Mod/Admin abuse

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Indy226, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Do you agree with me? Thats mods and admins are becoming increasingly abusive of power?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2019.
  1. Yes, I agree that mods/admins are abusing there positions of power

18.3%
  2. Yes, I agree and wish for the mods/admins to be demoted

5.6%
  3. Maybe, I've heard others say the mods are abusing but I'm not sure

18.3%
  4. No, I believe the mods/admins are handling each situation correctly

46.5%
  5. No, I believe anyone who is saying the mods/admins are abusing is a rule breaker

11.3%
  1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

If u want an answer message.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  2. Indy226

At the moment im waiting for Voca to say something and my mom to say something

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. Indy226

And u never told me about that second answer.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

Just FYI, there's a little button you can click to edit messages, instead of triple posting. It'll save you some dumb ratings.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. sam(antha)

sam(antha) Salty Spittoon Banned VIP

So I'm going to just go through and put my whole view on this into one post instead of having Indy reply to people with three one sentence posts.

The staff team in general is not abusing or even making an effort to abuse. I recently resigned from the staff team due to lack of time so I can say from my perspective the two biggest problems facing the staff team right now are inactive mods/admins, and incompetent mods/admins. There are still good mods left, but even the good mods can have trouble keeping activity up and that's a big problem. There are also some people on the staff team that aren't quite cut out for it in my opinion but I won't be specific as to who.

What you're seeing as abuse though is 100% misplaced. The people that I have seen in this thread call staff terrible are people who frequently skirt or break rules.

Pike is someone who comes onto the servers and onto the forums and calls staff slurs and hurls harassment at them. There were multiple times he joined a server I was on, pmed me calling another staff member a slur, and left immediately. He got banned for slurs twice in the span of two days because of how poor his behaviour was. Someone who just jumps on to hurl abuse at staff and leaves without saying anything beyond "tell dazza he's a f****t" isn't really looking out for the staff team's best interest. I just wanted to put his irrationally angry behaviour against staff out there so take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Indy first of all you have extremely poor rule knowledge. I don't understand how you can play on the servers and still not grasp basic concepts like RDM and leave and "don't ban evade". You were caught evading by public tools. They don't give the mods your IP or any information about your location. All it does is check your IP against the IP of banned players and tells the staff "evading" or "not evading". It also checks if your account is family sharing. Any abuse you see is just the disconnect between your lack of rule knowledge and staff following the same protocol they always do when dealing with someone. Don't send your poor mother on a goose chase trying to chase down those nefarious mods from a gmod server because you got caught being stupid.

This man is a bird racist and cannot be trusted

Hongo I love you. Please sit down and tell me about how the jews did 9/11 and they're turning frogs gay in Central America with chemtrails.

Staff can 100% do better but don't attribute to malice what can be better explained with ignorance. Communication is poor, staff team cohesion is poor, and this poll doesn't really say anything because the options are far too vague and cover far too many people to have any actual meaning.

The servers and forums aren't nearly as friendly a place anymore and toxic people complaining about staff with no real constructive criticism isn't going to help it get better.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

can yall niggas stop posting, 100+ posts in one today = 100+ alerts from one thread in one day in one forum in one sub section in one topic

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

how did we end up like this

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

this started because someone got round gagged for repeated mic spam

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Smor

Smor VIP

So many spergs in this thread

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

For real though why can’t we all just get along and follow the rules and not argue about certain standpoints? A lot of the toxic players who complain about the rules are usually the ones who end up breaking them the most, I’ve seen no abuse whatsoever from anyone so far. And this is coming from a guy who mic spams almost every time I join the server with him. Just learn to have fun man.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Thanks for the laughs, guys.

Also, some of you are overthinking it too much. It's not that complicated. If there's a way to do one thing, then there's a way to detect such thing.
    Well, this can be said for good amount of things said here as well besides that.

Secondly,
    [​IMG]
    If that's allowed to talk about, then family sharing checker/ip checker/etc. are allowed because by Highwon's word, they're essentially public (FYI, they had been used in ban appeals in the past. Go look it up.).
    P.S.: If I get banned for leaking/coi'd, just know that you're just being hypocritical for this.

Oh yeah. Here:
    [​IMG]
    Same thing for staff team. Nothing is stopping you from moving to another community if you don't like the staff team/rules.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Edited my last post, but one more thing. This shit isn't new. It's already been leaked and figured out by hackers from different sites.
    I'm surprised if regulars can't even figure out this shit.
    Example Proof:
    [​IMG]

Thus, I would like to write a small parting words: Grow up. There's better ways to deal with this than what you guys are doing.
    As for the other side, learn how to communicate better. We aren't you. You have your own interpretations of the words. We have our own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. food

food VIP

Well that was from two months ago and I don't think i've even played with you since but whatever. "multiple times" if you can show me one time I did that apart from with dazza [btw the fact that people are still defending him after what he did is disturbing], I'd love to see it lol.
    I don't come on just to get banned, I never did. Let me explain something; I don't dislike mods JUST BECAUSE they're mods. They're volunteering for a community, I respect that. Typically I give them a chance, and when they fuck up, I'm bitter about it, which i guess should come naturally. I'm not going to be friendly with someone after they do something that irritates me [this isn't even a gmod thing tbh]. But, when they do it repeatedly it's more than enough reason to dislike them. If they're fun to play with or chill, I respect them, but when they aren't even that, I don't see the point in defending them at all. What's even more frustrating when people do the opposite and defend them just because they're mods.

Here's why the server is unfriendly: Mods are getting worse and worse at their jobs. And, they can't even accept that, so nothing changes. You seriously expect people to not be angry at mods no matter what? Come on.
    Again, simply being or having been mod isn't a valid reason to hate someone. I get that. But it also doesn't make them immune to criticism.

"No real constructive criticism" I mean, obviously not all the points in this thread are helpful, and some won't get across, but mods/ex-staff are jeopardizing the poll. They're voting for themselves. How is that fair? How are people supposed to know if staff truly are abusing powers when STAFF are the majority of people saying no? That's the OPPOSITE of what this poll is supposed to do.

Alright, you want some constructive criticism? Here. And if these aren't valid suggestions, I would love to know why;
    -Make the rules clearer.
    -Don't take the game too seriously and don't hire uptight people.
    -Don't just defend people with a "moderator" tag.
    -hire a dev already lmao.
    -If enough people complain or even report on the same mod, maybe it isn't a good idea to let them keep being mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Indy226

Ok firstly you just said i have poor rule knowledge thats not true ur just biased at the fact i make mistakes quite a bit when i play, theres a MAJOR difference between shooting one person because they were shooting near people or two people fighting is one thing, me shooting someone for no reason and mic spamming is a different thing.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. 11Cent

11Cent : ) VIP

I agree fully, if anything needs to be done ip wise. its best an admin takes care of it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Grumble

Grumble VIP

Wow... This thread is one big shit show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

How does your ideal mod act? What is it that you don't want mods to do?

• Like Like x 1
  18. sam(antha)

sam(antha) Salty Spittoon Banned VIP

Bruh. You didn't even know that damaging a player for no reason was still RDM. That's why you got banned for RDM and leave, and then got banned for evading.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Indy226

More like i left 6 mins AFTER u handled the report
    U just banned me instead of adding a slay on my account

20. Indy226

Yeah i kinda regret making this now