Making this cause fuck life

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Elvis, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

i7 6700k
    16 gb ram
    Gtx 950
    Asus B150I PRO GAMING/WIFI/AURA Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
    EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
    A decent fan cooler
    2 tb hdd
    Tower and dvd/cd up to you

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I'll make sure to check those parts out in a few! Thank you Dr for the help.

Dr? Tf? Fr**

3. ridge

ridge VIP

No problem, please update as your build goes along, I love seeing peoples builds :)

4. Elvis

Well sadly, as good as the build is, @Ronnie 's build is a bit more expensive than what im looking for. :( love you tho

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8Z36yf

I managed to get the build down to just under 800, and thats without an OS. Im hoping to not have to pay for the 100 bucks that it costs, by going to kinguin or someplace, but I dont have another computer to download on to make the bootable iso flashdrive. ITs gonna be a pain to deal with, but ill deal with it when I get there. I managed to lower the price by alot by just not getting a curved monitor. 79 vs 149. All for a little 2 inch dip xD. I am also going to be getting another desk and another chair cause CSGO broke my desk and the chair I had before wasnt comfy

5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

never
    ever
    cheap out on the psu
    EVER.

Also, excluding the keyboard, monitor, etc, what would be your budget?

6. Elvis

I didnt cheap out. The build in total only comes to about 250 watts, and I believe 400 is okay.

On the current build, it comes out to be 644.11 without the keyboard and monitor (holy fuck das cheap). The most id do for the computer itself is probably 750. Anything above that would just be overkill for me. With that in mind, I still would like the entire build to be as far away from 1000 as I can get, with the price including a monitor and keyboard, cause you know, kinda need those.

7. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

well it does look really cheap and generic but ok

8. Elvis

I have to go with really cheap and generic. Money isnt just gonna rain from the sky broski

9. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Matchmaking can do things to people.

10. Elvis

Funny thing, I wasnt even playing MatchMaking. I was playing KZ.

There was this one map. One, map. KZ_Colors... This map will forever haunt me....

For months.. Yes.... I said months, I had been battling this map. Every time it would come on, I would try so hard, and get a little bit further each time, slowly inching my way to my goal. Little did I know what had yet to come. On the day of.... On the day of the death..... Of my desk... It all happened..... I got up one night after not being able to sleep, and went to play KZ. I had been having so much fun, challenging players, winning some, losing most, and then it came. The map vote happened and I saw that KZ_Colors was in the list. I had cried deeply to the chat screaming "YYESSSS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMA FINISH ITIIIIIITITITITIT" as I saw the votes for the map rise. We get in the map, and as usually I start playing. "This time, Elvis. This time, you are going to kick this maps ass". Some-odd 38 minutes in, I had turned a corner and saw the end button. I was so happy. It was just on the other side of one jump. One jump, between me and glory. Now, I should go ahead and say this now, I am not the best at KZ. I can do a 240 but I have to bhop at a 250. "How long was the jump in front of you, oh mighty Elvis?" You might ask me. I say to all those who ask "It was long enough to kill me. A full 400 unit jump, just between me and my destiny." It was so beautiful. I try once, didnt even make it close. Another, same result. "Oh damn gonna have to bhop this one hardcore lets goo bois". I had people spectating me, 4-5 people, I wasnt counting. They were all cheering me on, and after 10-15 jumps, it was like that scene from DJ Khaled, "Another one. Another one. Another one." Time and time again I had tried this jump, it was beginning to feel like I will never do it. Literally 30 minutes+ have passed so far and I am still on this one jump. I was beginning to just jump instinctively without putting any thought into what I was doing. Gaining so much rage and hatred for the game. Then it happened. I need to explain something before I tell you what happened. For those of you who dont know what/how KZ is/works, KZ is a gamemode where you climb shit. You have a teleport option. You can press 1 to mark that location and 2 to teleport. As I was jumping I was just constantly pressing 2 to teleport back, without much thought into it. Back to what happened. Then it happened. I had made the jump. I was thinking "HOLY SHIT I ACTUALLY FUCKING DID IT DUDE DUDEFHDSOKNOVHDFAOHG" And I was freaking out in chat screaming over my mic having so much fun with the other players. Little did I know, I had not yet pressed the end button. I was bhopping around, and I had messed up a bhop which forced me back into the hole. I had pressed 2, which brought me back to my old checkpoint on the other side of the jump. As soon as I hit 2, I knew what I had done. Everyone spectating me were freaking out saying "HAHAHA WHAT A FUCKUP AHAHHHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA". I was freaking out trying my hardest not to destroy everything in my room. I held all my rage in, but a little tiny air pocket popped inside of me when someone said "Well, you can always spend another 30ish minutes doing the jump". I cracked. I hit my desk with one hard blow, causing the legs to buckle underneath it. I had known what I did as soon as it happened. I had killed my desk. I had called my friend over to help me move it out of my house. He saw the damage I had done, the monster I had become. He saw the hole I left with my fist, and the legs of the victim I broke, sitting beside me. Luckily, nothing else was broken. Just, my lovely desk. If you are actually still reading I applaud you, cause thats a pretty boring story thats long AF when I could have easily said "YEah I was playin KZ and I was on a jump for so long but then I finally got the jump down but then I fell back in the hole and then i broke my desk and then my friend came over and he saw the monster I became", but it just wouldnt have been as beautiful.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Elvis

