Mod/Admin abuse

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Indy226, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Do you agree with me? Thats mods and admins are becoming increasingly abusive of power?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2019.
  1. Yes, I agree that mods/admins are abusing there positions of power

18.3%
  2. Yes, I agree and wish for the mods/admins to be demoted

5.6%
  3. Maybe, I've heard others say the mods are abusing but I'm not sure

18.3%
  4. No, I believe the mods/admins are handling each situation correctly

46.5%
  5. No, I believe anyone who is saying the mods/admins are abusing is a rule breaker

11.3%
  1. Xilah

Xilah Banned

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-pokeben10.52520/#post-552255 oh

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Mods don't need access to IP Addresses at all. Only admins can deal with evading anyway, giving it to mods has proven itself to cause trouble.

• Agree Agree x 10
  4. food

food VIP

Just saying, most of the people voting for "No, I believe the mods/admins are handling each situation correctly" are either staff or friends with staff. In other words, they're completely missing the point of this poll and cherrypicking it.
    It's common for people to criticize staff members mildly or be salty, but it's getting to the point where everyone on the server is saying "this guy is the worst mod" in voice chat. It happened twice last night, and it's happening on Vanilla as I type this lmao. When that many people complain about the same person, i feel like that says something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Xilah

Xilah Banned

u keep saying this, and honestly, im tired of it. what proof do you have that im out to get you? I thought we were over this.

6. Pokeben10

It definitely makes the admins' jobs easier as there are way more mods than there are admins. And are the more instances that I am unaware of? That is the only one I know of in my time on SGM.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  7. Pokeben10

You brought it back up when you linked the report in your response to me... I was done with it.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Xilah

Xilah Banned

cause you publically called someone out for being wrong and was condescending towards someone even though you make mistakes too. i came over after being staff at dinkleberg for awhile after it was drama city over there and their rules are pretty similar. when someone didnt know the rules instead of breaking them down publicly we'd focus on trying to teach them. I get that people make mistakes, but why cant people just be nicer when mistakes happen?

9. Pokeben10

If you wish to discuss this situation further, we can do so in PMs. This is not the place to do this.

10. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Xilah

Xilah Banned

what, why?

this thread is about the appearance of mod and admin abuse, and i think this highlights a big reason why. when someone says that they are being abused instead of being explained the rules... you make fun of them. I think this place is the perfect place for this discussion since i think this is exactly what gives peopel the appearance of abuse

pokeben, why did you make fun of Indy instead of helping him?

12. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Actually Xilah brings up a good point, why aren't the mods/admins ever on the side of whose trying to make good change?

• Like Like x 1
  13. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

iT mAkEs aDmIns JoB eAsiEr, its not ur job so just stay out of it, you saying this makes it even more worrysome

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Your poll should have had a better middle option like
    "No, I believe the mods/admins are handling most situations well but they can still make mistakes and they're most likely not abusing any powers intentionally."

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

The only one you know of, yes. There's been other times where this has been abused, and I bet countless more times where it's been abused and we never caught the guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Vaguely saying that the staff team is abusive is useless. If you want to actually improve the staff team what you need to do is figure out which staff are the ones causing the problem and get some examples of reports against them/how they act on the server to back it up. Also you have to show that the particular staff member you're targeting didn't just make a one time mistake.

If you're on the server and the mod online is making bad calls on reports/acting unprofessional don't just say "oh the staff team doesn't know what they're doing". The problem is that specific staff member. Screenshots/recordings of their behavior and their calls on reports are way more helpful than your word.

Right now I'm on the side of the staff/ex staff because the other side is hardly giving any specific examples save for the report on Pokeben. The people complaining about the staff need to understand that they need something to back up whatever they say about a staff member before anyone can take it seriously. If all you're gonna do is vaguely complain about the staff team without any details or evidence then of course you're gonna get ignored. If you wanna see what happens when you actually see a real problem with a staff member and get evidence to back up what you're saying then let me remind you of this report.

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-papacharlie.51648/

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frosty

Frosty Stay frosty! VIP

I dont agree with this, for one people have started coming on the server to hack, rdm, spam and more, i do think there is a change in terms of tolerance towards rule breakers, BUT i do not think that they are abusing in the slightest capacity, it may seem like it but its really not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Hongo

Hongo VIP

dinkle staff were insanely corrupt

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  19. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

this should not be your concern. you are a moderator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

I actually thought of that when making this but thats why i put the maybe option

• Useful Useful x 1