Loophole Closure: Detectives KOSing other Detectives

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Juice Juice™, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Related Q&A here, but I am absolutely amazed that a detective can KOS someone and then immediately kill people for simply repeating that KOS in voice chat, and that's just completely fine by current rules. Lets find a way to fix that, why don't we?

Edit:
    A detective shouldn't be allowed to kill a person who repeated their KOS on voice chat, if that KOS was made on another detective, and get away with it without a slay. It doesn't matter if that KOS was made by accident or what have you. A bumped bind is punishable in any other situation. And if that KOS was called on purpose, why should they get away with it? They are either joking around or trying to bait someone into calling that KOS in voice chat to get them killed. The only reason this isn't considered RDM is 'Because the rules say so', and I would like to hear anyone make an argument otherwise, please. I truly do not understand why it is this way.

More Edits:
    There just isn't any reason for it to happen. I cannot see a single reason why Detectives should be allowed to do it in any situation, so I don't know why it should even be a discretionary rule, and not a consistent one. The only end result is someone losing their round for repeating a KOS called by the detective, a KOS that, when repeated, can only result in the death of the caller. A detective KOSing another detective has no advantages, only disadvantages to the innos.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. Juice Juice™

Or is there some special reason that I'm just not being made aware of to let this happen. @HelixSpiral's reasoning in the thread falls kind of flat for two reasons:
    1. Yes, you should fully expect someone to remember their own callout. Especially when it just happened.
    2. If they accidentally bumped the bind, they should still be held responsible. We hold players responsible in any other bumped-bind situation, so why not this one?

3. Han

Han       VIP

I'm unsure what you're really suggesting here. Yes, a detective can KOS someone in chat and then KOS someone who repeats that KOS. Yes, that is toxic and should be punished, especially if it's a repeated, clear behavior, by admin+ discretion. That's all there really is to it. We don't need a rule for every single way the rules can be loopholed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Juice Juice™

I mean, what would a clarification hurt? Going off the Q&A, it's completely condoned behavior. I can say from personal experience this has never been punished for, even by repeat offenders, and there isn't any good reason not to close it. To reduce rule clutter? I'd be happy if there was a way to close loopholes in the rules, just so when loopholers are caught, they have no excuses. All it would take is a single line in the extended rules, and unless you can think of a single situation in which it is appropriate for the Det to kill the guy, why would you be against it?

5. Juice Juice™

A detective shouldn't be allowed to kill a person who repeated their KOS on voice chat, if that KOS was made on another detective, and get away with it without a slay. It doesn't matter if that KOS was made by accident or what have you. A bumped bind is punishable in any other situation. And if that KOS was called on purpose, why should they get away with it? They are either joking around or trying to bait someone into calling that KOS in voice chat to get them killed. The only reason this isn't considered RDM is 'Because the rules say so'.

6. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

+1

7. Han

Han       VIP

I don't think it would be condoned behavior. You may be responsible for repeating a detective's KOS, but that doesn't mean that they won't avoid punishment either. I can't really speak for the administration, but I have a hard time seeing any of them thinking a detective acting like this wouldn't be toxic.

I don't really think it would reduce rule clutter, but add on to it. Just looking at this from a larger scope, there are a lot of loopholes that aren't mentioned as loopholes in the rules because it's a given fact that doing that will be loopholing. Most loopholers aren't dumb and have a good idea of what they're doing anyway. Why give this situation special treatment above others?

The only thing I think is necessary here is that an admin or above officially clarifying in a thread, like this one or the Q&A thread, that detectives KOSing their detective buddies in chat with the singular goal of having an innocent repeat that KOS, so that the detective may legally kill them by the rules, is toxic and susceptible to discretionary punishment. This would be helpful for clarity and also future reference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Juice Juice™

Oh, I meant that rule clutter thing as "If this rule wasn't added, it would help keep the rule clutter reduced'. sorry.

But yeah, I've been involved thrice now where there just wasn't any action taken. I want to say it was an admin+ involved with each situation, but there was one where it might have only been a moderator. The only reason this gets special treatment is because it doesn't seem to be against the rules at even a loopholing capacity. Between the responses in the Q&A thread and the fact one of hte people I was involved with was constantly doing questionable things that warranted slays and warnings, it's either beneath most radars or not even with the potential to be on it.

There just isn't any reason for it to happen. I cannot see a single reason why Detectives should be allowed to do it in any situation, so I don't know why it should even be a discretionary rule, and not a consistent one. The only end result is someone losing their round for repeating a KOS called by the detective, a KOS that, when repeated, can only result in the death of the caller. A detective KOSing another detective has no advantages, only disadvantages to the innos.

9. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

This pretty much covers it with addition to my comments in the Q&A thread. Intent is important for action to be taken- and that's where the repeated, clear behavior part comes in that Han mentioned. This rule isn't going to change.

Thanks for suggesting!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.