Macros for staffing

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Xproplayer, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I'm bored and in love with macros, a few staff members think it might be possible to make a few staffing actions easier, so post here and I can check out whats possible. The main things I'm doing with macros is moving the cursor to specific cordinates, clicking, moving as an offset (so move the cursor down 50 pixels from current location), sending keystrokes and other combinations, etc. If someone wants to upload a video of them staffing I could take a look at what actions could be automated or if thats too private just try to find some simple actions that can be automated.

1ST Macro is live, rdm and leave bans! F5 to view adminstats, F6 to ban for rdm and leave 1st, F7 for rdm and leave 2nd.
    http://pastebin.com/Pz6JGwEg

HERE is the version that will not hit enter to ban, you will have to do so:
    http://pastebin.com/ibGaPHFY

For these macros we'll be using a program called AutoHotKey, here is the download link: autohotkey.com/download the program is legit and you can do all the research you want.

Edit: script installation guide

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. sounds dope

3. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

Maybe, if you could somehow make one for banning for RDM and leave 1st. The macro would copy the steam I'd, paste it into the Ulx menu, type in RDM and leave 1st, set the ban length to 5 days, and then click ban. I don't know if that would be super complicated but it would be useful for staffing servers like EU Vanilla.

Just a thought.

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

It potentially could be done, what ways do you have to get the steamid?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I'll be talking about needing coordinates for certain parts of these macros, the ideal way to obtain them is once you have autohotkey downloaded search for the program "window spy" and open that up and put it on your alternate monitor then the coordinates will show while you hover over, for those that don't have dual monitors you can use this video guide:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Type status in console.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

With the help of GunAndBomb I have made a public beta for opening admin stats and rdm and leave 1st and 2nd offense bans.

Here is the code:
    http://pastebin.com/Pz6JGwEg

what you'll want to do is follow the guide on my original post and install autohotkey, and then follow the instructions for creating the script. Hotkeys are F5 is after you've copied a steamid in chat and it will open admin stats, with adminstats open F6 will ban that player for rdm and leave 1st, f7 will ban that player for rdm and leave 2nd.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Need a staff member to aid in the creation of a macro to set reports in progress, steam message or talk on TeamSpeak.

• Like Like x 3
  9. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

This is of extreme interest to me, and if my understanding of what you say these macros are capable of is correct, then I can think of several ways in which this could increase efficiency 10 fold. I'm surprised there isn't more support on this. I'd like to see some video examples of someone using your work so far - if that's possible. On another note, obviously it'd be easier for you to do these macros if you were staff, but perhaps you can talk with a lead admin and he could give you the status of trial mod temporarily, so you can really get to work on creating these macros.

10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Right now only @GunAndBomb is using the macros, he created a video but it's in the staff forums since it shows a players admin stats, I know you've been staff before so if you can get permission I can send you the video or someone can send it to you. As for leads I've talked to @CDriscoll and he said he'd look at the thread but I haven't heard much, there's always the test server if needed. I could do a showcase video of my ttt macros to see what's possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

You missed the macro to gag everyone and slay yourself 1000 times.

12. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

@Togo

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1