MapVote Elimination

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by STONEY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

So for a while I've been getting frustrated when 2 maps have the popular amount of votes and others have a few votes on them and more than usual the 2 maps with the most votes could weigh equal and more balanced if the stragglers on the other maps were moved to the more popular voted as the timer runs down.

So I came up with an idea of over time and the closer we get to the countdown reaching 0, the maps with no votes start to gray out and can no longer be chosen and then the ones with few amount of votes get grayed out and those players votes reset and they would have to choose the remaining maps that are left which would be the ones with the most popular amount of votes.

TL;DR: Force the people who stay on voted maps with the least amount of votes to move to the voted maps with the most amount of votes to get the entire server to decide between the 2 maps most voted on. Rather than have votes being wasted on maps that will 100% not get won over with votes.

Thanks to @Jabba the Slut for explaining somewhat better:

• Imagine there's Dolls and Motel, just examples, and they're evenly match with 10 votes each.
    • You have four or so other maps with 2 votes each.
    • All the other maps have no votes.
    As the times goes the maps with no votes on them become locked, then the ones with the least votes start graying out too, forcing the people who were selecting those to contribute their vote to one of the maps that are realistically going to be chosen.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. How would this affect the length of time it takes for the map to be voted?

Personally, I think choosing another map takes long enough as is. If this would increase the amount of time, that's gonna be a big fat -1

3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I think you're not reading the suggestion right, it's not about altering map voting time.
    • Imagine there's Dolls and Motel, just examples, and they're evenly match with 10 votes each.
    • You have four or so other maps with 2 votes each.
    • All the other maps have no votes.
    As the times goes the maps with no votes on them become locked, then the ones with the least votes start graying out too, forcing the people who were selecting those to contribute their vote to one of the maps that are realistically going to be chosen.

It's an interesting concept, might cause frustration with maps like motel, dolls, 67th always ending up as the only vote-able maps. I'll go neutral.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

This entirely:

5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Nah im not down for that tbh i often change my mind halfway through the map vote. Theres always people in chat or vc saying choose this map or this one which sways what i want to play.

6. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

7. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

I kinda like this idea, however I think it might cause overplayed maps t0 become chosen even more often than before. Still, +1

8. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

I have seen a map like dolls have a lot of votes and then change quickly to motel before. I am neutral on this.

9. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

nah i've seen a complete change before where 13 people who voted dolls went to innomotel with 3 votes

10. -1