Lampsundae's ban appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by lampsundae, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

Your In Game Nickname :Lampsundae
    Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40385640

Why should you be unbanned: I was banned for 15 days for what i assume was killing hidden when I was a a detective, when he was trapping a player in a corner with a barrel and flailing it, so I did my duty, because eventually I knew he would be prop killed. Afterwards, no admin had tried to contact me, no RDM report was filed, and so I had to leave to attend to my animals, and when I returned I was banned for 14 days for RDM and leave.

Evidence of innocence: I was a detective, and trapping in innocent and flailing a barrel doesn't look good

2. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Did you stay until the beginning of the next round? Even then, you should have spectated.

3. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

I was never told i was going to be slain, and never had any admin contact me. So I left mid round after the next round.

4. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

slain*, and that is true. You should be unbanned.

5. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

Just waiting for an admin's response.

6. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

have to wait there really busy with reports they will get to u as soon as posable

7. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

I hope so, It kinda sucks that as soon as I come on, I get banned for a false RDM report. If anything hidden should be banned for a day for false reporting.

8. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

Looking at the ban appeal, I see spiderman banned me for RDM and leave, but as I said, as a detective I'm not going to watch a guy flail a barrel at an innocent trapped in a corner.

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

So here's the thing. Trapping someone in a corner is not traitorous; you did, in fact, RDM. If you've read the MOTD, you would understand what is traitorous and what is not. If the person is trapped, and states that they are trapped in admin chat, or even sometimes over the global chat, we, the staff, can teleport that person out. It was not your responsibility to take action and RDM someone for doing something that was not traitorous. I'm sure that you were banned for your second offense of RDM and Leave. If it as a moderator that was online, which it was, and if he lasted until the end of the round, he cannot check logs; even if there was a report filled. Just because someone doesn't file a report does not mean that there was no RDM. You may have left before Spiderman had time to properly investigate the damage logs and question as to why you killed hidden.

Bottom line: You did, in fact, RDM and leave. You killed someone for doing something that was not traitorous.

10. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

The point is, he was flailing a barrel at a random person. HE could have been prop killed any second so I shot him. And as I said, I was never told I had RDMed by hidden or Spiderman. If Highwon could offer his opinion on this, that would be great.

11. Asty

Asty Gotta live life VIP

Well heres my side. It wasnt traitorous for him to do that. If he had killed him you coulda took action, and the prop killer would be slain. You did RDM in my eyes. Also some mods/admins wont tell you that you rdmed since we get more than 1 report sometimes. If you really want Highwon to look at this then ill contact him. Your aloud to play on east for the time being.

12. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

Well I didn't think it was, but if it really comes down to it, ill serve a slay. The point is that i was banned for RDM and leave with no one telling me that I had RDmed, which I don't think I did. So if someone could un-ban me and give me a slay, it will be all good.

13. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Haha."He could have been prop killed any second, so I shot him. That's like saying "He was looking at my head and could have pulled the trigger at any time and killed me, so I shot him." They are both one in the same.

14. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

No, its like saying "he was taking shots around my head so I shot him"

15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

You are an detective that randomly killed another player, innocent or not, for a random reason that wasn't a traitorous act. Like I said before, just because there was no report doesn't make it okay; there are times when people miss click the no button. Finally, maybe the person who banned you tried to talk to you after they looked at the end of round logs, but you had already left. I'm sure you have read the MOTD.

16. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

Yes, but the admin didn't try to contact me, and I had shot him because he could have killed the person he was flailing that at. So isn't that Traitor baiting? So I am fully in the MOTD rights to do that. If an admin or highwon wants to step in, ill take a slay, but there's no way I'm taking a 13 day bad for something that's not my fault.

17. Asty

Asty Gotta live life VIP

Traitor baiting.. Really? Well I will think about unbanning you... If it was a round or a good couple of minutes one of the mods should of said something about the situation. You are able to play on east till this matter is resolved. Also my input on this is already stated previously

18. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

Thank you asty.

19. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

But as i will say, traitor baiting is the act of doing something that has the ability to wound or kill a player, so technically flailing a prop at someone while they're trapped in a corner is traitor baiting.

20. lampsundae

lampsundae Banned

It's been 8 days, please someone consider my ban appeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.