MAKE DEATHRUN GREAT AGAIN

Discussion in 'Deathrun Discussion' started by Scarwolf, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

So, i think deathrun could use some love. After playing it for a while, i got some suggestions. (perhaps move this to suggestions if necessesary)

1.- Maps. Quite a lot of them are unknown and just plain bad. some have broken traps and so on. now i havent been able to test all of them because there are justWAY too many maps . I'm down to test all of the maps and suggestwhich ones stay if you guys want me to do so. Right now i can tell you the map i think called combine SUCKS and has broken traps.

2.- Fun rounds. Now i know sgm is known for its fun rounds. Rarely do servers have them. but i do think that deathrun... doesnt really need them. most of the things you could have in a fun round just dont work for deathrun. A big one is slippery. God it is so bad, the round is pretty much unplayable. Now this is not to say there couldnt be good fun rounds, i just think people havent gotten around to coming up with some.

3.- Now less relevant but i think the pointshop is also kind of stale. the whole ranks thing is not very enticing so i doubt people actually buy them anyway. Id say add more options for skins and so on for all levels, and some extra cool stuff for the top ones. Also id say the TTT ranks should work just fine, and having them be separate is, well, unnecesary imo.

Also, i know this community is pretty much 100% dedicated to TTT (with the few exceptions), but if we got some active members to play consistently we might be able to spark the server back up.

tldr-- give DR some love yo.

(here ill put some fun round ideas i got. might add more as i see fit, make sure to comment some if u have any.)

• Slow mo. Pretty intuitive, and gives both deaths and runners some more time to react to things. Feels interesting to me.
    • Race. Both runners and deaths spawn as runners, with a couple more deaths. They race to the end of the track without any traps, whoever gets there first wins.
    • Kart. (note for all these suggestions i dont really know the difficulty of implementation. ) so basically runners race as normal but they can encounter certain power ups, like in mario kart. Perhaps some sort of turbo, a small pistol to damage deaths, a start like thing that makes them invincible to traps for a short time, you know the deal.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Alright I have quite a few things to point out to you about this. Race is already a gamemode at the end of some courses, so it wouldn't need to be made into a funround. Kart would be impossible to control, and what would the power ups be? Another suggestion that would be good is have funrounds give POINTS TO DEATH AND RUNNERS OR WHOEVER WINS. Also the pointshop has more things in it than nilla

3. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

Yeah well, like i said, these are just suggestions. i have no problem with fun rounds being removed entirely. And so what the pointshop has more than nilla, its nilla you are comparing it to bruh. that isnt saying much.

4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

It probably has as much as modded :/. There are a fuck ton of knife skins for ranks, deathmodel ranks, playermodel ranks, and other things I can't think of right now. It would be cool if there were perks like skip achievements, but this isn't a suggestions thread so
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

I partially agree with your post, but I'll have you know low gravity is a good fun round.

I wish more people played deathrun so I could play it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

yeah , i have no problem with low grav. but slippery though. ugh.

7. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

Yeah, so overall I have some large list of suggestions for Deathrun which *i'm hoping* will get implemented at some point.

On the map front, there really are just some bad maps that are just unfun for users to play on due to things like the amount of autotraps, while some other maps just seem completely unfinished (looking at dr_chilled). Some like combine just have a lot of broken bits and are on the list for removal too.

I like your ideas for fun rounds tbh, I'd like to see them implemented. They seem actually fun, unlike slippery floors which is just a drain. At least we got jumbled keys remove though.

With regards to the pointshop, I'd say overall there is too much in there. Some things will just never seemingly be used while things like knives are only available to those that come from the TTT servers. I'd like it if at least one actually decent skin would be available to normal users. I'd also like the knives to have a lower price point for the first purchase. If we make people download a load of content, its best that they can actually use the content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

another suggestion I wanna add is to the perks:
    Runners/Universal:
    1. implement a upgrade system for either the maximum speed you can go as a normal player (Top Speed)
    2. implement the same system for how fast you can reach that speed (acceleration)
    3. Maybe add a upgrade which gives you a 10% to revive at level 1, and a 45-50% chance to revive at level 5
    4. higher jumps per level
    5. Move faster when damaged (not while bhopping)
    6. Resistance to explosives (decrease in damage)

Death:
    1. Extra damage dealt while using explosive traps
    2. extra damage dealt while using burning traps
    3. more damage while using knives

(I didnt check deathrun shop so sorry if there are stuff alraedy there that I mentioned)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

i like everything in here, just i dont really know if traps' damage can be adjusted per player. if they can, im all for it. Also yes PLEASE something that i can spend my 100k points on. all the perk suggestions you gave are great.

10. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

yeah, i guess this is what i was trying to say in a way. Every cool skin and knife and what not is locked by ranks. This is why i said that TTT ranks and DR ranks could be merged, and have them have global benefits. Perhaps that would at least entince some of the TTT VIPs to go check DR out.

11. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

#RemoveCombineAndAztec

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

Was it ever great?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

It was when it was released

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

when it was released you were like 8 bro how would u kno not like u were here for it

• Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  15. Scorch

Scorch ㄣ⃒ Silver

strongly agree with 1/3. i dont really mind the fun rounds, but i noticed that slippery floors definitely makes people (especially new players) leave.

people also like to buy stuff from the shop, but seeing how the majority of the good items require to pay for a rank, people dont want to work on getting those points just to end up not being able to buy what they wanted.

havent really played gmod for a while, but i dont think anythings changed since the main dev of dr "left"

would be nice to come back to a populated dr server though (y)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

please remove these maps:
    asiatech is trash, emerald is trash, dust is trash, foundry is trash, the one with the zombies is trash, diggerworld sucks ass, all the others are decent

17. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

Also thinking about it right now about maps and such, i believe we could use some sort of weekly rotation, or daily or something, in which maps are quite heavely reduced and you can play those maps only that day. What i think this would do is make all maps more played, bringing in variety, but also make people focus on certain maps, cos i know that at least in bhop and surf server people like to work on the same map for a while, to try to get secrets done and what not, so this might be a way to do it.

18. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Unfortunately highwon is the only person that can do much. And he prioritizes TTT. Only way to make it great is if we as a community revive it again.

19. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

#RepopDeathrun

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

highwon prioritises ttt and doesn't do much at all which is precisely the reason why we need this thread. so when and if he ever decides to update deathrun, he knows what to do via the community suggestions in this thread

• Agree Agree x 2