Milestones, Marks, and Memories

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Darktooth, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

I always look back at the single team evaluation you gave us, it gave off a great sense caring and the effort you put into your mods and the community. We didn't talk much after you got promoted, the stray league game every now and then, and I hated that but it was always great when you were in teamspeak and you were the life of the channel. Not many of the newer people on the server will remember your streams, but they were amazing and honestly I looked forward to them a lot. There was also that one time I challenged you to a game of Super Smash Bros, and you beat me twenty times only to have me win by ganonciding, yet you still donated me vip+ for that. I'm rambling now but you've made a huge impact on all of us, and made us laugh and smile and just improved everyones attitude, this servers going to miss you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

thanks for everything man

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Your leadership will be missed by all

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

No tears, only dreams. Cya around.

5. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

Holy shit, really sucks to see you leave. Best of luck DT, it was a blast staffing/playing with you way back when. Thanks for the memories, take care!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  7. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

This was the first time we ever interacted with each other
    [​IMG]
    Ever since I joined this community I've looked up to you, even before I really knew you I wanted to be on your team.
    [​IMG]
    No matter how many times I left your team, you always let me back in with open arms, even if I didn't deserve it. By far you are the person that has impacted my time here the most, I really don't know where I would be without you.

By far I can say I enjoyed being a moderator under you the most. I ran under your hour requirement almost the whole time I was a mod the second time I was under you, at one point I had 7 hours and you still had faith in me to get back into things.

Not only are you a super understanding person, but you always know how to make people laugh, the memes we were all apart of will always make me smile when I look back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Although this makes me sad, I know we will always be friends. I know I can always message you if I need something, the same way that I know you'll be back some day.

"Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over. "
    -Octavia Butler

Take care, friend.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  8. $crim

$crim What's New VIP Silver

Darktooth, thank you for all that you have done.

9. Cafedemocha

Cafedemocha 2319 VIP

Thanks for all time and hard work you've put in this community o7

10. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Tragic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

Best of luck in your future, DT. You've been a lead for as long as I can remember and the impact you've had on this community is astounding. See you around man.

12. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

Darktooth,

You were the first admin that I felt comfortable talking to on a personal level. When I was your mod I had so much respect for you and how you managed our team. I knew you cared for us. I still look through our old team conversations sometimes, brings back a lot of good memories. I remember before I left for basic training last year you had mentioned and dropped hints on how you wanted me to be an admin someday. As much as I wanted admin, I knew I needed to start my life and leave for a little bit. When I came back in May I would've never expected to be where I am at right now, and I have you to thank. I'm really gonna miss you as my Lead. Take care man, and keep sending those fire snaps.

Memories:
    Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_45.png
    Screenshot_14.png
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot_54.png

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Dt, you know, you always seemed like a cool guy, a great leader, and gets all the peeps with that captain falcon shirt. Wish I could have known you better, never really got to talk except that one time, I remember having my phone on your stream watching you go and mess up on things and just have a blast talking to everyone. The community won't be the same without you. I'd totally post some of the screenshots I have on my phone, but it legit died, the screen just gives of red green and blue until it becomes pure white. Have fun, again captain falcon shirt all day every day.

15. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Don't go gentle into that good night, best travels to you.

16. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

We've been through a lot

You've always been the one person in this community who I looked up to and admired no matter what happened. The one person I never want to disappoint again. And there's not enough words to describe how unexpected this was for me to wake up to. I saw that you tagged me in a post and I was like "cool, somebody made a thread talking about milestones and memories in the community!" only to have that feeling overtaken by a wave of sadness when I saw your name in green and realized what this was.

Initially when I lied to you about the Skype drama and you told me you were disappointed in me, that hurt more than any demotion ever could. When I was sent screenshots of you considering resigning because of the Trifroce situation, I was crushed. You didn't deserve to be caused any stress or sadness and I'm so sorry if I made those days in your life a little difficult for you. You're the friendliest guy I know and not one I want to make upset in anyway.

After the Triforce event you refused to speak to me for a couple of months, but eventually something inside of you knew that I was truly sorry, knew that if you forgave me something good would come of it. You forgave me and picked me up as your Moderator. I immediately recognized that I was under you, the person who I felt so bad for hurting. From that day forward I promised myself I would make you proud, and that my way of doing that would be to get myself promoted to Administrator. I wasn't going to give up on being a Staff Member for good until I achieved this goal. When you were promoted to lead a month after being my Admin, this goal only became stronger as I had wanted you to be the one to promote me, not anybody else. I wanted you to be the one to recognize just how much I was working to make you proud.

Even though it took me awhile since that day to get here, I made it. You made me an Administrator 5 days ago and I'm never, ever going to forget the feeling I got when I got back to my computer to see multiple messages from Admins and then you coming into Pandora's channel asking to talk to me privately. I'm never going to forget how nervous I was during the interview, and how great it felt to be happy, to share that happiness, and to start my era as an Administrator here.

Don't worry, I'll continue to grow and be exactly what you said. Promise.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. Darth Gorgamel

Darth Gorgamel A Dark Lord of the Sith VIP Emerald

It is sad and weird not to see you in the orange lead admin color. One thing though is you were one hell of a lead. Lead since before I even joined these servers or forums and you were amazing. #TeamTooth was the best lead admin team during my current time here. Your dedication here was absolutely amazing and I appreciate it. You helped make this place a better one to be. You will be missed as a lead admin that is one thing for sure. Good luck and have fun, don't forget you are awesome.

18. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

I'm kind surprised you tagged me, big ol' Darktooth. I don't look back that negatively on my days staffing, and I'm still surprised that you had PM'd me asking me to reapply and then I kinda just decided to on a whim. I thank you for the second opportunity to become a mod here. I feel kinda bad for resigning without talking to you though. So I'll say it here: sorry for not letting you revoke my privileges instead of asking dear ol' Sinz instead. Love ya DT, even if I'm not as active as I used to be here. #TeamTooth B)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

oh

message me whenever you're playing smash on a stream yea?

god bless

20. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I never thought that there would ever be a resignation that would actually make me cry hard, like, I can't stop hard. Like the kinda hard where you find it hard to breathe, where you feel a burning sensation in your eyes. That kinda cry where it like, sucks the life out of you, where you need to nap after cause you're just so damn tired. I never thought that there would be a resignation that would knock me for a 6. Actually make me questions everything I trust to be real. And honestly I never thought there would be a resignation where I felt like I lost a part of myself and as drastic as all of this may sound, when I look back it makes a lot of sense to me. Rosie, you have just done so fucking much for me over the 9 months that I have been your Admin and I can't even comprehend it.

Back when I was a Moderator I never got the chance to talk to you all that often really. I saw you in SB from time to time, memeing pretty hard and I always wish I had the courage to join in. I think I did eventually. Our long running meme about "dat jawline doe" that carried on into my Admin days I think is the start of our actual friendship. But prior to that I always looked up to you. Each time I saw you speak anywhere, I hung onto every word. It was just some aura you had, something special that I couldn't quite put my finger on and never will be able to, but accepted anyway.

I remember when I resigned you posted onto my farewell, and honestly I was a little shocked. We hadn't done much actual talking as far as I could recall but it meant a lot that you still managed to know who the hell I was. It was a surreal feeling, and you'll probably scoff and think I'm silly but I don't care. All I knew was that, someone pretty damn special, knew who the hell I was.

Then I came back for a week and a half and I then got the message I was so surprised to hear. Steven told me that the leads and Highwon wanted to talk to me. I remember my interview just like it was yesterday. I legit just woke up, got on TS and you pulled me into Private. You asked me questions, told me to keep it hush and said it would happen later in the day. Jesus I was so excited and having to keep it a secret was unbelievably hard.

But then it happened. We were all on TS, and I mean legit everyone and their dogs was there:
    [​IMG]
    And we got on EU and it happened and it was gorgeous. But not after you sent everyone on a wild goose chase to West 1 and then EU 2 and finally EUnilla cause you seemed to have forgotten my lil situation with my laptop. It was on this day, November 30 that, the now renamed, #TeamVegemite whose channel pw was legit oim8, was born.

And on that day something else special was born. Our friendship. You stayed up until 4am to promote me, had to be up early for class and the beginnings of something great were some of our first SB messages together with me as Admin.
    [​IMG]
    And this, this became out every day thing. Remember this shit?
    [​IMG]
    It only got worse and I swear I have soo many screenshots of this shit like dear lord I could post so many. But I won't. These are our memories and I'm so grateful for that.

As time went on you and I grew closer. And I'm honestly so glad that we did. Things also took a turn for the worst in regards to life for me and I'll never forget that day. One I got some shitty ass news but two because, you were the first person I told, and I told you just as it happened and you, you were there for me. You cared so much and it meant so much to me that I had a friend like you to be there for me when I was so low. You say that I'm strong but I would never have been able to do the things I have, without people like you. Without. You.

The months that followed have been shit, but you have never once stopped being not only the most amazing lead that anyone could have asked for, but one of the most best friend and one of the most amazing human beings, that anyone could ask for ever. Your compassion, your love, your care, know no bounds when it comes to the people you care about and I am truly blessed to be one of those people Rosie. You and I have been through a lot. We have been there for each other when we needed someone most, both as Admin and Lead and as best friends and honestly I am so glad that I have you in my life.

I know I'm babbling here but I have a few more things to say.

One, I'm not going anywhere. I made a promise to you back in March. I remember it clear as day. I told you I would be your longest running Admin pick up ever. I broke that record a month ago and I'm so glad you saw me through my 9th month as an Admin here. All I ever wanted to do, was to make you proud and Rosie, I hope I did.

Secondly, if you lose contact with me I will fly my ass over to NY and find you and kill you myself. I can't lose you and I know I have plenty of ways of keeping in touch with you, but I'm still telling you here. Got it?

And finally. Thank you. I say this on behalf of the entire community, thank you. You gave up so much for us, you gave this your all and this community is so much better because of you. You are an amazing individual and I know that no matter where life takes you now, you will always be the amazing Rosario that we know and love.

And thank you. From me to you. I know I am a better person for knowing you and for getting to be your friend and I honestly wouldn't change anything for the world. Thank you for being there for me when I needed someone. Thank you for letting me be that person for you. Thank you for letting me in.

Thank you for being you.

I love you so much and I care for you so much and I can't wait to see just what else you can do. In the mean time. I'll continue to do what I can to make you proud.

I have more to say but not nearly enough time to say it. I had a lot to get off my chest just to show you just how much i appreciated you and how much you meant to me (and obviously still do). Now I'll stop and leave it at that.

Rest easy Rosie, for your time to really truly shine, is now.

:love:

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1