Mango Abusing

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Anon, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Our logs don't, but maybe Highwon or Sir Lemoncakes will be able to look into that.

Also, it was pretty simple. I called KOS on a living traitor; living because he responded in VON. I killed him, ID'd his body, start walking upstairs from the basement, am met by you, and shot to death.

2. Anon

Anon Banned

Doesn't matter, could have lied. I had all the right to kill you.
    Unless the KOS came from a Dead T, I will follow it. I should have been protected by the rules.

3. Preacher

Preacher Member

Not to jump in on someones "side" here. But specifically playing with Sir Lemoncakes the other day I was a (Proven) Terrorist, proven by Sir Lemon himself. And he proceeded to plug me full of rounds after I accidentally missed one un-ided body. Of course I didnt open a RDM on it, but I queried him about it after the round. He said, "proven doesnt really mean anything if we see you doing something suspicious, you walked past un-id, I shot you." Even though I was proven by him, and he wanted me to have his back. To me, this would apply here. Just my two cents. And since I am not a mod/admin/owner. I will back down, however I havent seen this admin abusing his power before.

Does the word "proven" actually hold any power?

4. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

It was always my opinion that if you're on a KOS, it doesn't matter if you're proven.

a) not everyone will hear / know / trust who says you're proven

b) if he was not there to witness you kill the traitor, then he has a right (IMO) to shoot you as there is a KOS on you

Ts call KOS on innocents all the time (and so do other innos -.-). I do not think MangoTangos slays, based on what I have from the story (which is not the entire story so take my word with a grain of salt) were justified.

5. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Mango Tango was not right to issue the two slays as he had been called out. The fact that he was proven is irrelevant to this situation as a kos had been called. In this situation blame always has to fall to the koser, and considering that he was a T, this can be chalked up to a T killing Mango Tango.

6. Magafe

Magafe Banned

I know i'm not suppose to comment but a Traitor that he killed kos'd him. So when that traitor died the kos was gone since mango killed him. I think that Anon was just trying to get some free kills and get away with it but didn't.

7. DocFox

The way that it went down was I saw a traitor, Davis, kill a detective. I then call a kos on him to which he gives a verbal reply to saying, "Why? No, KOS Mango!" Ant and Anon, then follow the KOS on me, with Ant repeating it first. If I were calling out a living T buddies, that would be the same as ghosting. I eventually kill Davis and I ID Davis, a traitor, and am explaining it to everyone that's alive and Anon walks up 14 seconds later for a free kill. His reason; there was a KOS on you. If he would have paid attention to his player roster and used a little logic, instead of looking to kill me because he was already upset for an earlier slay I issued for RDM and gags for harassment, he would have seen that I called out a live traitor and killed him, IDing his body.

There is no reason I should be punished, in-game, for a player hearing a KOS on me and putting blinders on to what happens between then and the time I killed a traitor, to hunt me down and kill me.

I would have understood if I had done something traitorous, after that, like walk over an unID or such, but 14 seconds after seeing someone killing a once live traitor that they called out is plenty of time to realize that a player is pretty much proven; like I said, calling out a T Buddy is ghosting.

I would understand that if he saw me shooting Davis and killed me for that, it's kind of like how we can't slay because of the traitorous act thing. But a whole 14 seconds is more than enough time for someone to realize that someone killed a traitor who was alive during the first KOS; living status confirmed by VON.

8. The way it's supposed to happen, is if someone calls a KOS on someone, like Mango did Davis, you kill THAT person first NO questions. Then, if they are innocent, kill the KOSer. Not the other way around. If Mango and Davis both KOS'd eachother, I could understand killing them both, but not AFTER Mango killed the KOS'd Davis, and he was a T. Because, obviously, if Davis is a T, he's not calling KOS on his T buddy.

That's common sense. I agree with Mango Tango.

9. Magafe

Magafe Banned

AGREED

10. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

I agree, Mango Tango should not have been killed. but you cannot assume that all players are paying attention to the events of the game. Last thing they remember is hearing a KOS on a player, so they kill the player. This is absolutely infuriating, but not slayable.

11. Shades

Shades VIP

-In the future do not slay for this in the case that you were called a kos on Possibly the person didn't hear it called off or wasn't paying attention

It's really not slayable because if there's a kos sometimes they go by that instead of hearing the 50 I'm provens because of liars. I often say I'm proven as a T and get away with it so please don't slay. But he should not of killed you and should've payed attention to the game.

12. DocFox

I see where you're coming from, hut I clearly stated over the mic that I killed Davis and Anon replies with, "No, KOS Mango" and then, right as I'm telling him that I called the KOS on him, Anon mows me and Tuczeks down. I feel that it was intentional because Anon said, No KOS Mango, even after I killed the original traitor KOSer. I understand that Anon was upset about being slain and gagged earlier by me and I think he just tried to take it as an opportunity for revenge.

13. DocFox

What is it called when someone kills someone they're not supposed to, exactly?

14. DocFox

I personally would like a response from a fellow staff member who was actually there for the event who saw the situation.

Like I said, it's not like I spammed, "I'm proven" over the mic. I simply stated that I killed Davis and he was a traitor, to which Anon said, "No, KOS Mango" and mowed me down. I would've understood if he shot and killed me right when I killed the traitor and I would have understood if Davis was an RDMing innocent, but he wasn't.

I'm also going to add a link to a similar situation which was considered RDM, because a player was not paying attention that a person killed a traitor.
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3157&start=20

Finally, if this was an event that occurred between two normal players, seeing as it could have been accidental, most staff would have left it up to the person who was killed if they would want the other person slain or not.

15. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

That seems like a false KoS. If he had the info to go "No, KOS Mango!" he should have seen you killed a traitor - the guy who KOS'd you. But 13 seconds late he attacks you then mows Tuczeks down because, I'm assuming he decided "guilt by associating, he wasn't killing you so I'll just kill him".

He clearly deserved a slay for RDM'ing Tuczeks, and sounds like the view could have been different if you were actually there.

Let me reference you to this clause: "Punishments are subject to change under an admin's discretion."

In this scenario, if it went how I"m imagining it, I would have slain for two rounds to get the message across.

16. DocFox

The only reason it was two rounds for him is that it was his second offense of RDM.

17. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

So wait.. after all this.. he was slain for

^ That? But not for killing you.

18. DocFox

He was slain for both. I understand that it sometimes won't pop up, buthe did RDM, in my eyes.

19. That's agreeable.

20. DocFox

The guy even heard that I had killed Davis and replied with, "No, KOS Mango" just prior to killing me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.