Accepted Make SB warning more official

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Half the time I see someone get warned in SB, the warning is missed or misunderstood because the staff involved didn't use clear language, in any sense, or their post blended in with everything else. I.E: Let's Stop this Before it Begins is considered a valid warning, and not only is it easy to miss a colour like that amongst all the other posts that constantly flood through SB during an active time, but grammatically speaking, it's not even applicable to an ongoing issue/argument. It in no way addresses or even recognizes there is an issue going on.

Just have a handful of phrases that can be used to give a warning and highlight them in red. This makes certain that users know that a warning was issued, and it makes it easier to verify a warning was given when other staff get on.

Alternatively, have warnings be given exclusively through chat commands, or OpalBot, to further highlight both the warning, and to make it even easier to check when a warning is given.

Sure, it might seem a little more unfriendly, but if people are causing trouble enough to warrant a warning, then friendly isn't going on, and rather have people suddenly shocked to find themselves with a ban, lets make it actually clear why it is happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Or you can just stop when a staff member asks you to stop. Theres no need for some special color or special message to be said, just like ingame harassment warnings etc dont have to be anything specific.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  3. Juice Juice™

Or you could, you know, read this post and understand why I am requesting this. The entire point is people don't realize they are being warned, or in many cases, asked to stop .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

Well first of all no staff member is going to be using this slightly eye straining color in shoutbox: \

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what warnings will look like soon, both in Shoutbox and Discord, with the launch of Discord and SBridge. Should make it much easier for them to stand out.

(WIP - may not be the exact final look. But this is the general idea)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Juice Juice™

Well, I have seen, but I used the wrong colour for my example. The point was a muted colour that is easy to miss, but no, lets focus on semantics shall we?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

ye, just making a joke. If your example really is an acceptable warning then I didnt even know that. The only problem I see with this is that you cant force staff to use specific wordings on their warning really.

edit nvm opal just shut this down

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

This is great and all, but we need an official launch estimate or date. If we are going to have to deal without this system for more than 2 weeks there should be a temporary solution in place such as using red for formal warnings or admins PMing as already happens for all warning points.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This hasn't been a thing for 4 years. I think you can handle waiting a few more weeks til launch (y)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Juice Juice™

With a stricter handling on SB warnings, I would say it's prudent to also give a temporary measure

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Why don't we just do nothing to warrant a warning until these measures roll out? (y)

14. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.