Answered KOS's on detectives

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by dazza, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

i have 2 very important questions here today!

1) why on earth is kosing a detective KOSable? like if someone kills a detective because they are "kosed" they either have an extra chromesome or are a traitor theirself, it shouldnt be kosable though to call a detective a traitor (this may require an answer from a lead)

2)if an inno kosing a detective is kosable, an inno kosing an inno randomly is slayable, and a traitor kosing a traitor is rdm , why is a detective kosing a detective fine? ive seen a detective kos a detective, then someone reads that kos and says on mic "okay kos _____" simply repeating the kos and then getting killed for "kosing a detective" which loops back to point 1, it shouldnt be kosable

• Dislike x 9
    • Dumb x 7
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

1. Calling a KOS on a detective is a false KOS.
    2. A false KOS is a traitorous act.
    3. Traitorous acts do not apply to detectives .
    4. Detectives cannot call a false KOS in the operational sense of the term.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

This about covers it.

Note, concerning your deleted post where you asked about the ratings. If you make stupid “jokes”, I wouldn’t expect positive ratings. Way to be a gleaming example of our community here.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. feИRa

feИRa VIP

But doesn't false KOS still apply to detectives?

5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you mean if a detective false-KOS's an inno, or calls out a traitor for no valid reason.

As far as punishments for RDM goes. Yep.

But as far as being a traitorous act, it does not. You can not kill a detective for a false-KOS. You can't even kill a detective on a false-KOS on yourself unless they also shoot at you as well giving a fair implication that they are trying to attack you.

6. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bigger concern here is when a detective KOS's another detective, then an inno reads that KOS invoice-chat out-loud and gets killed for it. Sometimes, even by the detectives that called it. Why is that allowed?

7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

If you repeat a KOS, you're responsible for it (in terms of gameplay), you may be killed for it- it's often difficult to keep track of KOS's and we don't expect every player to remember who originally called it. This is why I don't personally repeat KOS's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Juice Juice™

No, I meant that, in the current rules, Detective A calls a KOS on Detective B, Player C then repeats that KOS in voice chat, and Detective A can then kill Player C for calling out a KOS on a detective, even though they were just repeating the KOS. My question, and I think Dazza's too, is why is that allowed.

Edit:
    I'll make a suggestion in a moment, but I am amazed that a Detective can call a KOS on someone, then immediately kill other players for repeating that KOS, and that's not somehow considered loopholing.

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/loophole-closure-detectives-kosing-other-detectives.47958/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Juice Juice™

I know I'm going to get flak for pushing this topic, especially with the suggestion open, but I am having an immense amount of trouble understanding the logic in allowing the Detective to kill people for this and have it be condoned in the rules. Since I can only see this being used as loopholing, can somebody please explain a situation where this would be useful in standard gameplay, if one exists, for what little remains of my sanity?

11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Also thread locked because the main question has been answered.
    If you have any other questions, you are free to make a new qna thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.