Rejected Make Hacking a Permabannable Offense

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Sep 7, 2019.

?

How should we ban Hackers?

1. Perma on first offense

2. Global ban for 1 month, then Perma

3. Global ban for 2+ months, then Perma

4. Global ban 1 month, then 6-8 months, then Perma

5. No Perma unless 3+ offenses

6. Keep it the way it is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

So I had the pleasure of playing with and reporting over 10 hackers in the last few hours. So needless to say, I'm a little pissed.

I'm just gonna get into the reasons why this suggestion should be made a thing:
    • More likely than not they won't learn that hacking is bad
    • 1 month ban from 1 server is absolutely ridiculous considering the fact most servers permaban on first offense
    • They will just hop to a different server if they can't play on one (hence why most hackers are immediately banned for their 2nd offense right after the first)
    • It takes resources and time to gather evidence and report
    • Hackers don't give a shit
    • Takes pretty much all of the fun out of the game
    • They don't deserve a 2nd chance. Hacking is a conscious effort. There is nothing behind hacking except mal-intent and maybe not enough love from their mommy as a child, but mostly mal-intent.
    • There is literally 0 downside to banning hackers permanently
    The current banning system is outdated and lenient as fuck.

At the VERY least, hacking bans should be globalized for several months on first offense, and there should be no "statute of limitations" for hacking. Nobody should be hacking at all, let alone twice. Fuck your "second chances".

If it makes you happy, we can let them appeal their ban, if you really want. (y)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    • Agree x 13
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Yeah I see servers that do this and there are no hackers all the time. +1

3. Grumble

Grumble VIP

Well shit..... Pigs can fly....

I actually agree with Python on something.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

wheres my thread someone dig my thread up im fucking mad

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. I totally agree. Hackers are hackers. They aren't gonna come back in a month and be like "Alright I'm not gonna hack anymore". And if there is that magical one well, that's what appeals are for, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. why wasn't this a thing from the jump

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  7. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Year long ban is better

8. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don't tell rice and chicken or Dazza.

10. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

Why aren't hackers permabanned in the first place? +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Well, since I was still mod at the time, I feel like I have to comment.
    I personally like SOME leniency. Before the update, hacking bans were notoriously difficult to appeal, and still are. Now, I definitely do like the permanent ban on second offense, but it puts significant strain on the Upper Administration. If this is to be implemented, how about we give a little more leniency in appeals for them instead?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Few things: There's no SoL on Hacking, once you're caught the next offence is nth +1 with all the confetti no matter how long ago.

I'm on the boat of second chances as there are hackers with no malicious intent, just pride and boredom (sure it negatively effects other players but still not malicious). Look around and you'll see plenty of players, and regulars, and even staff with previous hacking bans that you'd struggle to argue haven't contributed more than they've.. 'cost'? But yeah, banning the guys you reported the other day I checked to find 4 other hacking offences across numerous alts, doubtless with a few I missed; I really spent way too long tryna work out the ban length for people who honestly couldn't give less of a shit and it was gonna be over 32w anyway.

It's not much of an extra strain to take 2 extra clicks to check who needs a G&E when hopping on to staff anyway, with the only issue being the expectation of it to be a quick thing when there are fewer admins and so fewer hours per week where an admin will be in-game to ban. Same goes for making first bans global and such, they're still gonna be able to hop to a different server until an admin can yeet em which could be a while, particularly in EU daytime. Same but like x10 for Leads dishing out permas but a 32w gban tides it over more than enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

My head hurts from reading this. How is it possible to even try arguing that someone that deliberately goes out of their way to ruin the gameplay for others isnt malicious. How can you possibly say that a cheater that downloads cheats so they can cheat, isnt doing so while acknowledging that what they are doing is wrong and hurting everyones gameplay. I find this cheater defending shit completely ridiculous when its one of our only offences that you cant explain with ignorance of the rules or some other obscure thing, like you technically could with something like RDM and toxicity

