KOSing On Skins

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by stormcreator, Nov 7, 2013.

1. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

I think that kosing a player on their skin should not be aloud. I cant tell you how many times I have been killed because "You are the only person with the skin and I saw you kill that guy but didn't get your name." Which is, quite honestly the most bullshit reason to kill someone. For one I am often not the only one with my skin. And secondly it doesn't seem very serious as you are simply making a guess. And yes I know that I'm going to hear "If you don't like it then don't use skins, but the point is that I shouldn't have too.

2. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

It's already not allowed, if someone kills you because of that they need to be slain next round.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

What the retired admin said!

4. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

What the retired admin and the mod said!

5. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

I actually stoped using skins because of this, it twists with the game and how things are supposed to run. along with everyone complaining about the hitboxes.

6. Asty

Asty Gotta live life VIP

I think this is honestly a stupid reason, if you see the skin and not the skin why not? If you know the player that wears it and you dont get to see their name,you should be able to kos them.

7. Asty

Asty Gotta live life VIP

Also ive been calling koses like this since i started.

8. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

This issue is very finicky. I think saying "KOS anyone with the Batman skin" is against the rules, it's to broad. But if you know their username(and they're the only one with the skin) you can call it. Or if you aren't certain, you can keep it to yourself and when you see them again do something about it.

9. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I don't understand what you meant by "if you see the skin and not the skin why not". BUT i do think it's wrong to kos on skins, considering that you can change skins mid-round. When you're playing on a full server of 36 people, do you truely know that silent_rebel is the only one with a batman skin? These questions should be asked when contemplating whether or not to implement this rule.

10. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

I dont use skins, but when I did I would always change it to confuse people. Its fun.

11. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

This is why you can't really kos on skins to begin with. "KOS GUY WITH TERMINATOR MODEL!!" *me changes model to something else* Oh, I guess there were 2 terminators on the server and the other one was innocent! Sucks to be you!

12. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

OK let me just switch over to the skin they're using so I get RDM'd.

13. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think I might purposefully start doing that to eventually mitigate KOSing on skins.

14. Zikeji

KOS THE GUY IN THE TERMINATOR SKIN!

*2 seconds later*

OH GOD, 60% OF THE PLAYERS ARE USING THE SKIN. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

15. Asty

Asty Gotta live life VIP

Sorry I worded it wrong. Okay listen carefully, if you know someone who wears a certain skin and for example they kill someone but you only see the skin and not the name so you would call out the name. No offense to one one of the mods or admins that started this rule, you probs got killed on a t round for your skin.

16. DeathShot

DeathShot VIP

I keep my master chief skin 24/7 and do fairly well with taking out the garbage. I rely on causing mass mayhem and getting kills from the grave. but a situation that I find myself in every now and then is late at night/early morning where there are only a couple VIP's in the server, and most of the time I know the people that wear particular skins. But otherwise, I think it would be ok to KOS someone on skin if the possibility of having others with the same one is obsolete. And the logic of changing your skin to one that has a KOS on it is completely illogical to me.

And from experience, the ones saying "NO you cannot KOS on skins" are the T's who got called out which makes it all the more apparent ;)

17. PixelAura

PixelAura VIP

You were never able to in the first place.

18. Zikeji

Why it isn't allowed:
    You KoS said skin, the person who has skin will probably change it to a different one. Now if someone else had the skin and didn't notice it, he'll be victimized. Who's fault is it? Yours.

19. DeathShot

DeathShot VIP

I never change mine, given it has been called out dozens of times. if someone calls out a certain skin, I know exactly who it is because I keep track of who wears what within the donators/vips. and a lot of times when im playing, there are only 5 or so vips that rarely change their skin so its easy to pinpoint. I think that KOSing on a skin should only be plausible within those lines, when there are only a handful of vips and someone online who knows who wears what

20. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

I stopped using catwoman because of this, instead of calling kos on skins, they know who uses the skin and will call kos base on that, I mean it's logic.. but can get annoying, even with a disguiser they'll automatically go *kos angelx* , and Diekasta used the same skin for a bit and caused a lot of problems :D