Mod/Admin abuse

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Indy226, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Do you agree with me? Thats mods and admins are becoming increasingly abusive of power?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2019.
  1. Yes, I agree that mods/admins are abusing there positions of power

18.3%
  2. Yes, I agree and wish for the mods/admins to be demoted

5.6%
  3. Maybe, I've heard others say the mods are abusing but I'm not sure

18.3%
  4. No, I believe the mods/admins are handling each situation correctly

46.5%
  5. No, I believe anyone who is saying the mods/admins are abusing is a rule breaker

11.3%
  1. Syn

Syn VIP

"mods are moderating the server"

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

I do absolutely agree with this. There are functions in place to deal with things related to IP addresses. There is little reason to keep additional features available to moderators and I can only imagine this could be rectified with a simple permission change. While I'm not personally majorly concerned by it, its clear that the community is and is something that we should change.

I did pick this choice, but its because my view isn't represented in the Poll. I do absolutely believe that staff make mistakes, but to correlate that to Moderators just "abusing" their power is rather harsh. Maybe my view would of been better label under another option. For example, earlier today I made a mistake in a judgement which required me to re-watch my recording to identify the a Kos. I did so and didn't hear one, the player was adamant after I placed the slay that still there was a kos. I re-watched the recording and found out that I had missed the Kos on my initial review and thus apologized and placed a slay on myself. I don't consider this "abuse" as mistakes do happen from time to time.

What I feel like what moderators can lack more often then not is the ability to self review. It's not too difficult to recheck your judgement from time to time, especially if the slay etc is disputed by a player. Alongside this its important that staff also focus on communication. One way in which I do so (and most of the staff team should) is explanations within slay reasons. Unless its just blatant RDM, I will always seek to also attach a reason for the slay. This is done to at least enable a player to learn from what happened and to help prevent them from repeat offending. Alongside all of this we also should always seek to respond to messages from players (unless its just spam). If you feel the need to discuss a punishment or situation, you should feel free to message any active moderator and expect a response.

In what way do you mean this? Various staff have tried to change the community to meet their perception of "good". For example Hacking Punishment changes is something that I'm adamant that I've wanted changed alongside a reform of various other rules and punishments.

As discussed in the Shoutbox by Pacifist not too long ago, we as a staff team are also currently reviewing the Extended rules and implementing changes to assist with things such as clarity or other potential shortfalls. We hope to bring this version to the community shortly so that we can also receive their feedback.

In what further way would you like to see Moderators act?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. food

food VIP

If you really think mods make mistakes, then don't vote for the option that basically says "I think mods are doing things right." Those are literally opposing views lmao.

"In what further way would you like to see Moderators act?"
    Not like NPCs who just slay and mute people without warning, and also not people who pick favorites and ruin the fun of the game. Is it not obvious?

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I did not make fun of anyone. All I was saying was that I thought it was a bit weird that Indy was making this post considering he has consistently shown his lack of knowledge of the rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

We dont warn when we are going to slay you... what would be the logic behind that? “Oh hey yeah im about to add a slay to you so just a heads up”. ?????

When a player is spamming in mic or text chat, its followed by a protocol mods handle. 1st offense: gag/mute THEN warn. 2nd: rgag/rmute THEN warn again. 3rd: ban.

Im genuinely asking, have you even read our rules?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Can you guys quit being so toxic and moderate?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Pokeben10

Are you trolling us or are you serious?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Wait one sec if mods can't see my ip address then how the hell did Voca catch me ban evading?

• Dumb Dumb x 7
  9. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

Am I the only one that just used to play the game and never get shit/issues from anyone in-game? Lol

Translation for UncleBee: Am I the only that never used to get into shit with mods cause I actually followed the rules and never had any issues playing the game normally?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

I caught You ban evading as you were using a family shared account. I then informed Voca about this.

11. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

what in the cornbread fuck do you think? im panzer

:sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Pokeben10

That's the complete opposite of what I told you. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Xilah

Xilah Banned

you're insulting the intelligence of anyone reading your post by saying you're not making fun of him, but that's besides the point of my post entirely, which you seemed to miss.

Indy is someone who clearly struggles with the rules.. yet all staff has done has pointed out that he's out of order for claiming that staff abuse... why are you guys being so defensive? just help the damn guy.

you had two decisions when you read his post.. you could have either...

1. Call him out for not knowing the rules to knock him down further.
    What does this do? Makes him hate staff more. Makes him think the abuse more. Makes him think everyone is out to get him.

2. Help him understand the rules, and understand where his viewpoint might be coming from.
    will he listen? I have no idea. But at least you tried, were nice, and if he does listen, he'd be on the side of staff....

but for some reason you chose 1. for some reason you decided to break him down further while already frustrate

agree lol. thats why i said "fuck this shit im out"

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. Indy226

Ok so Voca couldn't prove this, and how would you have known?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  15. Elvis

I think the problem here is the fact that the rules were never read in the first place. He “struggles” with rules that have a very clear and very understandable definition. If he doesnt understand why or what a rule means or does, he could just ask.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Elvis

We have our ways

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. food

food VIP

Again, and I can't believe you're missing the point here: People hate mods when they take the game too seriously. You care more about modding the game than you do playing it, which is not only sad, it's irrational.

Yes, I've read your retarded textbook of rules. They're super unclear, and also kind of unnecessary. No gaming community needs this many rules. Also mods won't even specify what the proper protocol is in game because it's "leaking." [BTW that's not even what leaking means]

I'm genuinely asking, why moderate a server when you clearly don't care about it and people complain about YOU specifically all the time?

18. Elvis

To start, why do you think we volunteer our time to moderate? Do you think we just get mod and get to do nothing while letting everyone do whatever they want?

Wherever and whoever you heard this from, made a mistake because it is not leaking. I literally just told you our protocol, and our protocol is literally STAMPED in the MOTD. Im seeing more and more of “not reading the rules” here.

I dont think you understand what a volunteer does. When someone volunteers their time, they obviously care about what they are doing. I dont mind when someone complains about me. Ill admit i have room to grow. The simple fact of the matter here, is that 90% of those that complain dont even know the right thing thats supposed to happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Indy226

In what way
    This is now a legal matter as i never gave my ip to u and u have the ability to steal my private information

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Elvis

... again... dear god please just please read the rules and ToS here. PLEASE.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1