Denied mercerOrange's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by mercerOrange, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercerOrange

mercerOrange Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    zombiekillercds
    Your Steam ID:
    idk
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I got banned for no reason, I came to the forums to make a player report on Vask stating he rdm'd me multiple times along with everyone else I the server just going with it and letting him do it. I even stated that I don't have access to logs so I cant post logs to show it​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    i'd like to see evidence of me being in any way guilty. Vask kept killing and killing and instigating me, so I got mad and left. came back to a 5 day ban that has no right to even be there. If anything, Vask deserves a day ban for tactical rdm/harassment. I couldn't even go on the server without being blasted with bullets and ignorance.​

2. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

I banned you for RDM & leave.
    I'll show you the evidence shortly.

3. mercerOrange

mercerOrange Member

Vask killed me, over the course of 2 maps, atleast 6 times. 2 of them being traitor rounds, and nobody did a thing. if you guys were to check the logs, youd find them. I do not have the ability to look at them. whenever I try, I get a message that says "you do not have permission to open damage logs" so how am I supposed to provide evidence if your server doesn't allow me to defend myself??

4. mercerOrange

mercerOrange Member

oh IM the one you banned
    out of the many times Vask rdm'd me

5. mercerOrange

mercerOrange Member

how am I supposed to provide the evidence needed to clear my name if you wont even let me open logs? its retarded

6. mercerOrange

mercerOrange Member

so why am I the one banned if Vask is literally being the epitome of harassment and tactical rdm? like what

7. mercerOrange

mercerOrange Member

youre a lead admin, you can go back and look at logs frrm previous maps and rounds. mc dolls round 1-5. I died every single round by vask. and nobody did a damn thing

8. mercerOrange

mercerOrange Member

ya know, if you would give me permission to OPEN LOGS at the time I could have screenied and posted them, but no. for whatever reason, I can not open them. "I don't have permission" how am I supposed to provide evidence if the evidence is locked from me??

9. Teroxa

I joined the server because I received reports about vask RDMing.

When I joined, the reports that were filed against him were already gone. The RDM manager only allows us to look at reports from the current and previous map. That's a technical limitation.
    I checked through the old logs, but they aren't entirely conclusive on their own. I don't know the exact circumstances of something that happened a couple maps ago when I wasn't online.
    We don't ban players without conclusive evidence. I applied slays to vask for the counts of RDM I found. While I was still investigating, you complained about vask, dropped the n-word a couple times and then decided to leave the server.
    Shortly after, I received a complaint from another player about you RDMing and leaving. I checked the logs and did indeed find something. I then banned you for RDM & leave according to protocol.
    I'll upload the evidence for this shortly.

For the record - we don't allow players to open the RDM manager that is correct. We have a custom build of it containing custom scripts and staff information. It's a staff feature after all.
    There's a feature built into the gamemode tho where you can type ttt_print_damagelogs into your console and it'll show you the logs for that round. It only works when the round is over to prevent ghosting.

I'll respond with my evidence shortly. I'll lock this up in the meantime.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  10. Teroxa

Hey there. Thanks for your patience.
    I already described the situation above, so I'll just follow up with my evidence here:

So as already described above, while I was checking through the old logs
    [you won't be able to see that since the following recording is taken from a demo, and they tend to break my RDM manager],
    this is the conversation I heard in the background:

I then received this complaint in adminchat:
    [​IMG]

I checked the logs and found this:
    [​IMG]

You shot Vask at the beginning of the round, damaged him for 96HP and almost killed him.

[​IMG]
    Once again at right at the start of the round, you killed this player and damaged a detective.

I went to report the damage to give you an opportunity to explain what happened, but you had already left the server.
    [​IMG]

---------------------

You now have an opportunity to give your side of the story.
    So can you explain to me what happened there and why you damaged/killed those people right at the start of the round?

11. Teroxa

It's been 3 days since I asked you for an explanation.
    It's only a 5 day ban.

Feel free to play on any of our other servers in the meantime.

Appeal denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.