Investigating [Modded TTT, Vanilla TTT] New map files not downloading from SGM Server(s)

Discussion in 'Bug Report' started by [MZK]Lightning, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Title:
    New map files not downloading from SGM Server(s)
    Applies to:
    Modded TTT, Vanilla TTT
    Description:
    I'm currently having a bit of a problem, and was hoping that someone could provide some assistance for me.

As everyone knows, some new maps (MC Richland, Jondome, Xmas B5) were recently added to the rotations of the SGM servers.

The issue is that the servers are completely failing to provide the map files to my GMOD client during the map change downloading process. I've checked into my "Downloads>Maps" folder to confirm that this is the case, and indeed it is.

This is in turn forcing me to download the files from https://fastdl.sgm.gg/maps/ , and manually patching them into the maps folder in order to join servers running these maps.

I currently have the setting marked "When a game server tries to download custom content to your computer" set to "Allow all custom files from server", so that's not the problem.

Also, I've experienced this only on the Vanilla Server so far, but it might extend to the Modded servers as well.

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.​
    Steps to Recreate:
    1. Join a Vanilla SGM server while the server is on one of the new maps.​

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2020
  2. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I'm unable to replicate this but it has been reported to me by someone else. I know it is not affecting everyone but who else is experiencing this issue?

3. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP

This has happened to me once on the modded server awhile ago.

4. Neto

Neto VIP

I dont have problems in Vanilla, Just in Haven (map differs from servers)
    My problem are in East-West, i need some addons or something, im not aviable to have those maps

5. Bad Adult

Bad Adult Child moderator of SGM Moderator VIP

I know of someone (no forums sadly) who can't play mc dolls because it won't download. They have tried many things...

6. Oh, I forgot to note that it was @iii who originally gave me the link to download the map files.

7. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

Yeah.
    @Bad Adult , the person you know can do what Lightning did and download the mc_dolls map manually from https://fastdl.sgm.gg/maps/ and then place it on one of their maps folders (Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps or Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\maps)

8. I'm still having this happen to me, and now on the Modded servers as well.

Just tried joining East, only to be told I was missing the file for the map Alps