Making custom Traiter Radio commands via F1 Bind menu

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Acnologia, Feb 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Almost all of us have binded the traitor radio command to a button on our keyboard or mouse saying
    Code:
    [name] is a Traitor!
    What I say is that we can/should be able to make a custom bind via the binds menu in F1 menu
    Like, for example, I'd love to say
    Code:
    KOS [name], they are a traitor and need to be killed on sight.
    Easily observable, seeing as it's longer than the usual KOS.

Otherwise we'd be stuck seeing spammed callouts which usually involve two sentences like
    Code:
    [name] is a Traitor!
    ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 KOS THIS SHITHEAD ╾━╤デ╦︻
    [name] is a Traitor!
    [name] is a Traitor!
    [name] is a Traitor!
    [name] is a Traitor!

See what I mean?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

+10

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

So you mean basically just making it easier than what you normally would do through the console for your custom binds?

4. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

I think what Acnologia is trying to say is to make a custom bind that allows you to make custom koses in a single sentences rather than the usual kos bind + custom sentence that follows after it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

My personal's design philosophy is that consistency is very vital and it should be right thing to make sure everything is streamlined.

To prove that concept is actually feasible and to put matters into perspective, visualize yourself in a empty space. In that empty space, there are 8 person in it. 3 of them been told to wear a green colored item(it can be a shirt, hat, rings, etc).
    They are not told to wear what items specifically.
    You come in a stranger and you were instructed to identify these 3 person.
    It is almost impossible for you to identify these 3 targets in a glance since you were not given much context but rather a very vague description(that they are wearing a green object).

To turn things around, if these 3 person were to wear a similar wearables and you were told that these 3 targets will be wearing a green hoodie. It would be overwhemling easier for anyone to effectively and identify the targets promptly because their expectations were set in details. Almost instantaneoulsy I would say.

In this case, it would be much easier for moderators and players to correctly identify the KOSes from chats or consoles if all koses had very similar pattern.
    Pattern can be stale, but they are iconic and easily recognizable in a glance.

Hopefully what I said make sense.

6. Acnologia

^Yes, that.
    Half the players don't read chat. The ones that do usually read everything in detail so no harm in adding this :)

7. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Whether players read or not read the chat, the idea is ensure that players can read KOSes in a glimpse.
    The cons are simply not visible but it's there.

Catching attention is a separated topic that we're discussing on internally. Hopefully it could improve on the significance of koses in chat since it's part of the core gameplay.

8. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

I would much rather be able to quickly skim over "Player is a traitor!" than have to go over several custom messages that have to be understood individually, not to mention the possibility of vague messages causing confusion for all involved, especially staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

To be honest, I don't like seeing these spam "KOS THIS DICKHEAD HE'S A TRAITOR"

Is there something I'm missing?

10. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

People notice spam, that's the gist of it.

• Old Old x 1
  11. Acnologia