make sb ban silent

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Adrian Shephard, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

"
    wink:
    yeah idk why noone elects the option to make the SB bans silent, saves half of the drama and allows everyone to cool off tbh"
    pretty much the same reason
    +1

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

+1

3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

there's a way to do it already, I don't know if the current admins know about it; ban through admin CP, not the scroll down menu and it won't make the message appear.

4. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

The problem is the current system is more convenient and time-saving than banning them via admin cp (a spice of life change). Neutral anyways because it's like in-game. People will know whether you banned a person or not since it's publicly displayed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I didn't do anything tho :unsure:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

I mean if you behave you won't ever get in this situation so why would should we spare people that act bad from being judged? If you don't wanna be judged don't be bad and everything will be just fine

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Right to privacy is nice.

What wink said, there's an option (albeit a more hassle one) for it, it's just up to them to do it.

8. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

As much as I think giving privacy is a good thing to players, when someone is talking in chat, everyone in that should have the right to know that the person they were talking to was banned and that is the reason he isn't responding to chat anymore. Admins shouldn't always silently eliminate players' voice and wait for the drama to spread around and then have other players in chat know. The notification is only fair to the people in the chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

yeah, I can see that side of the coin. I only mentioned it in SB earlier since it seemed the situation that went down earlier happened in part to the ban messages being there and people reacting to them, idk it's a good option to have and allows situations to defuse more naturally than the usual LOL HE GOT.BANNED AY

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Imagine it like this:

Little Timmy is in the classroom and he's being super obnoxious. The next day he doesn't come to school, he's been suspended for his obnoxious behavior. Yeah kids will speculate what happened to him but the effect will wear off the next day when Timmy comes back.

Now say for instance that the teacher calls Timmy out and starts yelling at him. Then say the teacher gives him his punishment right then and there. Now the class is worried that maybe they might get into trouble as well. The message is basically "Don't mess with me I wont hesitate to kick you out of class"

Pretty textbook if you ask me. Whether it works or not is up in the air, in a city run by racists.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

The ban notification is not only meant to notify of the action that was taken, but also as a warning to the others that they may end up the same should they refuse to follow our rules.
    People being immature and reacting like this to those messages is their problem and theirs only. There's no other way to put that. Either they stop or they may as well be the name on the next one.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1