Metallica - Death Magnetic (Remastered)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Boulja Boy Tell 'Em, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Not sure how many Metallica fans there are, but if there's any, you'll know that Rick Rubin ruined Death Magnetic by ignoring everything he learned as a mixer and compressing everything to hell.

But here's the good part!

With the release of Guitar Hero: Metallica a while back, the individual instrument tracks (guitars, bass, et cetera) were made available in pretty damn high quality. People have ripped them from the game (legally, they own it, as do I) and made them available for download. I took it upon myself to download the tracks, mix them in a normal, non-bad way, and put it up for download.

I don't think you're supposed to download this if you haven't legally obtained the Death Magnetic album already, but what do I know. Play it safe, blah blah blah.

Here it is, let me know what you think.

2. Quantum

Quantum Active Member

I have the Death Magetic on CD but I play it rarely because the audio is too fatiguing. It was supposed to be a good comeback album and it is but the mix as you said it, is pretty much crap to put it lighty.

3. You could always download mine (or someone else's, I've heard good things about Moderus' master) and burn it on a CD

4. Quantum

Quantum Active Member

Do you have a link to your version?

5. It's in the OP

6. yeims219

yeims219 New Member

dude , your remastered version is so much better than others i've heard. thanks a bunch! i'm really enjoying this album for the first time!!

7. yeims219

yeims219 New Member

oh one more thing. are you familiar with a version of suicide and redemption in which the two complete solos (jh and kh) are put together? check this link i think the guy did a good job there joining the solos but the remaster itself doesn't do much for me. you think you can do a better remaster since you have the all the instruments separated of the songs.

well thanks anyway for your remasters digging it a lot man!