Milestones, Marks, and Memories

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Darktooth, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Good evening, Serious GMOD community.

My time here has given me some of the best times of my entire life, and there are numerous amounts of individuals who have truly contributed to the greatness that this community holds. I've grown with this community, becoming moderator back in June 2014 as a senior in high school, administrator a month before leaving for college, and a lead administrator in the beginning of my second semester of my freshman year. I've been lead administrator for longer than I've been moderator & administrator combined, by a long shot. Ain't that ridiculous? I always proclaimed that I was the "staff member who'd never leave" and devoted myself to this cause. I wanted to be the best staff member that the community has ever seen, and was motivated to ungodly levels to this goal. Now, as I am starting my junior year of college, I feel as if it's best for me to hand the baton to someone more capable.

This community has been special to me in many different ways. The friendships, companions, and enemies made here defined me and gave me the experience and life lessons that I didn't think I would get. The users who use this community as their method of discovering a new life, creating new bonds, and having a new family have all affected me in their own ways as well. Everyone who has ever played on the servers has had their effect on me, even someone who logs on to Mass RDM 25 people for 3 rounds as the moderators struggle to clean up their CS:GO match that's 15-14 and an ace away from victory.

The staff team here will grow, with new blood helping the community change and develop into a new era. I've seen many eras of staff teams go by, run by different lead administrators, and they all are unique to each other in some way. I am confident that the young, courageous administrator who will fill up my spot will try as hard as ever to make this community great. And for this reason is why I must resign from my position.

In tradition, and since this will be the last and only farewell I will ever make (a promise I made when I was moderator!), I will display and give tribute to some of the key individuals who impacted me in ways that no others did.

@Sinz - Surprise, surprise. A dedicated moderator, administrator, and lead administrator throughout all of his reigns of terror, and an amazing, caring, and best friend I could have asked for. While you can't log in to see this post, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for me, and show my appreciation for you even when the going got a little rough.
    @Disruptionz - The other italian mob boss, and another one of my extremely good friends. You were truly the defining individual during the majority of my lead administration here, since we both shared the most amount of time with each other as lead. An underdog of hard work and dedication that does not get proper appreciation from the masses.
    @Slicck - Resign all you want, but even after you come and go more than a street hooker, I still value all of the times you make an effort to be around the community. And even though you might not think I consider you a close friend, I have always ever since we were moderators.
    @Highwon - Even though you never really outspoke my value to you, I'm glad that we were able to work so efficiently together for the amount of time we had. I wish you all the best with this, and don't expect anyone to beat my record of longest lead administrator for a while. ;)
    @Toxin - ur not getting a serious one
    @C.A.Anna - You know I would only write a lot if I thought I was saying goodbye, but I'm practically unable to say goodbye to you. You are strong, even with all of the complications in your personal life that would defeat any other. I hope that you will continue to be the longest standing administrator on my (former) team.
    @CDriscoll - I'm sorry to do this to you, but I wouldn't have done this if I knew you would be able to handle this whole place on your own for a little spell. You can push this community to great bounds, and I'll see you on the rift.
    @Lemon - Thanks for the hard work and effort that you gave me. Keep pushing for higher ground, and stay for as long as possible, plz.
    @Kyogre - I'm finally free. Be easy on yourself, as now there is no longer someone to constantly belittle you for fun.
    @Mr. Rogers - Continue to grow. You will be one of the driving forces towards this community's peaks, and I know you are capable of greatness.
    @Machinekiller00, @ryan4win, @Azure, @Patrick, @Alchemized, @Turquoise - Never forget.

I don't want to drag this on for too much longer, but I'd like to thank all of you for what you've done for me, for the servers, and for the community. Never forget what is most important to you, and always be the best people you can be to everyone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darktooth [​IMG]

• Friendly x 54
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb x 1
  2. You will be remembered dt. Sad to see you go.

3. Ats

Ats VIP Bronze

u're cool don't go

4. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

even though i get huge vibes that you hate me
    please be well
    and never be afraid to return
    you honestly tried your best
    and that's something to be proud of

Good luck on your future adventures, Dark.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Bye darktooth, you were a good lead.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

i respect

7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Who is gonna keep Cd in his place now

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Void

Void VIP Bronze

To whom this may concern(DarkTooth),

Why must you do this to us ;-;. Good luck with life come on whenever you want to or can. We are all here for you if you didn't know. We will also all miss you, have fun!.

From, (Insert name)

9. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

The man, the myth, the legend.
    Have a good one Darktooth, you have earned it.

10. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

[​IMG]

Didn't think you'd actually resign :cry:. You used your own discretion to give me 4 slays after messing around when you were Admin.

11. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Never thought I'd see the day you weren't lead but you'll be leaving big shoes to fill, especially with the loss of another great lead I can't picture anyone else in you and Sinz's place. Hopefully the next leads will be able to show up.

you also have a huge gnard on

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

One of my first closest friends on this server. I remember back in march of 2014 I would get on and I so happened to meet you one day. Just a regular VIP and you were always so fun to play with and talk to. You actually were partly the reason why I got VIP in the first place. I remember I'd get back home from school and I would just wait till I saw your name pop up saying playing gmod. I would join you immediately and it would be a lot of fun. Just playing ttt all day on East 2. Man those were the days and it's hard to really imagine that things were like that at some point. You were just a regular user like a lot of the current people who play in the community. I still remember the times we would message each other in game about how you applied for moderator and you were looking forward to getting picked up. You would tell me all the time about all the comments you got and how people are supporting and noticing you. I felt proud and it inspired me to want to help out as well so I made a mod app. First one got denied but the second time around you gave me a lot of support and so did many others. I thank you all for giving me that chance at being mod the first time around. If I never got staff I would have never have a reason to really stay since TTT get's boring after a while. I would have never made the friends I did due to being a staff member and everything would have been so much different.

I rooted for you to be admin on the down low. I wanted you to get it so badly and part of me knew you wanted it too. I always hoped that I would be under you if you ever got that admin spot and you did eventually get it. Sadly I didn't last long under you and I regret that decision to this day because I would have loved to be under you. I've seen how you worked and I would have loved to work with you but I made some dumb choices. At least I ended up coming back again as a moderator and I got the chance to see you around again. Except around this time you were a nice bright orange and It was good to see you take charge and start leading the community. Not just you but everyone else but you have helped and done so much for this community. Sometimes people trash talk you on how you never do anything and you aren't around. While it might be true you weren't around because you were busy. I knew that it wasn't true that you never do anything because you do a lot for us and I've always appreciated it a lot. Like I tell everyone who ever said something like that, you do a lot for us and you care about this place so much. You could have easily left ages ago but you didn't. This place wouldn't have been the way it is now if it weren't for you. I'm glad that we all got the chance to have you as our lead admin. Thanks for everything you have done for us.

But I know this isn't a goodbye. I just like sharing some of the nice memories we've had during the time that I have known you. First online friend that I ever met up with and for the future, if you ever come back down here we need to do something again. I'll see you on the rift, we need more footage of sgm or bots.

Never forget

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Cool Lead, Gonna miss ya even after the things that happened.

15. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

One of the best people I have ever met in this community, I remember when we were both Tmods together (Or, you were a full mod but just got promoted when I got trial, but whatever)

You'll be missed <3

-A

16. aco taco

aco taco ghosts n' sharks VIP

Dedication is your middle name DT. I'll forever remember when you pushed for me to be picked up as a moderator and for that I thank you because here I am now. I wish for you to find happiness beyond this community and I know you will succeed, good luck.

-Aco

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

Why must you join the purge, I thought it was over.

Joking aside, I didn't see you much either but based off the timeline you gave, I'm sure you had some part in making the community what it is today. Hope to see you around in the future though :)

18. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Differences aside, you were one hell of a staff member and lead to work with and talk to while I was on the team. Take it easy and good luck.

19. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

:/ Not gonna say i'm not upset. But I know you know what's best. I truly wish you the best in everything you do. And I'm pre sure most of us know you'll succeed.
    You were someone I could go to about anything and know I'd get no bullshit and you'd tell me straight.
    I don't think you know how much I respected and trusted you.
    You're a good dude dt. Can butters be unbanned now

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

This can't be real.

Darktooth you served this community so well as a Lead Administrator and I can't begin to express the amount of gratitude for you and Sinz to have faith in me as an Administrator here. When we first met I might've been one of the biggest pains one can know, but despite the extremely rough start I had, you both wanted to see me grow as a person and as a Staff Member. You and Sinz were my role models and are what made me want to push myself further to be the best for my team as well as the Staff Team in its entirety. I honestly believe you were too harsh on yourself at the end of your term, despite how you weren't around as much as you would've liked I still saw how strongly you were able to hold the Staff Team and the community itself together when at times of need. You knew when things needed to get done and I always respected you for all of this.

I firmly believe that you indirectly taught me through your experiences how hard work pays off so well and I wish you only the best in your future endeavors.

You're a very talented guy and I know you'll be doing outstanding things in life. Take care man and have fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 3