I would gladly like to hear example of these people, because quite frankly I cant come up with a single one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

okay guys i have a solution

why not just perma ban after 3rd offense so they still get a 2nd chance
    ezpz we're done here lock the thread boys

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Hackers with no malicious intent? Im sure you would still be mad if a robber with no malicious intent broke into your house and stole your stuff. I mean come on, a hacker that has their hacks on is clearly trying to have fun at other peoples expense. A thief steals knowing its wrong, a hacker hacks knowing its wrong. The intent doesnt make a difference. And if I find out that this "no malicious intent" stance is circulating the staff team because Rice and Chicken (hacker insignificant) boosted all of your asses in R6, Im gonna blast the servers with lewd furry sprays.

Edit: And thats a credible threat, dont mark me dumb because you will be dumb (Vent Xekart)

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Lordyhgm

Making your own, playing around with the fov, see what you can do and what others can do, script kiddies hopping around mass rdming aren't gonna change, they'll just make an alt get banned and repeat, but someone who's bored might quit it. It's like saying everyone who ghosts is Always malicious, they took the conscious action potentially ruining players rounds. It's not black and white and it's certainly not just black as you seem to be saying. And secondly, I ain't defending it at all, fuck em, I see no reason for it to be a local ban, but give em a chance to show they're willing to play fair once they've been caught. Harsher punishment, perma on third or second, but not first I say.
    Echo, VeL
    Got nothing to do with rice wat, and dude you can conflate bhop scripts and breaking and entering and theft you want you've missed the mark by a mile. I'm saying harsher punishment here with a chance of redemption, not that hackers are some innocent person who made a few mistakes and didn't mean to harm anyone's gameplay or some dumb shit; I'm saying that there's a good middle ground to ban the idiots who do nothing but hop on and hack, and still give the person who regrets it a chance to help out and still be a part of the community.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

You expect me to read your mind and know you were talking about bhop scripters? You didn't mention that in your message. I (and probably everyone else here) are talking about aimbot/wallhack/esp/etc. Also, wouldn't it not matter how long you ban the person for if they can just appeal if they truly regret their actions? Unless theres something special about perms that I dont know, they could appeal at anytime. Also the rice thing was a (half) joke. Your original message gets really hard to understand at the end for me, you say a 32w would tide them over, but like whats the point? A person that would appeal a 32w hacking ban would also appeal a perma, so why not just perma?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

sgm logic:
    perma ban people who "leak" things that were already available to the public

oh yea baby let me suck you here have a second chance hackers, wanna hack again sure come by again baby lets do this!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  19. Lordyhgm

Nah I was just saying that bhops scripts can be treated the same as aimbot in regards to punishment, and I was talking about them being banned long enough for a Lead to come on a perma it meaning no risk of it running out and them being able to rejoin the server and tbh I was only semi serious about that.

20. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

No it is not. You can ghost by accident and I've seen it multiple times. A new player might not know that messaging someone that the last person alive is AFK in a certain spot is ghosting. They're just trying to hurry up the round. But have you ever met a new player that is using cheats legitimately not know that what they're doing is breaking the rules? I'm betting no.

Yes, I agree, BUT! That chance should not be guaranteed like it is now. Like we've repeated multiple times, cheating takes an actual conscious effort to do. Why should putting the conscious effort in to beyond any reasonable doubt break the rules and ruin the gameplay of others be met with an automatic second chance? If a cheater wants a 2nd chance, make them earn it.

I don't know about VeLs case so I can't really comment on that.
    And sorry Echo, but as much as he might've "contributed" to this place, this guy cheated on EUnilla for months if even more. A ton of people knew about it but it was impossible to catch him because of how careful he was. Pretty sure he only got caught because he admitted to it eventually. Can't really say that's not "malicious" intent when it's something you do for so fucking long. I would not call his "contributions" enough to make up for the amount of hours of legitimate fair gameplay people lost because they had to play with this guy.

And again, It's not really even about cheaters not being able to reform. It's the fact that a cheater doesn't need to show that they're reformed to be forgiven. They just get unbanned automatically.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.