@anyonewhocananswerthis

So, In pcpartpicker, there is a compatibility issue warning thingy that is saying that my mobo will need a bios update before being able to work with kaby-lake CPUs. I am going to need a CPU to do any processing, and sadly, the bios update is considered processing.

So, my question is, do I just say fuck all and buy the 15 dollar cheaper, but 8-12% less performance-y, i5-6600?

Or do I buy the i5-7700, but hope that the nearest computer shop will be able to flash the bios?

Both CPU's will run most, if not all, of the games that I am looking forward to play at a fairly decent FPS, according to YT reviews. Also assuming that they were recording with that same PC, means I will be getting slightly better results than the videos, but nothing better than like 20 FPS difference.

It ultamitally comes down to if I actually want the hassle of flashing the bios

12. Elvis

@anyonewhocananswerthis

Also, what the fuck is the difference between the MSI GTX 1050ti 4G OC

And the MSI GTX 1050ti 4GT OC???

The GT version is alot bigger, taking up an entire fans worth of space, but thats the only thing I can see that makes it different.

If that IS the only difference, would it be wise to go with the GT version and get that extra cooling or does it really not matter?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  13. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Not quite sure what mobo you have, but a lot of them have an option to flash the bios with a button on the back of the MB/key combo on boot in combination with the update on a usb.

14. Elvis

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Elvis841/saved/m63gsY

So for only 100 dollars more, and a change in case and psu, im going with the RX 480 8GB version.

NVM i am going to go with a 1060 3GB. Turns out, for less price than the 480, you get slightly more performance. So, yay. I guess.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  15. Elvis

I have about 80 bucks to splurge on an SSD, and I might as well since I understand the benefits of getting one.

My MOBO supports M.2 M, or M.2 B+M. I honestly dont know the difference, but meh.

I honestly dont know about the size, but from what I was able to see on pcpartpicker, I think the most ima be able to go is 128 GB. The most ill be storing on it tho is my OS and all its files, as well as the start up processes like Steam (the application, not the games), Discord, TS, ETC.. Shit like that.

Anyone know of any good ones I should look into?

16. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

17. Elvis

18. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Do you want an M.2 SSD or a SATA SSD? You can get a much larger SATA SSD at the $80 pricepoint but proper M.2 SSDs offer nearly triple the performance a SATA SSD offers.

19. Elvis

I was gonna go with an M.2 SSD since I more than likely wont be able to afford a really large SSD to store games and shit like that, so I was prolly gonna go with a 60-70 GB M.2 SSD to store the OS as well as the startup processes. Here and there like Chrome may be added, which is why I dont want to go too low on the size.

Other than the OS and the startup processes id use (Steam, Discord, TS, ETC..), what else do you think i'd need on the SSD? Depending on your answer I might go with a SATA, if not, then prolly a lower sized M.2.

20. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Unfortunately I can't find much information (if at all) on whether or not that board will support proper M.2 PCIe SSDs (the ones that offer triple the speed of a SATA SSD). The only compatible M.2 SSDs I could find for that board are SATA ones with normal SATA transfer rates. It's also only a PCIe Gen2 slot which doesn't help.

That being said, I would recommend just getting a M.2 SSD that is compatible, it's still faster than a HDD by a very good margin (and very noticeable). The reason I say M.2 is because of the convenience factor, you just have to install it on the mobo and you don't have to worry about mounting a SSD in your case along with your HDD. Your case only supports two 3.5" drives or three 2.5" drives, sharing one of the slots with the 2.5". Given you have little room to work with, going M.2 just seems to be the way to go.

I would recommend this M.2 SATA drive: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01IAGSDJ0/ref=twister_B01LX3VDXT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have the 2.5" form factor equivalent of that drive (in fact, I have 12 of them.. all unused..) and would highly recommend it.