Moderator Punishment Regarding Abuse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alicia Rue, Mar 26, 2020.

1. I would not say that this is much less. Coin and Alucard did not effect the community for the most part, while Papa litterally abused and mocked Falcor, and treated her like shit. That demotion was absolutely deserved in my opinion.

I do see your point in this however.

2. After reading everyones views up to now, my opinion had slightly changed. They commitment mass RDM, which is not something we want players to think is ok, we all know players get enough of that already.

They disrupted fun rounds, which many including myself enjoy and hate when they are disrupted.

They abused their powers, period.

Overall, maybe 2 weeks was too much, maybe it wasnt. The opinion varies from person to person, but the rules are set for a reason, and if that's what the mods decided, so be it.

Personally, I'm glad we still have Coin and Nell as mods, I'm sure they'll be more professional, but still bring fun into the games when they get back.

Keep discussing! Just stating my slightly changed opinion!

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Basically did the equivalent of what I did plus a little more and only got suspended 2 weeks, seems like an awfully light punishment compared to what was served out in the past.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

what did you do

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Credence

Credence Demon Lord VIP

Alright, about time for me to say something. I woke up to several messages from Jabba, at first he recommended a 1-2 week suspension in-game only, then decided to change it to a complete suspension for 2 weeks. After I told Alucard and Coinston, Alucard responded first with an apology and he took the blame exactly like Coinston said, he's not being a shitty person for saying that Alucard taught him how to do it like that, Alucard actually did. We (the administration) were getting the occasional report of mods adding infinite slays to each other, and were starting to make it clear to people to stop doing it, I had never heard of the bringing/slaying mid round, that is what went too far. Directly interfering with the round itself is abuse, and they did that several times. I was half tempted to demote them after viewing all the evidence, but I decided to go with Jabba and give them another chance. They know that they fucked up badly, and that it not only made them look bad but it made me as their admin look bad for not making it clear to them that abuse is demotion worthy. After this I made it very clear to mods that abuse will get them punished, be it a scared shitless talk or a demotion and ban from applying.

Jabba stood by my announcement that I made, as it was clearly long overdue, as Pacifist said, apparently it got lost somewhere that abuse isn't "fun". Abuse will just rile up a server, and vanilla sure as hell doesn't need to be riled up anymore than it already is. These were two relatively new mods with great potential, which is why I decided to go with Jabba and be lenient, (although Jabba decided that his original suggestion was too lenient), the situation with Nell is that he came to me and asked to be suspended, as he was part of the problem. As a result, he was given a lighter suspension. This should have been stopped way earlier, I myself had no idea that my mods were doing this to this extent, as nobody was alerting me of it before Peach did. (Pardon the jumping around I'm really fucking tired) Alucard also told me that he knew better, Coinston admitted it too, as well as Nell. They are all an example, not only of that we don't accept abuse, but that we can still be lenient. That's all my brain is gonna let me type for now.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

REINSTATE THE SOVIET UNION BUT IN SGM!!!

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. i was playing during that and i thought it was 2 peeps just havin fun, screwing around. like giving each other infinite about of slays to each other. They werent harassing/ random slaying or teleporting other players. Just themselves. Besides what do we play video games for? to relax or blow off steam and have some fun. Sure they are suppose to be serious but they weren't affecting anyone else's gameplay

If anything we need more active mods. Sure let them have a little fun but they do their job. Coin has been really good doing his job in my experience

• Dumb x 5
    • Disagree x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  8. Predated

Predated VIP

Alright, now time for me to say something, and I wanna speak for old staff and new staff, with the fuck? Excuse my french but you all saying "This is just a game for us to relax, no need to be all butthurt about it" Let me paint a picture for you guys and girls, and I know this shit is gunna get me either praised or hated on, but we all know the rules, like no rdming, no ghosting, no spamming, etc. And then if you get rdmed, and/or ghosted on, you call upon staff, who deals with it. At SGM, the staff team has been always, up until now, a very serious team of select individuals who were on top of their game when it came down to dealing with power no other person has. Maturity and knowing where to do it is key, insight and wisdom. But these two did not have that at all. To even think staff members were doing this is just plain stupid. SGM Staff are known to be the best, and we have posts like this to remind the community about it.

• Like x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1