[Mod] Snappy_Turtle Unprofessional Wrongful Slay

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by JustinVx, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinVx

JustinVx New Member

Name of Staff/Player: Snappy_Turtle

Server: Serious TTT West 1

Time of Occurrence: Around 11:00 PM GMT +9:00

Reason For Report: This happened at the beginning of a round in TTT I witnessed with my own eyes Snappy throwing a discombobulator and knocking someone off of a high ledge I say "Snappy threw that discombobulator" he the runs and swings at me with a crowbar so i kill him. He then marks me for slaying and another mod Carned -{CoNL}- said "you can't kill for that" when i mention I saw him throw a discombobulator he marks himself for slaying but doesn't remove mine. When I confronted him about this he said that i had no proof and "it doesn't matter"

Evidence And/Or Witnesses: A player witness this and said it was "mod rage" which I agree with, that players name is: [_-|==Addiction==|-_]

Screenshots:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =229520016
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =229520031

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

You've Misquoted me and yourself in this, firstly you said you killed him for "Being Holstered" after throwing a grenade, which you didnt see him throw, so i said you can't kill for being holstered because thats the same as being killed on weapon.

Next time you post a report, stick to the truth and don't Misquote players.

Snappy will respond as his earliest convenience

3. JustinVx

JustinVx New Member

Carned I saw him with my own eyes throwing the discombob and i didnt misquote YOU its in the screen shot the first one, "Carned: you can't kill for that" It's like you didnt even look at the screenshots but just waited for me to file this report so you could basically say: these are lies.

4. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

If you saw him throw the discombob, you should have said so. You allegedly told him you killed him for being holstered after throwing a grenade. Killing someone for being holstered is the same thing as killing someone for a non-traitor weapon that they have out and is not allowed by our rules. When stating reasons you killed people, you have to be as specific as possible to avoid a wrongful slay.

5. JustinVx

JustinVx New Member

When I was marked for slay I explained the whole thing to snappy thats when he marked himself for slaying and even STILL I told him I say him throw the discombob and he said "you don't know that" when I SAW him do it not only that if I'm in the wrong then why did he mark himself for slaying? Some half-assed attempt at being fair? By running up to me with the crowbar when I called him out he was traitor baiting by taking a swing anyways. PLUS he was literally the ONLY person who could have thrown the discombob because:

1. It flew from behind me and guess who was the only one standing there?
    2. When you use a thrown item such as a discom you go to holstered guess who was holstered?
    3. I called him out he runs up to me with a crowbar and swings (could this have been bait for me to shoot?) probably but either way I shot him he was in the wrong in two ways .
    4. Which brings the question why did he slay himself if I'm wrong?

6. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

Justin a few things.

A) try to keep the discussion civil without slandering, aggression, or mis-representation. The more worked up you get and the more "color" you show in your language, the less we are inclined to believe your statements are factual and unbiased.

B) It seems you were unclear while filing the report (and even now) whether you actually saw Snappy throw the nade, or you saw him holstered and in the direction it came from. Nades are tricky things. My personal rule that I abide by is I will not call anyone out for a nade unless I SAW them actually throwing it. If you just saw it come from somewhere behind you, and turn around and see Snappy, and kill him for that, then it's RDM. A traitor could have been behind HIM and thrown it and run, or it came from higher up and to you it looked like it came from directly behind you, etc. Nades are not like harpoons, they don't just travel in a straight line. They bounce, they curve, they're tricky little buggers. (whether or not he actually threw it is irrelevant, you would still have RDMed by killing him on suspicion).

C) You claim he "swung at you" with his crowbar, which then caused you to shoot him. Did he actually do damage to you? Did he just swing in empty air? Did he just right click to push? If he did no damage to you with the crowbar and then you shot him, then you RDMed him, which is slayable.

D) Since both you and snappy were slain, I see no problem with Snappy's judgement. He slayed himself for having killed an inno with the discombob, and he slayed you for having RDMed him.

7. JustinVx

JustinVx New Member

He was a traitor, so him slaying himself for killing an inno with a discombob as a traitor wouldnt make sense. In fact if he was innocent i wouldn't go through the process of making this thread. I really have nothing else to say on the matter, because I've explained it all that I have if you take action, good i think it was fair judgment. If you don't then I realize I've wasted my time and won't be visiting these servers again (a lot of you probably don't care anyways).

8. sNAppy-TurTle

sNAppy-TurTle VIP Silver

I slayed myself because i killed a t buddy with that discombob with out warning. On another note, he said he thought it was me, good thought, but didn't see as you didn't confirm until you said i hit you(was a push) with the crowbar. I did no damage and you had no proof.

9. JustinVx

JustinVx New Member

Then why even run up to me with the crowbar? If you knew I suspected you, you purely did that for me to shoot as I don't see how in your head the scenario would have gone differently.

As for the proof read my post that has the 4 points, combine those points with reasoning and deduction and there is your proof.

10. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

In-game, according to snappy turtle, you said you thought it was him. While you had a good guess, it could have very well been someone else, like Tsu said, who ran off after throwing it. Snappy Turtle could have been holstered for any number of reasons.

11. sNAppy-TurTle

sNAppy-TurTle VIP Silver

yes, it was to scare you, I am fond of that type of play. But, i did the look strait down throw, btw, holstered is not traitorous, I pushed you with 0 damage, and my slaying myself had nothing to do with making your rdm legit. It was done after I had slain you. no point to this argument. I understand your side, yes i was very sus. But not kosable.

12. JustinVx

JustinVx New Member

If nothing is gonna be done just lock the thread now so I can be on my way.

But I'll add one note, a constructive one at that. This server gives traitors way to much freedom, you should be able to kill a traitor under reasonable suspicion because right now the state of the game boils down to, wait until you get shot to start shooting back and by then it's too late. Also the way the game picks traitors is really unbalanced I don't know if you control that or not but being inno for 7 rounds in a row is NOT fun.

Plus I don't know why so many people are coming into this thread about this issue I came here to report that I was treated unfairly and I've talked to more mods than admins

13. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

Thread locked by request of OP.

Traitor pick is completely random. 7 rounds in a row isn't that many, I've had 15 consecutive inno rounds. I've also had 4 consecutive T rounds. RNG is RNG.

You posted a report, we replied with our thoughts and explained to you why what you did was wrong according to the rules, and why the mod didn't wrongfully slay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.