Make Survival Great Again!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Carned, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Although at first it seems awesome, it completely removes all the challenge from survival to be able to teleport back to your base at any point in time to store items and such and then rtp to go get even more resources and repeat. Its just not survival.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

It completely negates PvP. If they can make a work around sure but until then remove it.

An idea I had was sorta like Purge. Every 2 weeks for 24 hours there are no rules when it comes to PvP and land claiming this way everyone has time to build up gather gear, fight and conquer. Much like what I said earlier about the end being bi-weekly, just make them both separate weekends that way each week we have a goal. Week 1 - First End Dragon Kill. Week 2 - PvP Purge and rotate and rotate and rotate. ya follow???

What do you mean by purge? say you find a great base built by a team want that base that someone else has built, you go in and have to capture it over a few hours obviously the more people in the area in your party the quicker. Whoever holds the base at the end of the purge, owns the claim on it. Or you can simply steal their loot and destroy it with fire, but REMOVE RTP AND HOME SO I CANT JUST TAKE EVERYTHING I WANT AND TELEPORT BACK AND FORTH. K thx

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I don't like PvP.

I don't like factions.

I like to peacefully build stuff.

I don't want someone to come around and just blow up my base or steal all my hard work.
    Some people may argue, "You should find a way to protect your stuff" I shouldn't need to make a 8 wall thick of obsidian, and still that's not even enough.

Purge? Just get one of your clan mates to sethome at their base once you find it.

Capturing a base? Eh, people actually just want to grief someone's base, blow it up with tnt, and just leave it in havoc. This happened to me many times when playing minecraft factions. It's not fun at all. Putting hours of work into a game, then log off because you have a life, or have other things to do, it's not fun at all.

Although, thinking for others, I think we should have another world with factions or something (for those who like factions)

Remove home and rtp so you can't go back to it.

If there's no RTP then where do people go? They live relativity close, because they can't randomly teleport.

So all you would need is a minimap mod, and then set a waypoint, and go back on horse or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr Butters

Play creative... not >SURVIVAL<

We want /home and /rtp removed. So everyone is actually exploring not just tp'ing around to find shit then setting /home.

Currently explosions have no effect on blocks.

Hence its a publicly announced thing that every 2nd weekend is PvP and base raid allowed. So people know when shits going down and that doesnt mean they have to be on all day, they might be just doing shit at home and they can jump on mc make sure there base is safe and log back out.

5. Mr. Disco

I can see how this is not fun for you guys with elite kits.

For me I am just chillin, having my time. @Carned I would love to play like mindcrack. But the people on mindcrack don't go around setting people's bases on fire. They all just want to play the game, create things, and have fun.

They build PvP areas where they say PvP can be done there.

However, what you want is mindcrack, but release people with the mindset of kill all, domination is the way to victory. That just bums me out in my opinion.

It's super super saddening that some people just don't care how long it took for you to make something, and they just care to get pointless amount of diamonds. I've seen people in factions with a full large chest of diamonds. What's the point????? What the fuck. And they just keep killing and killing. It's not fun.

6. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Then please let the world only be 25k by 25 k or at max 50k by 50k if no god, I like the /home so let's at least keep that except it is only to your bed and the bed cannot be broken.

7. Mr. Disco

Play creative?

I like the PvE survival aspect, what the game was originally meant to be. But I also like player interactions, I like to trade with people, or see their stuff.

"Currently explosions have no effects on blocks"

True, but what was being purposed was not what the case.

I played Ark PvE PvP with the weekend being PvP.

I had fun playing around, doing my thing, no PvP. But then comes a guy coming to fuck up my whole build just because why? He wanted my shit? Or he just likes ruining peoples build.

However, doing so was against the rules, which is fine. But it still doesn't make it not happen. And it happens too often.

And what people wouldn't take in their inventory, they would fit in their dinosaur, and what they couldn't fit in that they would just drop so it despawns.

This is absolutely fucking stupid. Player vs player is shit when it comes to this. PvP arenas are fun.

How about we just make a world for PvP people. And one for PvE people.

That way everyone is happy. Because I for sure would be extremely disappointed to see this turn into a fest of people who like to ruin someone's day.

I don't have the motivational power to get back up on my feet and rebuild, especially after someone just decided to delete my base off the game, or drown it in lava.

Minecrack is awesome though. I wish it could be like that. But NO public server can ever be like mindcrack unless there's a way to protect your base. And even still then people will grief the surrounding area. You know what I mean butters & carned. Even though that was funny and all, it's still a dick move.

8. Mr Butters

Or they could just set it up like Rust where you can have multiple beds that you name and you choose where you spawn after death. MEANING you have to die to go back to your base so there is no magic teleport away from anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

The issue is I don't want to have to lose all my exp because I decided to go to spawn tot the market and play spleen or buy some items and sell them, and to have to kill my self in game somehow

10. Mr Butters

That can be negated with like a hearth TP at spawn. Many games have them im sure someone here could manage to make a TP at spawn that opens players beds.

11. Mr. Disco

I wouldn't mind a bed thing like rust. Just minus the pvp

And actually I fully support stuff like no rtp. Reasons stated are good. But no pvp. RtP without PvE only would be horrible

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

It's silly to try and force the players to try and play this like rust though. The small minority of players who have the time to constantly just end up dominating everyone else.
    It more sounds like you guys are basically arguing for factions in regards to base raiding and pvp

Though /rtp should be removed imo and the spawn should be centralized to actually make minecraft about exploring rather than spamming /rtp to find different biomes and get away from your current location. I've only come across a single person that wasn't with my group already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr Butters

We dont mean that, read all the posts. Its to do with the /home system being removed so people have to actually survive in SURVIVAL. But then they made the point of going back to market/spawn, I am sure someone can make a portal there that they can select the base they want to wake up at but it eliminates the free TP to safety. This way you can still tp between your bases but its at the cost of exp cause youll have to die to select your base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Disco

If this is what you want, I support it.

However, removing claims or the ability to protect your base will not be good.

15. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The bottom line between both of you arguing is this.

THEY TRIED TO MAKE BOTH FACTIONS AND SURVIVAL ON ONE WORLD AS A BLEND

IT DIDNT WORK

NOW THEY NEED TWO SEPERATE WORLDS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mr. Disco

Yeah! Two separate worlds is fine.

However, having a completely vanilla world is not going to work. Would be shredded by trolls.

17. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Allow for protection on it, unlimited protection but given out by the staff members on buildings, they have plenty of staff to do so.
    Its a world for survival and building stuff as a group, not raiding.

Or just add a whitelist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mr. Disco

Tbh whitelist would be the only way for that to work. I'd rather like to know that I can protect what I'm working on instead of having to wait for a staff member. ya know?

• Agree Agree x 1