Rejected Let Users Ignore Developers

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i dont think u and irritatingness are going to be the only non-staff devs in the entirety of sgmod's lifespan..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

So we've gone from asking to be able to ignore developers, to their powers, now about the standards they need to uphold? Lets post some evidence here of the developers not being professional and no, stating that one time that you saw them do something with another user about 5 other users while those users were trying to play crochet in the farmyard is not evidence.

There's a simple solution to all of this, when a developer posts, or someone you don't like or are butthurt about posts on the forums or in shoutbox, don't read it, close your eyes, ignore it, it's not hard. However, if a developer warns you for something you clearly need a warning for, listen and stop whatever it was.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Fundamentally, that requires reading everything they post to make sure it's not a warning. I personally would remain unaffected by this, I don't ignore anyone.

However, if Developers are going to have the same powers and privileges as staff, they should be held to the same standard. Being highly aggressive is something that doesn't seem to be acceptable as a staff member, from what I've noticed, and this thread alone proves that Rick is.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Your personal name usually pops out in chat, quickly scan when a dev randomly pops up in shoutbox and see if his sentence contains "Warn, stop, "your name" etc" and if it doesnt, dont reply to him, dont acknowledge them, move on with whatever you were chatting about.

This thread shows rick as highly aggressive? which sentences show that to you?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I'm actually going to close this thread. @Scrooge is correct here- this topic has gone far off topic at this point.

This suggestion has gone way off base from the original suggestion to the point where it is just a pile on @Toxrick and this is a report section.

If you have an issue with a particular staff member abusing their position or not upholding the staff/community guidelines then you can report them to their superior with evidence. For developers, this would be the owner. This is not a report section, and this is what this thread has devolved in to.

As developers are indeed staff I don't see any reason why their warnings in shoutbox/other areas of the forum would be nullified. Because of this, it wouldn't be wise for us to be able to ignore these users.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.