Rejected Mark Those Who have Tested as Innocent

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by jonnyallen3, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So the tester on Nuclear gave me an idea.. For the maps that have T testers, make it to where whoever tests is automatically marked green on the scoreboard, and highlighted as an innocent, similar to how a Detective is always marked as such.

This would encourage more testing and make matches go a bit faster.

• Disagree x 10
    • Creative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. +1

Like one in nuclear facility.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

That would be incredibly hard to implement, no? Could be wrong,but seems real difficult for not a huge reward. Reckon it comes down to the map creator in terms of proven 'traits' for lack of a better word.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

Imo this would put the traitors at a huge disadvantage. Paying attention and keeping track of who is/isn't proven is part of the fun. I think if any innocent could just test and automatically be marked as proven on the scoreboard this would take away a core element of the game. -1

• Agree Agree x 17
  5. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Wouldn't this be extremely overpowered both for innos and Ts as it would make it so you don't even need to be near the tester since it would just mark it for you and give the Ts info on who is proven making it easier to know who to go after first. And it takes away any risk of being near the tester since you don't have to with this idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

there needs to be more tests on maps with testers before this could be implemented, the problem simply is that different maps might act completely differently and cause issues with game balance, which already has enough issues atm.

7. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

This doesn't make sense to implement. Going to be a firm no from me.

This means that you could rush to the tester, test yourself, and suddenly you're innocent on the board. Even if no one was there to witness! Testing is already somewhat powerful, but it adds an interesting element to the game. Innos are forced to coordinate to successfully test, and a T could use it as a trap to kill people (bomb, etc.). Implementing a feature like this makes the appeal for a traitor even lower since players won't group up near testers.

Also - this adds an entirely new set of rule considerations. If someone were to get marked as innocent do they afford the same ruleset as a detective and can do no traitorous acts (aside from attacking someone)? Everyone knows for a fact they're innocent. It doesn't make sense. The current implementation works, let's leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Only way I could agree with this if there was some easy way for traitors to mess with it, just so it's never a "100% proven" scenario

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1 op af

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

TTT is all about communication!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

-1 for reasons mentioned above.

14. A Slightly Ferocious Cat

A Slightly Ferocious Cat i guess you could say i like cats VIP

Nah, this would take 90% of the fun out of TTT. There is meant to be a level of skill had when playing the game, and this would make it way to easy for players. There would need to be unnecessary changes in the rules when we're all accustomed to the ones that already exist.

It's not worth it to me. -1

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  15. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

Although it would make life easier for innocents, the point of TTT is communicating, paying attention and applying discretion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Confusing Confusing x 4
  17. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Honestly as much as - this is getting, I really wish this was atleast tested on maps like innomotel (and to be frank with little changed proven rules) where tester result can be manipulated with. I love the idea of 2 Traitors using tester together to be "proven" mechanic in innmotel but it really isnt worth going for since testing means 0. Also it would mean Ts have to do something instead of just using Deathstation in the T room and going for solopicks in random areas of map and then running back into T room.
    Overall it would encourage people actually playing around testers even regulars who always refuse to test (which seems pretty funny since im pretty sure some of the downvoters are some of the people who always refuse to test but then argue TTT is about communicating and teamplay). Likewise it encourages innocents actually playing together, half of the regulars are just running around the map alone hoping to catch a T shooting another loner with no care for teamplay to begin with.

We already have this mechanic halfly in atomic and it hasnt been a problem.
    Or you can just buy detective, be innocent on the board, have choice of armor/health station, possible safe rooms, DNA scanner or radar.
    I really do not understand this argument, assuming this goes live on modded like half of the server usually has donator rank and can buy det cheaply every single round no matter what to begin with.

I do assume this has like 0.01% chance of going through especially since testers can be broken preround so 1/2 time there even is no chance to even play around tester mechanic, but I think it would had been a neat idea to atleast try out on certain maps like innomotel(not all of em).

18. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Like the others mentioned, this goes against the very concept of TTT. Not going to happen, in afraid.

Thanks for suggesting.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.