M16 Changes

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by BorkWoof, Jul 8, 2017.

1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

The M16 is a brilliant weapon, but It has some great flaws that just make me not use this gun.
    -Make it use SMG ammo, so the gun can be used alongside a trusty sidearm such as the SIG/HK45c
    -Give it an improved FOV, the gun takes up half your screen, It's absolutely horrid. (I spun real fast and I saw a pretty good FOV position, something like this: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....712/FBD0C19F481BEC2687718F3FFB0BE26660A4DE53/

Overall these minor changes could, in my opinion, make the M16 used much more. thank you for reading.

m16 gets better fov/smg ammo pls dont rate me with optimistic bc weapon balance again omgggg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

pls read before optimistic

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Im just gonna say -1 because

1. The idea of the M16 taking SMG ammo just would cause more complaints about there being no ammo, especially on Vanilla.

2. With your own screenshot, it doesnt take up over half the screen like you claim. Also other guns like the HK416 and HKSL8 take up the same amount of space as the M16 does.

3. Even though you said not too its because of the weapon balance.

4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

1. Err, the addition of the M4a4 didn't cause many problems ammo wise, mainly because people would use 416 or ak47. imo i think the m16 could be in that situation

2. I spun fast with my handy dandy max sensitivity gamepad, and that is the result of an increased FOV while spinning, I suggested something like that to be added. (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

I think the FOV for the M16 is fine, but maybe it could be fixed a little bit. However I do like the M16 using pistol ammo because there is generally more of it around and if you are VIP you can throw the pistol ammo on the ground to use it for your primary. But one thing that I would like to see is either a smaller bullet cone because I notice that at medium to far ranges my bullets have a hard time hitting and perhaps a higher body shot damage aswell. But that's just my opinion. (I also like the old sound for it too) but I'd give this post a +1

6. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I think the M16 is actually a fairly accurate AR, as I've managed to snipe people across the bookshelf. The DPS of the AR is, in my opinion really good. Surely can't compete with AK or HK416, but good.
    It's the massive scope that leads to a suggested FOV fix.