1. Hello Guest! We'd like to invite you to join our Discord server. Join now and meet new people, discuss anything and everything, and have some fun with the community. All it takes is two clicks!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello, Guest!
SGM is celebrating its 5th Anniversary with a H.U.G.E. event, full of content and fun!
Join the party and help the community unlock new loot! Click HERE for more information.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the SGM Community forums, Guest!

We're glad to have you on board. Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to the community in our Introductions Forum? We'd love to get to know you!

If you're looking for information or help, please check out the New Users Guide where you can find all the details you need about our community, servers and the staff.

We hope you will enjoy your stay here in SGM! It's going to be fun.

Solved [Modded TTT, Vanilla TTT] Detective Appearance

Discussion in 'Bug Report' started by UncleBee, Jan 10, 2018.

1. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

Title:
    Detective Appearance
    Applies to:
    Modded TTT, Vanilla TTT
    Description:
    There are times when the round starts, that those appearances of players who have been chosen to be the detective for that round do not change and therefore are sometimes mistaken as normal players. Today i got slain because that "detective" whos appearance didn't change shot at someone, and i assumed he was a normal player and not a detective, so i killed him.

For those who say, they have a blue detective tag on them when you aim at them with your crosshair.

I do not do a whole research on that person whether they are a detective or not. I shoot immediately and in this case i had a perfect shot on his head, therefore he died in an instant.

And staff saying its your own "responsibility" is just dumb, because this isnt supposed to happen in the first place.

Fix this please, thanks.​
    Steps to Recreate:
    n/a​
    Attachments:
    Forgot to take a picture of one.
    @Ruki can confirm that his has occured​

2. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP+ Silver

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you kill yourself before the round starts then your current skin will replace the detective skin. I know this doesn't solve your issue but it helps to recreate it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

It's not exactly a bug, more of an exploit, but it should be fixed.

I've killed a Detective who wasn't using a Detective skin out of reflex several times. I see someone shooting, and I kill them, then get slain for RDM because they were apparently a Detective

4. Dargar

Dargar VIP Bronze

You are correct. Killing yourself before the round starts is what causes this.

5. Aarow

Aarow Trial Moderator VIP

6. Han

Han       VIP

7. I have to take the side of the staff on this. While you technically can kill people for shooting others, you should have some sense of who they are first tbh. If a known proven person starts shooting and you reflex kill them then who is to blame?

Yeah, it's a bug, but it shouldn't be patched just to stop rdm that shouldn't even happen in the first place. It should be patched for other reasons.

8. Han

Han       VIP

It should be patched because it's a bug. Even if it didn't cause RDM in the first place, it's a bug.

While I understand that you should be aware of your surroundings and people's names, sometimes it's very difficult to avoid RDM. Consider the post I linked for an example of that.

9. Yeah totally, things like that can happen. That thread is a good reason to patch it. I was just saying that killing someone and not being aware of who they are, even though you easily could have, is a pretty toxic way to play and should not be encouraged (even if it is technically allowed).

10. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~Falcor, all the time Moderator VIP+

11. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

dont get why people are double posting so much...

12. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Owner Developer VIP Silver