Make AFK avoidance against the rules

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Noctorious, Jun 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

But are they technically afk if they are moving?

2. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

I mean, it's not even true that being afk and using the afk script are the same thing, the first one ends the moment you get moved to spectator to stop you from delaying, optimistically in one round, the second ones almost guarantees that every round they are a T will be delayed (also sometimes it's hard to find the afk, sometimes vanilla people don't even look for one), for however many rounds and maps it takes for the person to come back or for a staff to join and move them to spectator.

But at the same time, if it was a rule, what would be the punishment?

3. iii

yes, they are

4. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

he can just report them for delaying, because that's what you're doing by AFK scripting

5. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I haven't changed any argument and I'm still not agreeing with you. I'm convinced you're trolling at this point.

I have said, using the script, still AFK.

I have said an additional rule regarding it is ridiculously unnecessary.

I have said a extra punishment for this example of delaying wouldn't work at all, because it requires staff to be there, and if staff are there !fspec works fine.

6. iii

Why would it require staff to be there?

7. Jabba the Slut

8. iii

I don't see it, "warn him maybe" isn't a mild punishment, it's not even a punishment.

Edit: A 8 hours ban is a mild punishment, but I'd imagine it would go like the mic spam, requiring multiple rounds of evidence.

Though, honestly, I don't see any suggestion of punishment, and I don't really see this suggestion doing anything without actually defining that.
    I mean I guess you could make it traitorous, to use the script to avoid being moved to spectator, but I'm not sure that's the equitable response nor if it really comes without problems either...

I'll give this suggestion a -1, including tomcat's, because as it is it doesn't seem well formed enough that it would even work.

Though having rounds last a while because of people avoiding being moved to spectator, which gives them literally no gain at all since they get moved to another server if the server is full, so they will still be farming points on the other server, and only having "they will get a warning for delaying" to look forward to on forum reporting someone who is constantly doing it... well that just doesn't seem ideal either.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  9. Jabba the Slut

Crazy how the majority of the minor offense punishments we give involve a warning step if it isn't a punishment.

• Like Like x 1
  10. iii

I've edited my post. But yeah, -1 for this suggestion as it is.

But, that's semantics, a warning is a warning, it isn't a punishment, and it certainly isn't mild.

11. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

OK, Good. That solves the problem while staff are there, it does nothing when staff are not there.
    So, you KNOW this is an irritating issue for players.

You DO NOT believe that using an AFK script is any different than being AFK.

You DO NOT believe that being AFK is against the rules.
    There are things you can do about it.
    This does not prevent significant delays from occurring.
    The nice thing about AFK scripts is that the person using them is AFK. When the staff comes on, they will be caught.

AND HERE you at least imply that what we're talking about with AFK Scripting is delaying and therefore against the rules.
    Here you fucking call what I'm arguing for is a rule against delaying. Which you say we already have.

Either AFK scripting is against the rules, or it isn't. Decide which, and justify it. Because your logic is proven to be flawed time and time again.

All we want in this thread is for AFK scripting to be disallowed. It is a tiny change. If it's already against the rules, great, just clarify it. That's not redundant, that's just being descriptive.

Here is a quote of ALL your posts in this thread, so don't say I'm taking you out of context. You are either 1. Lying. 2. Delusional. 3. Incompetent.
    I am not trolling here. You are just being inconsistent as fuck, ignoring everything everyone is telling you, and making arguments in your own damn head.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

@Jabba the Slut I completely agree with you on the importance of staff efficiency over petty AFKing and that it would come under the rule of delaying. I believe if a certain individual became problematic with it, you would respond in a fair manner. @TomCat™ I am failing to see what your proposal is? Can you make any persuasive claims against what has Jabba said. As of right now, it seems as if you have something against Jabba and are taking stuff personally rather than looking out to make the server better. I look forward to your response.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cash

afking is delaying hence being allowed to kill afks in overtime, just forum report the scripters for delaying if you're gonna whine

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

Yo compendres why is this such a big deal. But if I'm gonna weigh in, I agree with Jabba. I mean I don't mind whether or not you add afk scripting to the rules. Because I think it's a really insignificant thing to complain about. What would you do as staff if it was added to the rules? Probably nothing because it only occurs when staff aren't on. And if it does occur when staff are on, in the first two rounds the staff member will fspec or kick them or something.

What are you gonna report someone for doing +right or +forward in console? Are you really that upset about someone being afk that you would actually go out of your way to get video of them doing that, and then fill out a report form just to get them warned?
    Like @TomCat™ no offense, but this just seems like another petty thing you want to complain and whine about. If someone is delaying, and it's constant, call a staff member on or report them. We already have a rule in place for doing something like this. You know what it's called? You should because a million different people have pointed it out to you. It's called "no delaying"... Why ya gotta turn this into an entire ass forum argument.
    Smh my head.

Anyway -1

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jabba the Slut

You are still failing to understand anything I've written. You seem to have it in your head that simply being AFK is inherently Delaying. I have said scripting is delaying, and already covered in our rules.

Simply being AFK is not delaying itself. I can go let my cat inside without being delaying.

Though it seems context isn't your strong suit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Cash

I mean tbf if you join then afk until overtime, technically it's delaying at that point ;)

17. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I have not once said that. I have made it exceptionally clear that this is entirely about cheating the f-spec system and using scripts to avoid being put in AFK. It's my fault you are illiterate.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Jabba the Slut

You are right, which is what I mean by context.

Scripting is delaying, it is also considered AFK. However, that does not mean that every instance of being AFK is Delaying.

Which is what I meant by saying we have no rule against being AFK.

We have rules against Delaying which only sometimes includes being AFK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

BRUH , what are you offering? your just arguing with jabba but not providing anything informative xD

20. Cash

you cannot cheat the fspec system because staff also use fspec (y) you only cheat the automated portion

again report them for delaying/call staff/ RANDOMLY KILL THEM if its an issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.