Rejected KOZ and KO5

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by ink, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

We should make KOZ's and KO5 a valid kos and close its ties with toxic gameplay. Now before you post here about the previously closed thread by @noo noo , I don't want to see already stated non-sense about the very rigid KOS guidelines and how using them is getting someone killed for "illegitimate" reasons.
    This logic is sound and is a great step in fixing what are archaic rules without a specific purpose. We shouldn't follow precedent of old lead admins just because they were lead admins. It's true that "T" has no other meaning than "traitor" and using it to mean other things is actively destroying logic and using specific parts of rules to favor a side, rather than accomplishing what the rule was intended to do. "Triator" is also obviously Traitor and using it otherwise is just twisting technicalities of rules to ruin gameplay. I do not see any reason to separate this logic from KOS's. KOS is Kill on Sight and is always kill on sight. KOZ looks exactly like KOS's and are always intercepted as such. Maybe the guy made a typo (Helix's reasoning), who knows; but the logic is that KO5 and KOZ are obviously intended as "KOS" and should be treated as such by the same logic we used above. Now before you lock this post or dumb or whatever you were going to do, I do not want to see the reason "hey hey hey hey! we have a rule that says ONLY these are koses so it's only these ok? no question; just the way it is everything else is toxic ok gid banned". If we can get over abusing the technicalities with "triator", why can't we get over abusing the technicalities of "KOZ"? In case you forgot, I do not want to see the same old logic from previous thread being used here.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I'm okay with this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

We define kos so broadly so everyone knows what IS and what ISN'T a kos.

Any person who does Koz or Ko5 with the intention to get someone killed, or cause someone to be rdmed should be dealt with to the harshest extent of the rules in my opinion.

I think the way it is now is fine, maybe there needs to be more accountability for this sort of behavior.

5. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

K0S and Ko5 should just be legit KoSes I agree due them being extremely similar to KoS

But
    This is what I disagree with. Koz can be told apart from Kos extremely easily and frankly Koz means absolutely nothing. The only part I agree with here is that KoZ should not be toxic gameplay unless done to excessive amounts, it has always been also the duty of someone following KoS to make sure hes following the right thing. For example on halloween event we had a lot of "Spooky something" names, if someone followed KoS Spooky Penguin and accidentally killed Spooky Patrick(i dont remember the others ones) thats on them even though names can be confused when read through fast/during a time when a lot happens etc.

It should be on the player who misfollows something about a KoS unless it really cannot be told apart without further looking into it. I dont see why it ever became toxic gameplay to this extent.

KoZ etc is done just to fuck around for most part. Likewise to how people Tbait their friends for absolutely no reason which even staff does constantly. Both of them can start RDM chains, why would one be dealt with harsher than the other?

(Also KoZ/Ko5 should always be allowed as a traitor[Ko5/Zing an innocent] since your job is to confuse innocent players)

6. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Suggested before by P90 Dimitri and got denied.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I personally think KOZ should be more allowed than KO5 because the Z key is right next to the S key and it is very easy to make a typo there. "X is a Triator" as a valid parameter should also extend to KOZ X just for consistency among rules if anything. Right now, one logic is cherry picked and applied to only specific parts, which makes it very confusing and unintuitive because rules aren't consistent. If typos are allowed in part of the KOS, why aren't they allowed in another?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

KOZ could easily be a typo, should be allowed.

KOZ/KO5 could also be attempts at trying to trick another player into KOSing that player. There just isn't any reason for someone to type "KO5/Z (insert name)" for any other reason than to try and trick someone into killing them, or to call a legit KOS.

If you are in the heat of the game, fast-paced as it can get, you could easily mistake a KO5 for a KOS, and will be slain for following it. I myself have been tripped up by something as simple as a KOS popping up in chat, immediately followed by someone else with a same-sized name declaring an innocent, and I end up reading as a KOS of the innocent. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one that has done something like this. At a glance, S, 5, and Z are all incredibly similar symbols. In some font packs, 5 and S are indistinguishable.

By making KOZ/KO5 a legit KOS, you accomplish two things: You close a Toxic-Gameplay loophole, and you protect people who followed a Typo. There is no negative beyond "I don't wanna, the rules should never change"

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.