Low Population Server

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Wojack, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

This was something that was suggested in another thread about something else, so I figured to make an actual thread about it.
    So, as the title says, I think we should have a low population server.
    While yes, it may be difficult to run it, I think it would be very successful. Because low population is fun.
    So yeah.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Sir Lemoncakes and I have wanted this for quite some time. +1.

3. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

+1, would probably become one of my main servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

+1
    Please @Highwon . Bless us with this almighty 20 player or less server.

5. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I don't know if Highwon would like to open up a new server, but when/if he does decide to open a new server, I would love to see a low population server. It would only need one staff member at a time, would provide a new experience to our playerbase, and would also be beneficial for training new staff members.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

I was thinking 16, but with the amount of people that go afk / that needed reserved slot, I think 20 would be a perfect number.

7. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

I would love this.
    +1

8. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

9. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Something @Mr. Rogers pointed out, is that perhaps if we disabled the ability to buy Traitor and Detective, it would allow for better class balance. I would suggest keeping everything else the same though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

This seems like a brilliant suggestion, Want to know what else would have been brilliant, RUNNING THE FUCKING BALL WHEN YOUR 1 YARD AWAY FROM A GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN!

We could balance the server by removing Jihads
    • There used as crowd clearers for large amount of players
    Create a new map list of smaller maps. So we have maps that are not excessively large for 16 players
    • Clue
    • Assault
    • Minecraft
    The small player servers would also help maintain a healthier atmosphere
    • Toxic players get banned > Good players join > Good players stay
    • A closer knit game community is also built
    Edit: Wording

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Wojack

I disagree with the jihad removal. It just seems kind of... Crappy to remove it; In my opinion it is one of the funnest and funniest pieces of T equipment. I mean they are used to clear crowds as you said, but there are also possibilities of crowds on a low population server. I don't say remove it, keep it, but it might be less useful as there is less a chance of its use on a low pop server.

I partially disagree with the map rotation. Yes, definitely keep the maps meant for less people, (ex. removing 67th way and other huge maps), but not get a new rotation or list. Just cut the larger maps, and leave the rest of them, as the maps are great.

12. Wojack

I would think that afks could just be automatically removed or something; I'm sure a system could be worked out. Because then, I'm not saying it is likely, but it is possible that it could become afk crowded. I think 16 is the perfect number if there was a way, as I previously stated to remove afks. An example could be just having them kicked or moved to another server (which already happens anyway).

13. This would be a great perk for VIP players, it could have a whitelist for only donors ;-)

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  14. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

I love the idea of a low pop server. Jihad should be fine to keep, some of the extremely large maps could be taken out however for the most part 20 players is plenty for large maps. Buy radars people. Also, I agree with Muffin/Rogers on the removing ability to buy T and D rounds to help the balance.

15. Wojack

Guys pls. This thread is almost 2 months old, why you gravediggin'? I mean I want the idea too but like yeahhh...

16. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

2 Reasons, 1 I like the idea, 2 I was exhausted and didn't realize it had been grave dug. lol

17. I usually buy new headphones every time I play on full servers.

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Wouldn't be easier to convert either the West 2 or East 2 servers for this, rather than creating a brand new server?

I'm usually not on during the day, but I've noticed it's rarely full (36/36+) on all the severs anymore.

19. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

I noticed that West 2's population is usually not full. *(Usually under 30 or 20 players) If Highwon didn't want to make another server, he could use West 2 as an alternative.

20. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Smash didn't gravedig. The thread has to be no longer relevant to be gravedug, this thread is still relevant because it hasn't been implemented/shot down.

Either way, I can see it right now:
    SeriousTTT West
    SeriousTTT West 2
    SeriousTTT East
    SeriousTTT East 2
    SeriousTTT Low Pop
    SeriousTTT Minecraft Vanilla

I'm for the idea, 22 players max (20 players, 2 slots for a staff to connect if the server is full). Take out the maps that are to large and replace them with the ones that were to small for a high capacity server.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2