Rejected Modded - Switch out Minecraft b5 for Jondome

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Robyn, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Way more people prefer Jondome than b5. Please add Jondome to modded. Thanks!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Stitch

Stitch Forever the friendly blue alien koala VIP

I personally disagree with this since we have 2 servers dedicated to all kinds of minecraft maps. The reason minecraft_b5 is on modded is most likely because it's the most famous minecraft TTT map out there and it can attract people more easier than jondome in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I hate b5 and want it off modded. I don't like minecraft maps.

• Agree x 7
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  4. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

I agree, b5 is bad. Probably one of my least favorite maps out there. I dont really care if it gets replaced with anything, but b5 shouldnt be on modded, or even on vanilla.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

B5? more like i wanna die! +1

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I don't believe this is possible sadly due to the fact of whenever you start a server up the first map loaded on it and stays there is Minecraft B5. I had my old community have all of its files go corrupt and the only thing that was playable was Minecraft B5 itself due to it being the original map loaded with the server like them all. As much as I always hate going to B5 on modded servers, I don't think it's possible to remove.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Possibly the only intelligent thing you've ever stated.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

you can make another map the default map to be on when a restart happens.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

I dont mind wether b5 stays or not o.o

But replacing it with the minecraft map that has one the highest dislike rate of the Vanilla serevers' maps?
    Someone must have gotten the wrong leg out of bed to suggest that?

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

Firstly, [citation needed]
    Secondly, when you check gametracker you can see it's the most picked map on both vanilla servers right now, standing at 22% on vanilla and 17% on eunilla (currently).
    If it had such a bad dislike ratio I highly doubt it would've been even the 3rd most picked.
    Oh and please do replace b5 with jondome, it has far more potential mechanically with all the modded weaponry and tools than most of the other maps on the servers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

+2

13. Scotty

I know that like our modded servers the default is Dolls on a restart. What I mean by first to load is when you launch for the first time ever a new server, the map is Minecraft B5. With it coming with the original start up of the server I don't think it's possible to replace/remove it. Maybe a coder such as @Rare Endangered Spycrab or @Xproplayer could tell me otherwise but until then I stand behind me thinking its not possible. If possible I just want to remove all MC maps from modded in general, I hate playing MC maps on modded, it's what we have Vanilla servers for.

14. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Minecraft B5 is a classic, not only that but it's my all-time favorite map. I don't give a shit if it's on modded or whatever, I barely even think it belongs on non-vanilla servers just cause no one on them wants to play minecraft maps, but the fucking fact that you said it was worse than jondome proves that you are a piece of shit with no taste and I think I hate you. Jondome is and has always been only about the sword, but generally you annoying bitches throw it/the parts away to get rid of literally the only interesting thing about that god awful map.

Y'all the same kinda people who think serious town or w/e skyrossm made is a good map. They're both fucking boring. Add minecarts to them so I can prop surf or get the fuck outta my SeriousGmod you fuckers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I don't follow this thread 100% but if you are saying that a server can't change what server it boots with thats uber false.

Its set with a +map on launch of the srcds process or maybe in / on the server.cfg which would have a map or sv_defaultmap or something blah blah close to it

https://gmod.facepunch.com/f/gmodgd/igvg/How-do-i-change-the-default-map/1/

16. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I actually am not in favour of this. Jondome is a classic, but the main path people take to play Jondome is by going onto a Vanilla server. Adding Jondome onto Modded just makes Vanilla less special in that regard.

17. Scotty

I know you can change the default map that server starts on. I mean I don't think it's possible to change B5 out of any map choices due to it being the first map launched when you create a server before you load any other maps on it.

18. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

????? You can start the server on any map when it reboots.

19. Scotty

Not reboot. Whenever you first open up the server.

20. The first map is by default selected alphabetically. de_dolls is an example, its the first alphabetically so it starts up first on the modded servers, after a restart. You can also specify a different map on start by putting map <mapname> in the server.cfg

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.