Dev MC_Fissure Final FPS Testing

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by john redcorn, Nov 5, 2016.

?

How many FPS are you getting

1. 60+

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. 45-60

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 30-45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Under 30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Since the map was denied due to initial poor FPS optimization, why don't we all test the new finalized version with supposedly better FPS for all machines.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=789855979&searchtext=

Try it out in single player, explore it a bit for around five minutes. Lava was the main cause of FPS drops last time around.

Post your results here and vote on the poll, let's see if its truly better or still needs better optimization by the creator, who maybe could use these results to further optimize it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

I played around for a little bit, my fps did not reach below 90, near the lava my fps stayed pretty consistent. There were no significant drops in fps as far as I could tell.
    We're definitely in need for more vanilla maps and i think we should give this one a try.

3. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

I mean I have a 1080 and can run bf1 on ultra at 250+ fps so +1 cause I am advanced and dont care about the little guy that cant run stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

this would need to be tested on a fullish server. By just playing in single player, it wont give the same results if it was being played in a full server

5. john redcorn

I actually did not know that @Elvis, thanks. @Dunkel, could your test server potentially try this guy out?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

This is the version i showed @Highwon @wink this is the one denied for fps lag, the one carned linked was the one removed.

Edit - seems this map is all over the place, the one i linked seems to be gone as well, but looks very similar to the one i showed highwon, (the denied one) so lets see how this ends up.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The one in OP is the most up-to-date one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. john redcorn

Yeah, as @Carned said @Vector this version (I think) was released post testing and denial.

9. Stylarr

Stylarr Regular Member

I don't know if you take suggestions but you have to rework that lighting on lamps.