Rejected Lemme modify my main thread in Hobbies section.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Chai, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

-1 just make a comment smh

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much that can happen unless xenforo has a trick or two up it's sleeve since last April. See here for reasoning/explanation.

I'm sure if you PM'd an admin with the desired formatting all said and done, something could be worked out.

4. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Someone with the correct permissions can change the settings for the entire subforum, Opal did it with the Giveaways subforum so that people could edit and delete their posts even after 3 days in it.

5. Han

Han       VIP

The change in April last year were probably due to the actions of an overwhelming minority. I was okay with it then, and still don't really mind now, but I don't think there would be any harm in changing it back. The argument that justified it then has not aged well. The environment at the time was still very contentious, but now, the people who might have abused it aren't coming back.

At the end of the day, yeah, you can just make a new comment, but I'd support this feature being added back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I suggested the idea to highwon back when the drama was happening, and while I still support it I can see the desire. Honestly if its an important enough post I would just have a staff member give you the entire posts BBCode and you can edit it as you see fit and submit to them for edits. I feel like this would be a good middle ground.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

+10000000000

Commenting on your own thread to add information makes it confusing and messy. Can't they add the option only for the hobbies branch???

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

As Highwon and myself explained previously, XenForo doesn't give us much flexibility in this. You can always contact one of the staff members to do the edit for you.

Thanks for suggesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.