Let's talk about the double barrel

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by RhazhBash, May 16, 2017.

1. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Gun nerfs are a pretty hot topic right now, and the content team's been hinting at future balance changes to a few. The reason I'm making this thread is to talk about how strong the db is going to be when the AK and SL8 aren't 80% of the server meta.

I'll start out by talking about why I don't think the current incarnation of the gun has any issues. If you're a traitor and you need an instakill weapon, you can get a 1 shot pistol or a harpoon to do that job. No reason to waste your primary slot on it for such close range. An assault rifle would be better if you get called out or have to kill more than one inno at a time.

The real use for the db is for innos. It's the most reliable way for an innocent to compete with all the traitors running around with AKs, and it isn't too hard to play around. It encourages Ts to be careful who they try to kill by themselves or who to commit traitorous acts around. The gun isn't broken, but people hate it because it brings on the salt when they get killed by it. Think of it like how people thought of Bastion in the Overwatch open beta before everyone realized he sucked.

Since the AK is likely to be nerfed, it's a good idea to look at this gun and see how it's going to play out when the main gun it checks loses it's glory. I don't think it's going to be a viable alternative for traitors to use if the top two guns are nerfed even though the db is the only other gun I think is viable pre nerf. It's definitely going to be stronger for innos, but it would still be easy for a traitor to play around. It's going to be even better at forcing traitors to be careful of their target's weapon before trying to kill.

I don't think the db needs to be nerfed if a balance change is implemented. So long as it isn't available in the pointshop it's a great thing to have limited spawns of. If every inno ran around with one the inno winrate would skyrocket.

What does everyone else think of the gun?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

Double Barrel nasty

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

[​IMG]

4. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I think it's aite the way it is. If anything remove headshot multiplier completely to make it not randomly hit 40-60s at long range because a couple pellets accidentally hit the guy in the head.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. MythMe

MythMe VIP

remove double barrel. remove jackhammer.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

The double barrel is fine as is. Low spawn rate, can easily be countered by numerous traitor weapons and tactics. In regards to nerfing the double barrel, I will let Roger the Alien answer for me:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Do I feel guilty when I use the double barrel shotgun?

Should it be removed or nerfed?

DB checkmates itself on a lot of parameters and is rare ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Two words: Git gud

Longer Version: Move away and then kill the other player (aka gitting gud)