Make Knife Silent on Vanilla

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Dragunova, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Dragunova

Dragunova VIP

Using knife is like announcing to everyone who are even remotley close that you want to die.
    It dosen't have to insta-kill, but im under the impression that it's supposed to be silent.
    Instead it just makes a light-saber sound when you pull it out, marking yourself for death.

My suggestion is to remove the sound from equipping the knife.
    It's still easily visible for people that look at you & bodies that fall down make easily detectable sound for anyone who listens.
    If you think its too op when its silent just increase the ammount of time for DNA to expire from the body after getting stabbed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

3. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

-1 there needs to be a way to know that your about to get fucked in the back

4. Dragunova

Dragunova VIP

There is a way, it's called looking around yourself. + there is a silent pistol that one shoots to the head and makes no noise when you equip it. Knife is not a 1-hit kill.
    If you're moving the possibility of getting knifed is really really low and if you're standing still any gun can kill you in 1 shot without the noise of it being pulled out.

5. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

just make it upgrade like modded lmao

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Ah yes I have eyes on the back of my head. Anyone who uses the knife smartly will go after someone under 50 hp and will do it so they are unable to see it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

8. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

imo, sound + 1-hit > no sound + 2-hit

9. Dragunova

Dragunova VIP

How does that change anything then? If you're already under 50 hp, then sound won't do you any good if he just instantly clicks to kill you.
    Im pretty sure that knife is supposed to be stealthy way of killing someone that isn't paying attention, but it's sound is making it so it's not.
    Harpoon dosen't make any sound either, and it does insta-kill you. It can also be used to kill from further away. (knife technically also can be thrown but thats just stupid).

10. Dragunova

Dragunova VIP

Silent pistol is a silent, reusable, 1 hit to the head gun that makes no noise when you equip it. Why can't we make knife just a tad better, it's quite bad.

11. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

Silent and 1 hit is a mood. +1

12. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Sound comes before knife? You have time to panic as there is a draw for knife. Harpoon has a long draw and it's obvious unlike the knife. Knife throwing isnt important here since it can only be thrown short distances where you can here the knife. So you aren't getting sniped from dolls with a knife. This is about sound, not what the knife is.

13. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

I think this should be default not an upgrade just cause the knife already is almost never used because it's not an insta kill, why would you use a knife over a harpoon or just shooting them so +1

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Have you ever heard of modded?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  15. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I don’t know if it’s just cause I’m practically deaf, but even with a pretty quiet server I still don’t hear the sound of the knife being pulled out most of the time.

16. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

I don't care about the noise. I just want it to be 1 hit on vanilla

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Hold up, we finna actually make them do light-saber noises.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

you ever realize how vanilla is always popped while modded is not?

19. Dragunova

Dragunova VIP

As i said, the sound won't make the diffrence if you're under 50 hp, beacuse the player pulling the knife will have the advantage of surprise, and they will probably be behind you. No time to react. The knife dosen't have draw time so long that you would be able to turn around and do anything if they're smart.
    Also im trying to focus more on full, or above the threshold hp players. Those under 50 hp can be easy double body-shot with silenced pistol (which dosen't have any sound indication, and also can insta-kill you with headshot) ,and most players won't attack someone thats looking thier way if they're trying to achive a silent kill.

20. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

15 people on modded today "HeY gUyS moDDeD iS nEVer PopPed"