Make Survival Great Again!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Carned, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Everyone who is playing here will understand this suggestion.

Survival mode has been ruined within 12 hours.

• We already have full diamond enchanted armour within 5 mins.
    • SeriousCrates have broken the economy (Both of the above break the EULA as well)
    • /rtp means no one will ever find each other
    • /homes ruin the survival aspect of the game
    • Money economy ruins spawners, mcmmo and everything

My suggestions to improve
    • Make the server 100% survival similar to Mindcrack (see link)
    • Remove Diamond from kits/Remove Kits (honestly we can find other donation things
    • SeriousCrates need a massive reworking or removed from Survival
    • /rtp needs to be removed to promote teamwork between survival players
    • /Homes ruin any threat of death or from getting lost, so remove it.
    • Remove the Market/Money from Survival completely, let players make their own Economy by trading goods with each other.
    Within the time the servers up, the survival element has been fulfilled and everyone has what they need, pvp/base crashing is impossible due to sieges needing to be accepted therefore you'd be stupid to ever accept it as obtaining items is so easy that there is 0 reason to go raiding other than for fun.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

I agree that kits\crates need to be reworked. You shouldn't be able to get a full set of enchanted diamond gear and armor from a kit.

Players really don't need 7 sethomes, that's a bit op and overkill.

I think /rtp is fine but it should have a limited number of uses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Carned

Both sethome and rtp promote isolationism and not working at a community, furthermore /home removes any challenge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

I do feel it's nice if you could use it once per life since it's not just one spawn so you don't need to lose your house each time you die(which did happen to me since I died once before I knew about setting a home)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Carned i agree with you in removing diamond kit
    But i dont think removing shop will be a good idea
    +1

6. Carned

It ruins the economy and player interactions, if you want to trade, go find someone or form a community to establish trading. Much more interactive and fun.

7. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Agree with the Mindcrack format tbh. Removing teleports and stuff encourages people to build things like Nether Hubs and huge railroad tracks which only add more stuff to do. The kits are practically making the server pay2win which is no bueno.

8. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

As it is right now the map is pretty big so what do you do if you don't meet anyone while you play?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Adrian Shephard

But if shop will be removed how we will get villagers?!

10. Carned

Remove or limiting the /home /rtp and /tpa and promoting player interaction forces people to interact and live similarly close

Did not think of this, however if thats the case then this should only be used for unobtainable items.

11. Adrian Shephard

No no pls let /home its will help a lot not when you fidn diamonds and then where is my home ?

12. Carned

Surely that removes the whole survival and danger aspect of the SURVIVAL mode, if you can just TP when you find something, what's the point?

13. Adrian Shephard

Youve got me here nothing to add
    P.S allow minimap mod pls

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. Yatty ☄️

Would something like Factions be a better approach to this then? I get what you are saying and it makes sense, I just don't see many people doing it other than the group of friends that gather up at the start and share one location and resources.

15. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom Banned VIP Silver Emerald

The cords do seem kind of insane but sometimes you do have some luck as Yatty and I kept doing the rtp. We found quite a few people's homes. I thought it was kinda op but I do agree the rtp needs limited uses or a cooldown.

16. Carned

I feel like we've tried to mix factions & survival in together and its ended up badly.

Should focus on one or the other, or have both worlds.

17. Yatty ☄️

I agree that survival and co-op between players should be a thing but I don't think removing features will just magically get people to start working together.

18. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I agree agree with the removal of Kits, and the SERIOUS reworking of the crate system.

However, in regards to the /home command, players often abuse it. I dont say remove it, no. I say, make it to where you are only able to use /home 5 seconds DIRECTLY AFTER you respawn. Any time after that and it wont go through. This will allow players to keep their bases, but at the same time not be able to abuse the command.

It has worked out flawlessly in past communities, so instead of throwing the idea out the window, please at least consider trying it. You never know if it will be better than the current situation.

I do believe that /rtp needs to be removed. You give great points, of which I support.

I dont believe that /market should be removed.

Heres a scenario: You, a player that has been working hard on his base/mancave, want to build one last final thing, a beacon. (I dont know if we have these but just go with it). You dont have the resources to build it right away, so you start looking. You look and look for hours and hours before finally saying "fuck it ima just trade with a player". Guess what? Its just you and a few noobs on the server. So you look for longer, hours have gone by at this point. Sweat on your forehead and you search and search and are silently praying for that one player to join that can help you. *Weird HA HA like achievement haha not laughing haha* A player finally joins! Now, several things can happen here.

1. You send a TP request to him, and he declines it. What a dick right!?

1. You send a TP request to him, and he accepts it!! YAY!
    2. You get to his base/mancave, and you ask him "Hey do you happen to have <name of resource>?"
    3. He says YES!!
    4. "May I trade for it?? I am willing to give up any ores I have, even all my diamonds!!"
    5. He declines. What a dick right!?

1. You send a TP request to him, and he accepts it !! YAY!!
    2. You get to his base/mancave, and you ask him "Hey do you happen to have <whatever the fuck its called you need>?"
    3. He says YES!!
    4. "May I trade for it??? I am willing to give up any ores I have!"
    5. HE ACCEPTS! WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT WHOOO HOOOO YEAH FINALLY

I can think of a couple other ways this can go, but that would entirely be at the fault of the player. You more likely to get options 1 and 2 rather than option 3. If you happen to get option 1 and 2, you have to go all the way back home, (assuming we have the /home command off), and then keep on digging. Digging and digging for hours and hours and hours until more players join! Guess what? The cycle continues again.

If we had the option of a /market warp, this wouldnt be an issue at all! With the /market system, you can sell ores. Which means money. Which means no more worries about not being able to get that one last resource!

19. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1 it is awful that I have to go out and mine all the iron and diamonds and kill mobs to get close to where others started off they got a good free 12 hours on me. I was still mining and barely reached 20 diamonds before butters and pop star came with the 100s of diamonds from the crate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

+1 to rework crates some staff agree as well, as for removing rtp -1 if cooldown on rtp +1 removing /home bigggg -1

• Like Like x 1