make micspam no longer a bannable offense

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by optimal, Oct 6, 2019.

1. thog

thog VIP

im gonna +1 doe

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hell yeah brother

+1

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Just imagine new players coming on the servers and hearing "nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger..." and it be okay.

Not to mention that players use mics to make call outs. So, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage when you mute spammers.

Yeah, that's not how you retain players. -1

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

As opposed to reading it in the chat or hearing it non-repeatedly because it's allowed? Same goes for chat binds, which ARE allowed. Spam rules would still apply normally, even if more leniency was given on the micspam rule.

5. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Strawman argument because nobody claimed they wanted spam to be "okay"; we just don't want it to be a bannable offense. Also, don't you feel silly using a really unfair and extreme example? Wouldn't you say that you are kind of adding some racism in there to make the act of spamming seem worse? Nobody's falling for this biased way of arguing. (And I'm saying this last part to manipulate people into seeming smarter for agreeing with me)

Ah yes, but if we just ban the player, we can hear their KOSes just fine!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

When there are 20+ players on the server it can be a pain to find the person at tab - and you have to do it every time you join the server. And I'd bet that atleast 50% of the playerbase don't know that tab-muting is a thing.

Man you can't complain about exaggerations and then post this...

EDIT:
    I think creative things like Soundboards of your own voice etc shouldn't be forbidden. Just ban the excessive use of the voice chat, no more no less.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

No, I don't feel silly, because this can and probably would happen.

You know what, don't ban people for it. Just get a code written, hound to their steam ID, that after their third time, they get a gag for a day. Still punishable, but you don't get banned for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

i got on earlier and said nigger a few times and then other people joined so

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

Finally someone understands me ;') im so happy

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. optimal

optimal VIP

as an example, I needed health so I played a clip on my soundboard saying "health station" and was kicked for it. don't really think that was necessary.

11. Dani

Yes, but that was a calm robot woman voice saying that. I'd rather hear a nasal American yell "DETECTIVE HEALTH DETECTIVE HEALTH DETECTIVE HEALTH".

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

"you fucking nigger detective give me a health station"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Dani

See, guys? This is proof that we need robot sound boards! We can't have a server with real voices yelling the n-word, but DocFox seems to think that this is okay!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Bruh i don't mic spam

Also theirs a difference between talking sometimes and micspam

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

If your using a soundboard to do something productive to the game like requesting health, it would be silly to punish. Its a creative way for a user to enhance gameplay if they don't have or don't feel like using a microphone. I don't see why it would be punished to begin with?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dani

Yeah, this is something that I, along with most others agreeing to the OP (probably), can get behind.

This is a whole separate issue from the actual topic anyway.
    Primarily, we're complaining about the fact that spam is being punished too harshly.
    But there's also the fact that some staff members seem to lose sight of what spam even is. A guy saying "health station" in a robot woman voice is way less intrusive, annoying, or disruptive than someone saying the same sentence three times in a row or asking pointless questions with his own voice. There's literally nothing bad about using a roboty soundboard if used in this way; it's pretty much the voice equivalent of radio chat commands. Spam is annoying and repetitive. This isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  17. optimal

optimal VIP

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. Dani

On a related note:

"KOS light evolution KOS light evolution KOS light evolution KOS light evolution KOS light evolution KOS light evolution KOS light evolution KOS light evolution "

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. wenk

20. optimal

optimal VIP

i think a better argument is, micspamming while dead is fine. i can understand that it interferes with round-related information.

• Agree Agree x 1