Making this cause fuck life

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Elvis, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

My laptop ate shot again FOR THE EXACT SAME REASON AS BEFORE LIKE 3 FUCKING TIMES NOW "no bootable devices" HELP ME GOD IMA HAVE A HEART ATTACK. So now I'm on me phone.

Anywho. I am going to build a custom pc. Tired of ducking with this laptop.

I know I am wanting an i7 and maybe even a 970, but I don't know. Anyone that can give recommendations towards a build will be great. I also need a monitor and shot. Danke to all who help.

2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I know nothing about computers, however I do feel your pain when it comes to laptops.

Rip

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

ok

4. Elvis

I am not wanting anything balls to the wall. Just something relatively cheap that I can game most games on.

5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

What's your price cap?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Elvis

1k max but I am reeeeaaalllyyy not wanting to go that high.

7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Have you checked your BIOS setting and made sure it's set to boot from the drive your OS is on? If that's good then try and fix your MBR, that might be the cause.

I had this same thing happen to me a few months ago and it turned out that my BIOS boot settings had gotten switched around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Elvis

Yeah I looked through all that. My bios isnt even detecting the HDD at all. Its weird af.

10. Elvis

@PanzerShrimp https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WMZVbj

See if you can get that down to 800 please, and if you can go lower than that without severely impacting performance then I will love you babe. I know I dont need a 4770, but I am wanting something decent.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  11. Hmm. Drive may have died, or come loose.

Anyway good luck in your build. I'm going to be in the market to upgrade in a few months myself. 3570k is getting a bit long in the tooth for some games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Might need to check your connection between the HDD and mobo.

13. Elvis

I already opened everything up and checked all the connections. I even tried plugging in a separate HDD that had an OS on it to see if it was the HDD, but it still didnt detect it. I dont know what the shops did to "fix" my problem, but whatever I was able to do didnt. The cord itself might be bad, but hell idk. I am just so tired of laptops dude.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

If there is no bootable devices that means that either:
    a) Your HDD is dying, and needs to be replaced
    b) Your mobo/HDD connection is fucked

One or the other.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Elvis

Yea, I know. Ive had this happen 3 times now xDD

16. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Then replace the HDD

easy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. ridge

ridge VIP

Hey man, awesome that you're gonna be building your own PC. Definitely one of the best decisions I have made (gaming wise)

Reddit is a great place to look for help, when I was picking my parts, all the way to the actual build they helped me out a great amount.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme - You can give them your budget & tell them what you will be using it for, and they will give you a good build for whatever you need. They use pcpartpicker, which shows you the best deals from trusted retailers
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc - When you got your part list ready, you can post here for help or whatever, and they will give you even more feedback on your build. (There was a small problem I had when I was building, and they helped me a lot)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales - Other redditors selling their parts, perhaps you can get a better price for a part in your build

• Like Like x 3
  18. Elvis

Thanks for this!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

oh shit sorry I didn't see this sooner. if you still need help with a build I can make you a list~

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Elvis

I am hoping to go with the list I made,just at a much much much cheaper price. If you can get the list price down to like 800 while keeping all the additional stuff (keyboard/monitor) then that would be incredible.