Rejected Let Users Ignore Developers

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Ah, yeah man, you have so many -other- developers you could stand to ignore, right? I have news for you, @irritatingness is the ONLY other dev you could possibly ignore. Given that factoid and our history, it's pretty clear cut why you're making this ridiculous 'suggestion'. Lol. It isn't on me if you feel instigated Python, it's on you. Maybe self reflect. Either way, I'm done here.

• Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Recently I joked about applying for part time mod and you laughed at me and said "what a joke" in shoutbox lol?

If we were friends cool, yeah I get it, but we're not, and you've made it clear we're not, so why say things like that even? Especially if I was clearly joking

It's little things like this that build up and make me wish I could ignore your offputting remarks. Maybe you should do some self-reflecting and try not be such a contemptible person 24/7, and I wouldn't be led to make suggestions like these.
    Just a thought

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I started this thread as meh but I Read through it and now +1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I’ll bite.

Our development team is currently made of either current otherwise staff members, or ex-admins. If they have the forum permissions to do so- I don’t see any reason why their warnings should mean any less than a moderators. They have the expierence and rule knowledge to do so- and they are indeed staff. I don’t see any reason provide a limitation here in helping us moderate at the very least a basic level.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Ok so here's an exception in the case and we know him both you and I well.

DeathByRussian was formerly a developer with the rank on the forums, but he was never within our community as a mod or admin. Granted, the current team comprises of former staff however their duties as a developer (and solely a developer) is to create content for the servers and not moderate them or the forums. Yea, they've done their job in the past as moderators/admins. However, there's a reason why they're not mod/admin anymore whether personal or more internal. Whatever the case may be, the current team doesn't represent the future team. A future team that could have developers that were never mod/admin. So what I am saying here is: Bolster the developer rank's requirements to be a developer to include being a former staff member within SGM and while doing that make it known to the rest of the community that their word has just as much meaning (primarily on the forums considering that's where the ignore function is) as a mod's or Don't do that and allow devs to be ignored.

6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Then maybe have somewhat of a standard for these staff? I don't need to be warned by a dev that does the exact same shit I do.

This is his fucking profile for fucks sake. Imagine getting warned for instigation or harassment by this:
    [​IMG]

Realtime stats of the credibility and professionalism of the staff team:
    https://www.coinbase.com/dashboard

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

That’s true, but both deathbyrussian and irritatingness played moderating rules in SMC discussion (which is actually counter to your earlier point that developers have never acted outside of developing as you mentioned earlier). No offense, but at a surface level, moderating the forums isn't difficult in majority of cases and I have full confidence that they are able to do so. Since they have the resources to do so, I don’t see any reason to limit them from this. They are staff after all and a staff warning should carry the same weight regardless of their rank.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. CorallocinB

Minecraft was a clusterfork of a thing in terms of who has what power/commands we know that well (rip SMC). But yea that's true.

Ok then the last jab I'll take at this thread will be what Python mentioned and what all staff honestly need to uphold as a staff member.

We do have these standards outlined in staff forums. Wait no this is bringing me into a spat I was never involved in. In any case, devs if they're to be considered staff like mods on the forums they gotta be up to the same standards then. If some are feeling like as if a dev is overstepping that sort of professionalism that a staff member needs to uphold to the point of they must be ignored then there's something to that (whether it's on either side no one is handling the case properly).

I personally just feel like it would be nice to have it be more official that a dev's word is to be held with as much weight as a moderator's on the forums while being upheld to the same standards...

and or ensure that the future developers must be former/current moderating staff considering this is what currently gives the current team any weight as a dev to be the same as a moderator. Because what this thread is serving now is with your word that a dev can act as a mod with solely words and have their warnings mean just the same thing, in the future people will refer back to this thread if no other kind of note or announcement is made that "hey, dev is a "mod" listen to him if they say stuff."

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Lol bro remember like, a week ago, when rick showed up in the online staff list and someone fixed that because it was confirmed they had no powers? Devs aren't staff in those regards to warn people. Given theres like... 2 open mod slots or some shit I think you have a plenty full staff team who can warn people, you don't need developers to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zack

'Fixed' it? I still show up there. Lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

[​IMG]
    :confused:
    Heck I got sniped by him :oo:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG] well shit. The rest of my points remain tho

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

That was during his transition from admin to developer when somebody noticed for the split second between when I removed his role and was in the process of removing his permissions.

You’re correct. He wasn’t staff for nearly half a day and had no powers at that time. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. CorallocinB

I can see the rebuttal by Helix

"Yea, we don't need to have more people doing the job that we have a lot for. But it doesn't hurt either." or something like that

EDIT: Well he never said it I guess im not a clairvoyant

Still waiting on when devs are considered to be mods on forums thru official msg tho and or get a message from lead boy saying

"Listen to Devs. Their word holds as much as a mod's does on the forums whether in warnings or discussing rules. Do not try to play them off as non-staffers." Or something.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  15. Juice Juice™

Does this mean, then, that all ex-admins or ex-staff should be listened to, as they also
    Honestly, Rick doesn't exactly uphold staff's professionalism, and this is a huge endorsement for that unprofessional behavior. He be a valuable member, but he's not held to the same standards as staff while still getting the same privileges and power, at least where the forums are concerned

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

No, I never said that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Juice Juice™

So what makes developers special, when they aren't required to uphold the same standards as staff?

18. Zack

You know, for all the talk of 'standards', I'd like to know exactly at what point I've breached them, by having an opinion and being vocal? Humor me, if you feel so inclined.

• Like Like x 1
  19. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

They are? They have the same rules, and same standards.

20. Juice Juice™

I seem to remember a few days ago where Rick and another user were having arguments with a third user. In which they would bring up, or try and bring up, the topic several times after the third user asked for it to be dropped. This isn't outrageous behavior, but Rick isn't being the professional that other staff are required to be. If you can't see how Rick, or any other of the developers, for that matter, might rub people the wrong way, I'm not sure how you're the right person for this conversation.

Staff are unignorable because it would interfere with their duty as staff, and I was under the impression SGM didn't approve of Forum-Exclusive staff member. If that has changed for some reason, make sure it is reflected properly within the rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.