Rejected Let Users Ignore Developers

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Nobody in particular led to the creation of this thread:whistle:

No reason we shouldn't be allowed to. I understand TTT/DR staff, but devs aren't really necessary in appeals or reports so :oops:

I mean, when you have a dev whose custom title is "Chief Instigator" and whose name literally has "toxic" in it, can you blame me for wanting to ignore them?

For the time being:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Dumb x 8
    • Agree x 7
    • Confusing x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I agree it's not like their warnings have any more backing/seriousness/meaning than a common user. It's not like they can dish out bans. They just like any other commoner ask for a mod/admin to intervene and they deal with it.

Let us ignore them!

Edit: To elaborate...

We cannot ignore staff for the primary reason of them requiring giving us warnings for whatever we do if it's breaking the rules. Considering their goal is to promote a positive environment and have us learn from our mistakes we have to see what they say in order for that goal to be realized. If we don't abide, we'll get banned because their warnings are official considering they have the power to ban us (or at least admins... mods just have warning power). However, not once have I ever seen a developer in STTT/SGM history act as if they were a staff member dishing out warnings and have any powers to ban users for not listening. They only develop content for the community and not enforce the rules of the community. They're glorified community members for a good reason, but that doesn't mean their words should have to be seen regardless of what they say considering their goal isn't to "promote a positive environment and have us learn from our mistakes" but instead create content. We don't need to know what content they're creating.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. 4sea

4sea VIP

I mean.. you should be able to ignore staff too.
    If they warn you and you can't read it that sounds more like a -you- problem. As long the staff did their job its up to you if you choose to ignore them or not, concequences are yours.

[​IMG]

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

We'll make an exclusive exception so that you can ignore me Python, don't hate on @PixeL and @irritatingness for your personal vendettas.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Dont worry Rick, ill never ignore you.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Python~

idk what you're talking about :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Let Python ignore Rick*

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Python~

@Han Solo please recreate this suggestion so it can be approved thank

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Python~

Wondering if there is any reasoning at all that people who disagree with this suggestion can give as to why we shouldn't be allowed to ignore devs?

Don't worry, if this suggestion is accepted, I'm positive I won't be the only one (y)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

yes... then i can finally ignore @PixeL

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  11. Thing is, only a small number of people (you and a handful others which I'm sure even DieKasta can count) wish to ignore one developer in particular. I don't see the benefit of adding this when you can simple not read what Rick has to say

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Python~

Sometimes that's difficult when his custom title is "Chief Instigator" and he lives by that motto. Also, you could literally say "don't read what they have to say" about anyone you wish to ignore
    Not to mention that making this change, according to @irritatingness, would be a simple check of a box

13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Code:
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name         Taigachat HardIgnore
    // @namespace    seriousgmod.com
    // @version      1.0
    // @description  Literally deletes anyones messages you want
    // @author       Xproplayer
    // @include      https://www.seriousgmod.com/chat/
    // @include      https://www.seriousgmod.com/chat/popup
    // @include      https://www.seriousgmod.com/
    // @grant        none
    // ==/UserScript==

setInterval(function() {
    $('li[data-userid=8403]').remove();
    }, 1000);

1. Install tampermonkey
    2. New script
    3. Paste the code
    4. Change the userid= to whoever you don't like, any rank
    5. Make new lines for each userid.
    6. ???
    7. Petty ignoring :)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Python~

Code:
    setInterval(function() {
    $('li[data-userid=8403]').remove();
    }, 1000)
    Code:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oof

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Python~

It works but I'd still like this suggestion to be implemented just so it's a bit easier to ignore/unignore as I please :oops:

17. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

My method does work, but we shouldn't expect everyone to do that. And it has been said devs do not have authority so there is no reason to keep them unignored for staff reasons. +1 just cause it should be 2 seconds to fix

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

This isn’t so python can ignore rick, at least, that’s not why I support this.

Legitimately, there’s currently more than 1 developer and it isn’t just Rick running the ship. If anyone so happens to want to ignore irri they should (i wouldnt :love:). But admin pixel shouldn’t be ignored even if he’s a dev. Furthermore, in the future if there’s more devs to come about then what about ignoring them? Considering what I said earlier about ignoring staff vs ignoring devs it’s a legit reason to say we don’t need to know everything a dev says. Without having to rehash what I said their word has as much meaning as ours the commoners so why should we have to know all they say?

What I find to be particularly interesting at this point in the existence of this thread is not a single staff member has posted any counter arguments, but instead just posted dumb as if this has no weight, logic, or sway when it raises several valid points. Whether they’re just rating dumb because it’s a python v. Rick post or they truly don’t believe this should be a thing I would’ve expected at least 1 of them to say something by now.

The best counter to anything I said earlier is give us another reason why staff can't be ignored besides issuing warnings and how this reason applies to Developers. Developers don't enforce rules, they make content. If they don't enforce rules, their warnings aren't enforceable (unless just now out of the blue the upper administration decides that devs can enforce rules). If their warnings aren't enforceable, then regarding what I said earlier about the sole reason we can't ignore mods+ that means developers don't fall in that category.

@DieKasta @Toxrick @ant. @GimcSnooper @Destiny Blade

Let's see if that gets the ball rolling. Btw @Opalium

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

And I'M the instigator. Lol. The difference between you and I Python, is that I frankly don't give a damn what you have to say to/about me enough to report you for it. Part of life is accepting that people are going to say things you don't like/agree with. The sooner you accept it, the sooner this generation takes a step in the right direction. Nice attempt at a jab but, I know who my friends are, and I'm not worried about the ones that aren't.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  20. Python~

Aye but the ones who aren't are worried about you
    It's not like you say things that I dont agree with. I don't ignore people for having differing opinions
    But when you continuously attempt to irritate me and prod at me whenever you can, something's up, and I don't want to deal with that if staff don't want to do something about it

Also I haven't reported you so idk what your point is there, if there is one
    And you are an instigator, believe it or not. I didn't make this thread jabbing you until you commented on my "personal vendettas" lol

Good day (y)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.