Make the top of the Nether a PVP an accessible, PVP-safe area

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Would you want the Nether top to become a building zone like in this thread?

1. Yes

15.4%
  2. No

84.6%
  3. Yes, if Modified

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I typod on the title, but no, it's not. Its about making the top of the nether a buildable area

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Juice Juice™

Except if we instated it, it wouldn't be against the rules, a shit ton of people don't want to touch creative, like myself, and those people will probably vote anyways, the gold farms don't require the top of the nether to build and dont actually do that much to make money compared to a number of other ways, and in creative you not only have a much smaller community, but an almost completely different community than the survival world.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Except this already exists. It's called creative.
    And the main argument for this, which I agreed, is that creative is blocked for some players. I think the solution is much easier than dumping resources into coding a whole new area.

1) It destroys the incentive for people to vote to access creative.
    2) Gold farms is an issue that would have to be addressed, when there already is a creative world available causing an unnecessary concern.
    3) Nether mushrooms as you mentioned- although still a minor concern, is still a concern that would added that is unnecessary currently.

No, but survival does. You can use claims to protect your area, and PvP is not allowed during the day.

I enforced this yesterday effectively. It's not good precedence to make something legal, because people break it anyways.

I'm sorry, but I just can't get behind this. It seems like it's adding unnecessary work to devs for a bunch of things that are already available on the server.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Why would people not want to touch creative? There's no PvP, unlimited resources, claimable land, no issues with farms, the economy, rule breaking, water and you can show off whatever you want

Want to get your own materials? Build it in survival in the overworld

Your argument is making less and less sense. I'm sorry, but this won't happen

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Juice Juice™

1. If people are voting only because of creative, then maybe we should think of better ways to improve the server. I have not and will not touch creative with the sole exception of testing out redstone devices, and I can just go into solo to do that, but I vote almost every day.
    2. Gold farms aren't an issue that is soley related to the top of the nether. My group is already building one in the normal part of the nether, and they might have finished.
    3. nether mushrooms really aren't a deal when you can get a stack in minutes through bonemeal (an infinite supply available with all the mob farms) and a dark room

Yes, but people still love the top of the nether, it has ZERO impact on the pvp going-ons on the server (especially considering daylight bar) and

You only enforced it because my group was working closely with the mods, and we told you what we where doing. You would have had no idea, likely for weeks, if we hadn't worked so closely, and probably wouldn't have even started discussions to reach the verdict that you had until we finally were discovered.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Juice Juice™

It won't happen only because people who don't have any use for it will keep bashing it out of existence, while people that really do want it won't have much of a voice. People like me don't like creative because there is no challenge. Everything, literally everything, is accessible with the click of a button

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Juice Juice™

8. Python~

If you want a challenge, build it in the overworld

"But overworld doesnt have flat ground" :rage::rage::rage:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Juice Juice™

*Facepalm* Yes, because trying to give people what they want is just a terrible idea. We should just throw out every idea that you don't personally have any use for

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Juice Juice™

If this is something we can easily instate, why shouldn't we do it?

11. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

We have a creative server server for a reason... Mojang made bedrock on the roof so people can't get on top. People would use it as a way to be 100% safe while building even though it's a PVP server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Python~

Because 1. it's pointless and 2. can cause problems

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Honestly man it's not even worth getting the Devs involved, the top of the nether is still off limits to what we know. You have everything you're asking in this thread, flat land (in the overworld), supplies, survival aspect, ability to build whatever you want and be creative. Besides the permission to have no PvP and access the top of the nether. But even that we have, which is 75% of the time in the overworld where PvP is turned off for 30 minutes, then 10 short minutes of PvP.

I'd talk more about other aspects of your suggestion but there's literally nothing else worth talking about without sounding like a broken record. This thing is going down like the titanic :ROFLMAO:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Harry Potter

You don't always get what you want I mean look at Donald Trump

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Juice Juice™

And yet still the only argument I hear is "We shouldn't because we shouldn't". Yes, we should just ignore something that people have been utilizing since the nether is created just because. I have addressed every "Problem" and there is practically nothing that would actually be a problem. Yes, we have creative, but why ignore an opportunity for server expansion just because something vaguely similar is already in place?

And @Harry Potter, at least read the post before commenting on it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  16. Harry Potter

I did thank you

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Python~

[​IMG]

I give up :unsure:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Juice Juice™

Well, if you read it, then why did you post something so redundant? Obviously people would use it to be 100% safe while building, because that is the suggestion offered in the thread.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

As you already know, I'm on the side for allowing players to have access to the nether void. And while I think you've got a creative idea, I don't see it as being necessary, especially now due to the recent PVP day/night cycle changes. Really, all I want to see is a change introduced that allows players to have free range of this area without being told it's against the rules.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Juice Juice™

You never really tried...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.