lottery donation button Suggestion

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Scooter, Mar 28, 2020.

?

lottery donation button Suggestion

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

there should be a donation button where you can give ur points and not be put on the lottery so people that used there points can donate the rest to the lottery and the people who have not won yet can win something extra. what do you all think?

@Highwon
    @Voca
    @Hummgy
    @Jabba the Slut
    @Lordyhgm

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am confused. Why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

Hi confused I’m Potatoes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. I don't think so. One, that makes the system more confusing; two, the whole point of the lottery system is for people to win. However, you have to pay first, that's how a raffle works.

Just my opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

https://www.seriousgmod.com/forums/giveaways.43/

Why not do a point giveaway instead? It gives the points to people who really want them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I've wanted to dump all my points before for someone else to win, but just putting them all in a few times till someone else wins is not too difficult

7. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

the problem is, say lordy puts in 500k points
    then people will put in loads of points for high chance of winning and getting big ass reward from it, the odds will be unbalanced and will favour the bulk buys
    so instead of donating to the needy, chances are the rich will just get richer

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

And they say games dont teach us lessons about life

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

which is why lordy said "a few times"; until someone else wins

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

Except that every time you do that and still win your points increase and the people who bought tickets against you lose theirs, them losing theirs might decrease or even kill any chance they have of winning the next time if they bid all their points and if you want to add the new points that you won to your bid then you end up increasing your own chance of winning...

It's not ideal.

*edit: the - then

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  11. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

I don't know about that, I used to buy 10 tickets daily and it did take a while but eventually I won a pot of like 500k points. You just have to put in the points you earn for playing and do that long enough, eventually you will get lucky.

12. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

well I believe it is truly hard for a person to win when someone puts in 200k of tickets and they win 3 to5 times it would just be easier if they can just donate to the lottery so other people can have a chance to win that would truly be a win-win situation for everyone

I do not think it would make it that confusing it would just be a donation button for the people who have a massive amount of points

that is true but when you but in 2.5k to 5k tickets which is 250k to 500k it is kind of disheartening to see for new plays and old player who has not won yet I just want to see where we have a situation where it is a win-win for everyone

• Like Like x 1
  13. iii

At the same time, it'd be super lame if I donated points and someone sniped it with a bazillion points since their chances would be so much greater to win the donated hundred thousand+ points than it would be if said hundred thousand+ points had a chance to win...

That's the only reason I'm not fully in favour of this suggestion though, even if I still would like this feature, I'd be a bit hesitant to use it.

14. Pacifist

I still have no fucking idea what is being suggested here

15. iii

A button in the lottery so that you can donate your points to increase the total amount in the jackpot without increasing your chance of winning and without affecting anyone else's chances of winning either.
    Like, if you did it now for example:
    [​IMG]
    You click the suggested donation button, donate 200k of your points, and now the Current Jackpot has a free additional 200k without anything else changing, everyone who actually buys tickets still has their normal chance of winning which is their amount of tickets divided by the total amount of tickets, but since you're donating you wouldn't get any tickets for the donation, you'd just increase the amount of points that the people actually buying tickets can win.

16. Pacifist

oh. sounds pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

No there's points

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. MEHEEZY

MEHEEZY Supporter

guys chill, il take ur points for free

19. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Pretty much anything besides these topics (image below) of suggestions are never going to be considered, so I wouldn't even waste your time trying to suggest it. I know they should be "considered" because of community positivity, but we just don't have the development team at the ready, and most likely never will.

The content we have now is going to remain the same for a long while. Until the annual events, which is like 3 weeks out of the year :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Big, BIG, disagree.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1