Rejected Make Hacking a Permabannable Offense

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Sep 7, 2019.

?

How should we ban Hackers?

1. Perma on first offense

2. Global ban for 1 month, then Perma

3. Global ban for 2+ months, then Perma

4. Global ban 1 month, then 6-8 months, then Perma

5. No Perma unless 3+ offenses

6. Keep it the way it is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Is hacking not a global ban?

2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

only on second+ offenses

3. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

You are making people do more work. Got banned from one server, let them join the other. Let people waste their time to record them and report them. Literally makes no sense whatsoever. I've gotten so many people banned because I keep wasting my time recording them. Maybe I should stop and let them hack, because seems like a waste of my time to not ban them from every server, and its only a month ban.

If you want them go, maybe actually make mods/admins play on the servers. It isn't my obligation to record them, I am a player here. You are the ones that need to administrate this server, but it seems it isn't the case here.

If you want to let these hackers loose, maybe get more admins that actually play on the server.

Are you really that afraid that there will be no players on this server if you start banning everyone permanently?

Just my two cents about this topic. I have never seen a community this disorganized.

While we are on this topic of banning, why not ban people for RDM as well. There are many people that RDM, wait till the map changes and continue to RDM. Why not make the karma stay throughout maps, so you will be on your best behavior.

At least make a system where the next map it would be: [(1,000 - current karma) / 2] and that is later then added to your current karma. For example, you have 600 current karma, the next map, you will have 800 karma.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Thats retarded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

That is only if they get caught by the players, because no admin/mod is on, ever.

6. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

false
    only second IF not requested

7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

That's pretty dramatic. Weird that you say no mod or admin is on when there are staff on right as I write this post. You also mention that you don't want to record and report. Then don't. I mean, there's nothing that says you have to and you have no public reports on hackers.

Since you seem to be pretty new here, there used to be perma banning for second offense. However, since it's easy to create alts on family share or simply different accounts, we would still have the same issue. We would still be banning for alt accounts of permabanned players and there was a huge list.

1st offense is local for the small chance that someone will realize they were caught and turn their shit off. If they hack on another server then they're hit with 8 weeks global instead of 4 weeks.

And if you check the ban list, perma bans still happen for excessive offensives of hacking (5ish+). Making hacking permanent does nothing. It doesn't create more work and it doesn't create less work. Hackers will continue to exist and staff will still have to ban them.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Alright so give me one benefit of not permabanning hackers. I don't see any. I see several benefits for permabanning.
    You say at some point we used to permaban hackers on 2nd offense, so what was the problem with that? Alt accounts?
    If alt accounts exist whether or not we permaban, then what does it matter if it's the 2nd offense or the 8th? Get it over with sooner than later and staff and players won't have to deal with them 6 more times (at least on that account).

9. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Inb4 "some longtime players here used to hack!!"

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Python~

Over 70% of players want a permaban on the 1st or 2nd offense, and less than 7% of people want to keep the hacking ban system the way it is. And that's out of 74 people.
    Clearly the community wants a change, yall just don't wanna listen /shrug

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I'm honestly a bit surprised you guys don't use source bans or something so that bans can be global easily without the hassle on going on every single server to successfully achieve 'global' ban status. (Unless I am missing something? I see no SB page) feels like something most veteran communities and servers have.

I feel from my experiences that nobody who hacks truly wants to comeback to the server that they came on in the first place. So really with that, what's the point in wanting to give them a second chance when they only saw your community as a playground to ruin the game for others?

To say hacking has 'no malicious intent' when hacking always ruins game play for others is such a short sighted philosophy.

(ironic saying this when I was just reported for hacking amirite? xd)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. You know it's bad when the hacker is talking more sense than the staff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

[​IMG]

• Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

why is everyone who plays gmod fuckin stupid

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

alright im mad now and ive figured out why; the majority of the staff team are completely incapable of properly handling hacking bans

how the fuck are you guys so fucking bad at gmod and stupid that you let cases like @Fozzy happen? like honestly, there was no sign of any hacking what-so-ever in whoever's trash ass recording they used as "evidence" and the fact that it looks like 3 mods where involved and they still fucked it up is even more worrisome

the whole sgm staff team needs to stop being dogshit, stupid and hard-headed; if you as a staff member are not confident, in any capacity, to make a hacking ban, fucking dont. you are probably too bad and too stupid to decide and make a correct decision. you all are in that staff bunker on discord, post your evidence and ask for opinions; if your opinion is limited to "idk seems sus" shut the fuck up and dont talk

all hacking bans need to be made with 100% certainty and, since for some reason like 90% of this community is bad at gmod, if you are not good yourself or have little knowledge on how a good player actually moves and aims then dont put out your shit opinions that can lead to false bans that get appealed on Tuesday and dont get handled till Saturday evening

the real reason why sgm cant make 2nd offense perma is not because of "extra workload" it's because their staff team is too fucking dumb and they fuck it up all the time

also @Voca "Your excuse that you have lots of hours, has no matter of importance at all. I myself have more hours on gmod than you and I dont have the same skill that you claim to have at recoil control and bhopping."

it wasnt an excuse, its a reason why he's good at the game. you would think someone who has played a game for multiple-thousands of hours would be good, right? well, in your defense, if we look at you we can see that assumption is wrong because youre not only dogshit at gmod, but you are also stupid

god i hate my own existence

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  16. twystd

twystd New Member

• Harassment
    yo tbh i only made this account to troll the forums i don't even play this shit server but @tz- here makes a godly point lmao

xd voca can't even spell basic words so its no wonder he cant comprehend what actual hacking looks like
    https://prnt.sc/pm1ax9

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. jshore

jshore VIP

my man deserves a standing ovation

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

I agree with tz- but give me one reason why hacking shouldnt be a global ban. It has to be, its fucking hacking.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Python~

Make 1st offense global. They can appeal if they want. Joining any of the servers will show them why they were banned, rather than just one, so they can't claim they weren't aware of the ban if they're banned again.

Make 2nd offense permaban, or several months at the least (6+). Mods can get their admins to global for a few days before the leads ban them, so it doesn't need to be immediate.

Doing it this way will make sure that only hackers will get permabanned, rather than unsuspecting "suspicious" players who are just good at the game, as they can appeal on their first offense.
    It also wouldn't be any weight on leads as they could hop on the server with a list of SteamIDs and ban them all in a few minutes

Someone tell me what is wrong with this method.

20. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Im all for calling out staff incompetence about why hackers are given such leniency but also at the same time I remind people you can say slurs like an entitled white kid so it seems in line with their overall incompetence. Makes me wonder why SGM was still kept alive to begin with if even at the smallest scale staff can't think straight.

Btw some of yall can't tell the difference between 'attempting to resolve' the slur thing when it's been buried 3 months ago somewhat forgotten or using it as an example since it's still a thing. No example is out of date if it's relevant to their incompetence biiiiiiiiiitch.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.