MCMMO Issues

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Amatsu, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

For about a week now, MCMMO downloads excessive data, causing lag, whenever I level a skill, or use any MCMMO related command. I have noticed that for the leveling part, it displays a scoreboard on the right for a brief moment, showing EXP to next level and the skill's current level. This did not occur previously. Whatever the devs have done to try to fix issues have made matters worse. Others have started to complain in game of this.

Given previous comments in a prior thread, it sounds like a brief solution is to delete some sort of file on the server, but a more permanent solution is needed no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

From day one on the server I remember the scoreboard popping up when I leveled up. I haven't had any lag due to Mcmmo unless I count something like ghost blocks after using super breakers

Does the server seem to lag for you or does your Minecraft freeze for a moment?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Lag. No lockups, I can still move, try to break/place blocks, ect, but due to the server downloading whatever data due to leveling/used mcmmo commands, it takes several seconds for the latter to register. Oddly enough it has yet to result in ghost blocks.

4. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I have been having the same issue for the last few days. Each time a mcmmo skill ranks up it delivers a surge of lag to my side and it takes about 10 seconds for me to catch back up with the server. This creates a problem if you rank up while fighting a mob; as you'll be hit with a 10 second delay, and by the time you've caught back up to the server you're usually dead at that point.

5. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

While this simply may be a fluke it feels like some skills lag more then others. Swords took over 30 seconds for the lag to clear for me, but Taming felt about half that. Possible insights into causes.

6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

7. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

This will hopefully be fixed tonight. I was hoping we could do a scheduled downtime to do some maintenance that requires an empty server, but I'm going to need it announced prior. Asking Dis about a floating notification for 12am est.

Edit for those interested: Essentially porting McMMO to SQL to improve performance. Oversight on our part, McMMO used to perform a lot better with large flatfiles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Awesome to hear that a possible solution has been found. Getting a bit tired of shooting a mob and suddenly 60 seconds of lag and being punched in the face by said mob. Would normally be super lethal if it wasn't for having god armor.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.