Answered Mod Revenge, Unreported Damage, or Mod Discretion?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Prozakk, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Prozakk

Prozakk VIP

The situation is that a mod reports someone, and the report is found to be invalid.
    Then 1-3 rounds later the mod goes to the damage logs and takes out 3 people that the player damaged/ killed around that time and reports this player 3x.
    Of course its 2-3 rounds later so this player had no reason to remember the reasoning for these kills. As the ones who were killed would have reported the round or round after they were killed.
    This player only knew for sure why they killed 1 person, unsure the other two. Therefore this player got 2 slays.

(I should include that the 3 kills were prop kills, I believe that includes the mod.)

Is this mod revenge, unreported damage, or maybe mod discretion?

Could I print logs for an RDM committed at the end of a map, then report at the end of the next map? Knowing that the reported person will most likely have forgotten why they killed the victim?

2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Allowed? Yes. Toxic? Absolutely. If a moderator was actively doing this then they should stop.

3. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

I mean if its rdm he can report it later if done out of revenge they will get in trouble hard to prove tho

4. Spitefulvenom

Spitefulvenom So long TTT! Administrator VIP

@Prozakk is this a hypothetical question or do you have something to show me?

5. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

what paradox said

basically we usually try and catch mass rdm before it gets too excessive or they go on a spree which could kill off the population of the server, it may seem "toxic" when we go and grab unreported damage but it is part of the job.
    As for the victims not reporting, you said they were propkills, its likely that the report message didnt pop up, it doesnt always credit the kill to the person throwing the prop, sometimes it will just say "you died to the word"

if a moderator abused this out of spite then yes absolutely they would have action taken against them, depending on the severity and the administrator in charge of that mod the punishment would range from a few things like a very stern talking to, temporary demotion or even full demotion but as a one off and in the situation you described i wouldnt say it was the actions of a toxic mod