Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time RANDOMIZER!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dexter, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

So yesterday, I decided to give this little adventure a go. You are pretty much playing a PC 'Version' of the Ocarina of Time game. Except that as the title suggests, things are randomized.

You start the game with a random Medallion/Spiritual Stone, completing a dungeon grants another randomized Medallion/Spiritual Stone; All the songs are randomized, (example: instead of learning 'Zelda's Lullaby' after meeting her for the first time, you'll get a random song, for me I got the Sun's Song); and all the items are randomized.

You could find the Fairy's Bow after completing the Slingshot Game in the Castle Town, you can find the Megaton Hammer in a small chest in Dodongo's Cavern, etc. All the chests in dungeons are randomized, but you still will always find the Map/Compass/Keys it's just that they can be in completely different chests.

You will be finding yourself switching between dungeons, finding chests in the secret holes, and doing NPC quests that will grant you an item (only permanent NPCs like Anju where you get an item from finding the chickens and talking to her while an adult.

Good luck fellas, so far I've ONLY completed Jabu Jabu's belly, Dodongo's Cavern, AND the Fire Temple :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dexter

I'll be making updates on this reply rather than on the original post.

UPDATE Morning of 9/12/18: I have acquired the Lens of Truth in a small chest, and the fucking HOOKSHOT from the Heart Piece Location in Kakariko Graveyard, I can now start doing the Forest Temple :joyful:.

UPDATE Evening of 9/12/18: I was able to complete the Forest Temple, exploit my way through the Great Deku Tree since I did not have either the Kokiri Sword NOR Slingshot. I rescued Epona from Lon Lon Ranch after learning her song from the Temple of Time which allowed me to complete Gerudo's Fortress. I NOW have learned the Requim of Spirit through the Kakariko Village burning cutscene and can do the Spirit Temple :cool:

UPDATE Morning of 9/13/18: The Spirit Temple tour is put on hiatus since I do not have the Mirror Shield :confused:. On the super bright side, I've gotten the Prelude of Light which makes changing between kid and a squid adult, I've also FINALLY learned Zelda's Lullaby which opens up a LOT of doors for me, and access to another song, unknown at the moment :coffee:

UPDATE #2 for Morning: Welp, as much as I HATE to do this, the fucking game...is making me do the Water Temple...:banghead:

UPDATE Evening of 9/12/18: After been given the proverbial :finger: by the Water Temple with absolutely no way of continuing without a key. The Spirit Temple, of all places, answered my prayers by gifting me the 'Longshot' from it's very last chest. I then turned that 'Middle Finger', turned the sumbitch sideways, and stuck it straight up the Water Temple's ass with a super quick boss defeat. :cool:And with that, I am able to get the Ocarina of Time and the FINAL song I need, the Song of Storms. That opens up the Bottom of the Well, and the Shadow Temple (hte LAST one before Ganon's Tower)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. Dexter

FINAL UPDATE: As of NOW, I have completed my first run of OoT Randomizer! :pompus::smuggrin:The only things I did not get were possibly 7 Heart Pieces, 3 Heart Pieces/1 Full Container, and the Half Damage Upgrade.