Mod/Admin abuse

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Indy226, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Do you agree with me? Thats mods and admins are becoming increasingly abusive of power?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2019.
  1. Yes, I agree that mods/admins are abusing there positions of power

18.3%
  2. Yes, I agree and wish for the mods/admins to be demoted

5.6%
  3. Maybe, I've heard others say the mods are abusing but I'm not sure

18.3%
  4. No, I believe the mods/admins are handling each situation correctly

46.5%
  5. No, I believe anyone who is saying the mods/admins are abusing is a rule breaker

11.3%
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Burning heretics since M31 VIP

Name/User (or both lol):
    Bubonic

A few fun facts about yourself:
    1. I enjoy shitposts .
    2. I have mostly shitposts.
    3. I eat shitposts for breakfast.
    4. I live in a shitpost.
    5. I have a shitposting certification.

Favorite food:
    Smoked salmon.

Pet peeve:
    People who shitpost before I can.

Dream job: Shitpost director.

Favorite game and why:
    Shitpost Simulator (my web browser).

How ya doin?:
    Pretty shitposty.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Tbh. At least we arent like MOAT, where on your appeals they just say "Denied" with no reason given, and questioning it gets your ban extended.

While there are enough criticisms for the staff team to go around, we should be happy we landed with an often lenient, amicable staff team. We could be like other servers, but we arent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Smoked salmon is the SHIT, but one must ask, which vegetable truly goes best with it? potato? asparagus? green beans? For me its asparagus.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. sam(antha)

sam(antha) Salty Spittoon Banned VIP

1. Ask someone who's working on it. I don't have further info about it.
    2. Strict =/= Biased. One doesn't have to come with the other. Most of the mods do act neutral and calm. The ones that don't aren't around long. See: Glyph
    3. You can't control what people do. Following the rules is how you avoid getting banned and warned and slain. Them defending moderators can't be written off because you dislike the moderator. You would have to look at each individual instance to determine it.
    4. It's still up to Highwon and there isn't much the community or staff team could do about it.
    5. The reports are gone over by the moderator's admin and a determination is made based on the evidence presented. It's literally marked on the reports with admin responses laying out their reasons for the verdict. Just reporting someone without any proof that the staff is doing anything wrong isn't going to get you anywhere.

The mods aren't abusing. And of course if you accused a mod of abusing they would say no, even if they did. But if you get evidence of it you can report the moderator and it will be handled.

• Like Like x 4
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

e

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. Bubonic

e?

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

e.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Bubonic

e!

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. food

food VIP

1. Cool
    2. "The ones that aren't chill aren't around long" and what I'm suggesting is, use common sense and don't promote them in the first place.
    3. When I asked "how many reports does it take for a staff to get demoted?" It was actually a quantitative question.
    "You can't control what people do." That's literally why rules exist: to control things and people. And that's not some edgy political thing, that's the purpose of rules.
    It's not a rule, I'm just sick of people sucking up way too hard to admins. There's a fine line between obeying rules and being a kissass. One of them is ethical, the other isn't.
    4. Cool. (BTW i hope highwon is reading this)
    5. Not gonna repeat what Mr. Peanutbutter said, at least the admins give reasons. But sometimes (rarely but it still happens) people call those reasons unfair. Maybe they're just butthurt, but what I'm saying is a suggestion to make sure it doesn't happen in the future.

It's not a matter of if mods are/aren't abusing their power. I'm just saying that the STAFF shouldn't be the ones who decide that.
    Might as well hop on the shitpost train;

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. food

food VIP

Ë

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Genesis

Genesis VIP

agre

e

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

Hello am 48 year man from somalia. Sorry for my bed england. I selled my wife for internet connection for play "conter strik" and i want to become the goodest player like you I play with 400 ping on brazil and i am global elite 2. pls no copy pasterio my story

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. sam(antha)

sam(antha) Salty Spittoon Banned VIP

2. It's not about being chill. It's about keeping a calm and level head. The ones who get through are usually just on their best behaviour while trial mods so they can get promoted and once they're a mod they start showing their bias. It's not as simple as "don't promote them."
    3. This point was originally about defending moderators. Making defending moderators against he rules isn't going to happen. How many reports depends on how the moderator handled the situation. Like if they made a mistake on an obscure rule a couple times it's not as bad as them blatantly targeting someone or behaving unprofessionally. People do get demoted for reports though. See: dazza and Gazzy.
    5. Getting frequent complaints with no evidence or substance behind them isn't enough to act on.

Mob rule is bad. The staff team polices itself and has removed moderators that broke the rules. The staff team should absolutely be the ones handling rule breaking even if it's a staff member breaking them.

Just saying someone is abusing isn't enough.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Bubonic

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. food

food VIP

Our house in the middle of Our house in the middle of Our house in the middle of Our house in the middle of Our house in the middle of Our house in the middle of Our house in the middle of our house

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

Locking. If you wish to continue your conversations, feel free in pm's or in New threads etc. This is kinda just a mess at this point. I'm sure we'll try to decipher some meaning from some of the posts.

• Winner x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  17. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Reopened providing comments remain on topic and civil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Moderator should have to tell us they’re moderators when In game, moderators shouldn’t be using unmarked vehicles to pull over players in speed traps on i45. All staff should be required to wear vest cams.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Thank you. Let's get back to it, shall we?

Let's let the playerbase train the staff team

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2