Low Population Server

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Wojack, Feb 1, 2015.

1. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Going to go ahead and say that I'd enjoy this as well. +1

2. daddy

daddy おじいちゃんファック VIP Bronze

I've personally always enjoyed playing on servers that had 16 players or less, and as long as the staff continue regularly staffing the other servers, not just bunch up on the low population server, I think this would be a great addition.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Theres no way we could make this...say...Europe?

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

Come on now, you've been here a long time. You should know about the old Europe server and how that turned out lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

As I've already stated on this thread, this suggestion gets my full support because it would offer a new experience to our users, and could perhaps draw a new crowd in. Also, 16-24 player TTT is the best in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. We need a European server, even if it is 16- players.

7. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

The attempt at a European server was a colossal failure, or so I've heard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sivad87

Sivad87 On the other hand you have other fingers. VIP

I would like to see a low population server with maybe a different set of weapons geared toward low population server. 16 player max, no C4, maybe add in some other weapons and maps from the workshop that work better for smaller servers.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

We need tha boom boom

10. I would say atleast 20% of this community are European, counting all the brits, people in the Netherlands (I think that's near Europe :confused:) and others.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Sivad87

Sivad87 On the other hand you have other fingers. VIP

Yes I love using C4 as well as the next guy but having especially small maps on a low population server will just leave C4 being too overpowered as 2 of them could probably kill everyone on the map. Think Clue, you can place 2-3 C4 and kill pretty much everyone on the map and this will also leave the T's with nowhere to hide from it. I think it will cause more harm than fun on something like this.

12. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

If we use small maps, c4 will literally nuke the map/server like clue for example.
    Well, that are the size of clue.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  13. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1337 @Highwon please this is more fun and makes games like the c4 game a lot more fun
    Maybe an increased fun round chance too

14. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

+1 This could help train newer mods without floods of reports coming in. Besides, I find that low populated servers have a better in game experience.

15. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

+1 for these reasons, @Darktooth @Slicck @Highwon (just to have 'em)

As I've been led to believe, there will be no reserved slots for staff, low population or not
    This may be changed due to the time it would take for one of these servers to become full, as opposed to a 36 max server, but doubtful

16. Candycaneore

Candycaneore Neko Candy VIP Silver

This makes me think of Vanilla, because many players when I first started modding Vanilla I had to ban many players that broke rules, but this is kind of general as well since we ban many players from all our servers who do bad thins, but some come back and some don't. Also I question how does this make a "closer knit game community" since people come and go, and the server could also be filled with many new comers?

17. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

There are 4 reserved slots on each server as it is presently. Their capacity is 40 players but only 36 regular players can join, if it's full a staff member can still join.

18. Candycaneore

Candycaneore Neko Candy VIP Silver

But I do like the idea +1

19. LOL I talked to a staff member about necro-posting and I posted a reply too quickly, before they fully explained. Yeah… sorry lol.

20. Since you guys did not like the idea of a donor only server how a about there is a new rank called registered, you get the rank by having a forum account or joining the steam group. Once you have that rank you can join the server. Opinions?

• Like Like x 1