Lets give the server a theme! Add more endgame! (Also, Server Satisfaction Poll)

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, Mar 8, 2017.

?

Are you satisfied with the state of the Server? (As of 3/8)

1. Highly

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Sorta

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Meh. Indifferent.

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Not Really

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Probably going to leave soon, if I haven't already

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryWild_Mango

AngryWild_Mango Emerald

I messaged him but I don't know if he saw it. No reply. Can one of you inform him to reply or contact me.

@Silent Artemis On the advertising. This server has a niche because the majority of servers now are not like this one (they used to be though). This "Survival, economy, PVP server" is a server people want to play, but the thing is. It's not easy to find like other servers who advertise are. Advertising will bring permanent players because of two reasons.
    A. More people will find the server so more people will stay permanently.
    B. People who are looking for this kind of server will be able to find it before finding another server or just settling for a server they don't want.

2. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I understand the appeal to survival ecoomy pvp, but that doesn't work when we don't really have economy or pvp in a form that appeals to *most* pvprs. Beyond that, you still run into the problem of a niche playerbase. The reason there arent many servers like it are because those servers dont do very well, because they run out of endgame in the first few months, leaving players to do nothing but build or make jabs at killing each other. Yes, some people enjoy that, but most don't for more than small bursts at a time

3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I personally think fixing the economy will help alot with things. Sure, the people that already have everything are bored and fixing the economy won't help much with that, however once the economy is "fixed" in a meaningful manner I could imagine people returning.

As for fixing the economy - at this point in time I think that resetting balances, fixing job income, and removing the ability to sell stuff at the market, would be a great start. Potentially add ChestShops and maybe even remove the global marketplace.

Think about it this way: If you can no longer game the system by selling at the market place, and the only source of income is via other players or job income, this means that players will start experimenting with the best ways to earn job income (and potentially game it, but that is a worry for later).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AngryWild_Mango

AngryWild_Mango Emerald

Getting the Chest shop mod will fix the economy as well has keep more players. I bet many people leave because their is no chest shop system.

And unless you want Factions. I don't know what else will change the PVP. I think we should make a PVP pit and/or PVP bridge at spawn.

@Silent Artemis Your last section about the niche is incorrect. Back when I played minecraft more 4-5 years ago. All servers were like this one. Every one I played was like this one. They don't fail. People love the shops and survival PVP combo. It is not just me and I'm sure other people here think the same since that's what they made the server to be.

All this talk of adding more mods to the server is sort of a easy solution to a problem. Sure adding more mods will make the server more popular. But it will be like every single other server. Which is a big mess of download time. Lag. Colors. Spam. And sometimes annoying kids.

5. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I'm not saying we add a lot of mods. I'm saying weo what we did with TTT: Add enough mods to make it significantly better than the vanilla experience, while retaining a simple server/load time.

If they don't fail, then where are they all? Why is everyone bored of the vanilla style, and lack of endgame? Simply adding chest shop and fixing the economy wont solve the player's disinterest in vanilla minecraft. SGmod TTT is not like every server, so why would mods make SMC so terrible?

6. Although mods might be a cool addition for players on the server, I agree that the server doesn't really need it. It's sorta like completely converting a survival server to a mini games server, it would really lose the player base we have atm. The server probably just needs something a little more interesting to make it unique, or more unique. Like daily challenges and a more in depth reward system (such as do this thing x amount of times to get this reward) and other stuff. So it's not just another survival server with a custom world that's trying to keep the old vanilla servers alive to remember how it was like 'back then'. I feel like the devs are really busy lately with other things and I sorta feel bad since we're all trying to suggest a bunch of things all at once :oops:

I don't think people are actually bored because it's a vanilla server, maybe it's the lack of structure it has since it's still a few months old or so. Modded mc servers in my opinion are a waste of time unless you were already part of the community before it was modded. When I see a modded server I go right past it, cause I can't see if it's good or not without downloading a ton of mods to even play. Maybe instead of your mods suggestion we just stick to cool plugins and try to make the server fun and interesting. Maybe we can even have a forum post where people can suggest plugins that might help make the server even more enjoyable?:p

7. AngryWild_Mango

AngryWild_Mango Emerald

I would like to share my suggestion post here.
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads...er-and-keep-it-the-same-my-experiences.38003/

@Silent Artemis
    Good point. But those servers were on 4-5 years ago. And that's what I like to play. I think they are hard to find now because mostly younger kids play minecraft now and they like all the mods because that's what they are used to. I am assuming most people that are here and people that will join will be on this server because it's like how the servers used to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.